Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We're Clemson, we're better than that.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Jul 29, 2019, 1:32 PM

I just logged on to TNET for the first time in a day or so, and wow!

I know a lot of what I seen is people just having fun with no real harm or ill will meant towards Tavien (I also think a lot people are bored, ready for some football to start and don't have anything else to focus on).

However, I think there could be a small contingent that doesn't wish him any success or actually have real hate towards him.

I'm also aware any football fans, outside Clemson, will not be able to distinguish b/n either and will note everything we say as "sour grapes", "Spoiled rotten" or label us as a "selfish, unappreciative" fanbase.

For those who are upset, mad, emotional or plan ol' P!$$3D off,......I get it. I'm disappointed too. For the same litany of selfish reasons, I wanted him to stay, or go to VT. Anywhere but, dirtpecker U.

But, I came to the conclusion when I stepped back and looked at unemotionally. I came to few thoughts, that, really had to do more with Clemson than Tavien.

Let me offer a few of those thoughts...

1) Golden Rule #1: We're Clemson, we're better than that! I learned this phrase a long time ago. I realized a long time ago that Clemson was a different place. It took me a while to realize it had nothing to do with the Death Valley, a Rock, or the beautiful campus that sat next to Lake Hartwell. It was the people within that setting that made Clemson special. We treated all fans with respect and put fellow fans in check when they went too far.

2) Feaster represented us with class. There were no bad marks on this man, and he'll leave Clemson as 1) a graduate, and 2) one of the best RB's with regards to YPA.

3) He wanted to go somewhere where he is going to double his carries a game. he wants the rock. He knows this is his last chance to play in college and an NFL shot is on the line. He'll have that opportunity at USC jr. Honestly, there were probably other places he'd rather go too, but he's made his decision, stripped of all emotion. Unfortunately, it happened to be our rival that literally had no RB depth or talent.

4) You don't have to wish him well, publicly. But, you don't have to wish him injury or lack of success (publicly) either. See Golden Rule #1.

5) There is nobody closer to the situation than Dabo. And we could learn to take a page out of his book and wish him the best and move on. We got the best RB in the country, with a lot of talent behind him.

6) Guess what guys? I can't Wait to see Lynn J Dixon getting 7-10 carries a game! Darien Rencher getting a few too will be fun to watch.

Remember, the windshield is bigger than the rear view mirror. We got LOTS to be excited about in the future. We have a great program and we're now a month away from kickoff. It's going to be another glorious season.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're Clemson, we're better than that.

Jul 29, 2019, 1:37 PM

good thoughts but when I think of "we're better than that" I think of our support of mens basketball. In that respect we are NOT better than that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 1:38 PM

Well said.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's ok. apparently our defense knows how to stop him in practice.

Jul 29, 2019, 1:48 PM

ETN and Lyn-J not so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Clemson men don’t go to USuC to play football.***

Jul 29, 2019, 1:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Amen Tiger Drummer! It's a selfish act and he's looking out

Jul 30, 2019, 10:25 AM

for Tavien Feaster and that's it. A country gentlemen puts others first and so does a good teammate. It does, however, show just how desperate Muschump really is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^says it all^^^***

Jul 30, 2019, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Clemson men don’t go to USuC to play football.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 1:54 PM

Well said.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nobody has a problem but tnet.no coach or admin.***

Jul 29, 2019, 2:02 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you know that how?***

Jul 29, 2019, 4:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jul 29, 2019, 2:08 PM

To all of you that seem to be so infatuated with Feaster ponder this:

1. He was given every opportunity to be number one and he failed, reasons know only to him and the staff.
2. His greatest moment was two years ago on a busted coverage against VA Tech.
3. His actions speak louder than words, a great big finger right in our face.
4. You don't play for Clemson as long as he did and go to the dirt peckers.
5. As far as I am concerned Feaster never existed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 4:14 PM

Well put. I pulled for him at Clem. I don't have to pull for him ever again. Trader coot and prob not will make a hit in NFL. Has lack of heart

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree 100% Gunstock. He could've transfered to any other

Jul 30, 2019, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: We're Clemson, we're better than that. ]

school and kept my respect and admiration. Sadly he chose our rival and that just isn't done. Not in my book anyways. For those who are stating how Feaster is a really good player he certainly is but if he's really all THAT good why isn't he transferring to Georgia, Virginia Tech, UNC, NC State, Virginia, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Duke, App State, Coastal, Georgia Tech, Tennessee, SC State, Jacksonville, Florida, FSU, etc.... the list goes on and on. But no. He chose our rival. He deserves what he has coming his way.

Jul 29, 2019, 2:16 PM

So if you have to remind everyone they are "better than that," are they really "better than that"?

Jul 29, 2019, 2:18 PM

Wow, I had no idea that ALL Tiger fans were on this website....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so says the leg humper that lurks on opposing teams boards

Jul 29, 2019, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: We're Clemson, we're better than that. ]

thanks for the philosophy lesson there........ nut licker

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: so says the leg humper that lurks on opposing teams boards

Jul 29, 2019, 2:28 PM

"Nutlicker" aside, you're welcome. Happy to provide some clarity here from time to time.

Don't make generalizations.

Jul 29, 2019, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: We're Clemson, we're better than that. ]

Only a few people need a reminding.....Me included.

Don't get it twisted, as a total (or percentage), it's a small few.

If you're lucky enough to play us at the end of the season, we'll welcome you by our tailgates with cold beer, a plate of the best food you'll ever eat. Then we'll tell you good game afterwards when we pound your team into the dirt with our "finesse" offense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's where I disagree with you...

Jul 29, 2019, 2:57 PM

leghumpers are not welcome at my tailgate, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't speak for me like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Here's where I disagree with you...

Jul 29, 2019, 3:00 PM

And to think that I thought we were friends.

There is a LOT of fun in being nice to people

Jul 29, 2019, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Here's where I disagree with you... ]

when you know you're team is about to beat their team into next week.

There is a LOT of fun in not being nice to UGA fans

Jul 29, 2019, 3:31 PM

because they are such a miserable bunch and so easily triggered.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Don't make generalizations.

Jul 29, 2019, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Don't make generalizations. ]

No generalizations. Just the observation that if you have to tell people to be nice, maybe they aren't very nice. Every fan base would like to think they're "above it all." In reality, they're pretty much the same. I can post one thing here that isn't in lock step with Clemson being the greatest school, team, coach, etc., and I see how much "better than that" folks are. Remind your pals here (Mr. "Nutlicker," for one) he's "better than that."

As for your tailgating invite, I've been to Clemson a bunch of times and a few game. The folks up there are always nice. Probably because I wear orange (son goes to school there).

I agree..

Jul 29, 2019, 3:29 PM

Not everyone is nice all the time.

when you go on rival teams sites and play Mr Smart@ss

Jul 29, 2019, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't make generalizations. ]

you kind of have to figure that you are going to get that kind of response.It is just a nickname for a mutt so try not to be so sensitive.

Re: when you go on rival teams sites and play Mr Smart@ss

Jul 29, 2019, 4:47 PM

It wasn't about a smart a$$ post. It wouldn't have mattered what I posted. I don't expect to lose any sleep over it. I don't expect Mr. Nutlicker will either. Just seems at odds with the whole "we're better than that" narrative.

Jul 29, 2019, 5:11 PM

is a credo that we repeat to ourselves, and our fellow Clemson alumni and/or fans, when we need a gentle reminder to hold ourselves to a higher standard.

It's not for other fanbases, nor, is it a way of saying we're better than anyone else either. It's quite simply for us, and us alone, and is not debatable by those not fortunate enough to be a Clemson man (or woman, or child).

Jul 29, 2019, 4:55 PM [ in reply to when you go on rival teams sites and play Mr Smart@ss ]

You can't just throw UGA 's last championship in my face or bring up the losses to Bama? You know, the typical UGA insults? You gotta go to "nut licker"? Kudos to you for originality. Haven't had that one hurled at me til now.

you are welcome!

Jul 29, 2019, 9:36 PM

and please expect more of the same when you come to OUR board taking pot shots at our fan base. If you don't remember......"are we really better than that?"........ Keep up the phony "I come in peace" gig, It seems that you are really fooling the natives around here.
BTW.....and no, I don't have to mention any of the 1980 stuff or that "Bama is your abusive stepdad" because it is already living rent free in your head. Good luck in the SECCG! Hope to see you in January!

Jul 30, 2019, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: when you go on rival teams sites and play Mr Smart@ss ]

there are two groups of folks you are meeting here: alumni, and "fans." The alumni will have a cordial conversation with you, and think the honor the team brings to the university outweighs won/loss records or rivalries. The "fans" are a collection mostly of nitwits. Not all of them. There are some folks who didn't graduate from Clemson but have kids here, or adopted Clemson when they were very young and understand the ethos. Just ignore the nitwits, though, and move on.

Re: Don't make generalizations.

Jul 30, 2019, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Don't make generalizations. ]

Every fan base has horrible fans mixed in with the majority of good. My personal experiences as for interactions with ugly fans are top of the list Scar because they are typically rude, crass, obnoxious, vulgar etc. the next two are Ga and Maryland. Ga only because of IPTAY people selling tickets in our sections.. now I was 30 years younger but that was the close I ever came to assisting opposing fans down the upper deck. We are creating this drama for Feaster and would have a bigger impact on whether we think he is going to help scar beat us by not talking about it at all

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

This post isn’t desperate at all.***

Jul 29, 2019, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: We're Clemson, we're better than that. ]

null

Jul 29, 2019, 2:31 PM

I have followed Tiger football many years.
Unless I am mistaken, we will now have a Clemson grad playing football for SC. I doubt we’ve ever had SC grad play for Clemson. He could be the South Carolina player with the best education on the team, maybe ever!

Jul 29, 2019, 2:44 PM

We are better than that? Lol.......ok, two things: 1. I've been a Clemson longer than you've been on this planet, and 2. He is not longer a tiger but on our rival because he wasn't good enough to start here. Sorry if I don't fit your "idea" of being better than that, he is off my radar and I frankly don't care how good or bad he does for our rival. Bryant quit because he wasn't going to start. Feaster did the same thing. McMichael did the same thing. Im a Clemson Tiger supporter, I don't support kids who get their feelings hurt and leave.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 3:33 PM

Exactly. Not sure why you're supposed to root for his success. Justin Fields bailed on UGA last year for the same reason, he couldn't win playng time. I know the circumstances for Fields and Feaster were different but in the end, they left because they couldn't play more. I don't wish any misfortune on Fields but I'm also not rooting for him to light it up at OSU.

Don't be sorry....

Jul 29, 2019, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: We're Clemson, we're better than that. ]

I didn't call you out specifically.

Jul 29, 2019, 2:42 PM

Going to throw this out there. Before the transfer portal, I thought our players were prevented ffrom transferring to the chickens. Please correct me if I am wrong. So for those of us than have been season ticket holders for a while, having one fly the coop to the chickens is a new experience for us. I will never wish Ill will on another human. But am wondering how someone that was supposed to be “All In” one day can become a coot the next? Just doesn’t sit right with me.

Jul 29, 2019, 2:55 PM

He must have missed the bucket when he threw his chip.

Jul 29, 2019, 2:45 PM

Well said. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Jul 29, 2019, 3:33 PM

I think about sitting in Death Valley and watching the Joey Batson 4th quarter video. Talks about winning championships "WITH YOUR BROTHERS" when the fans are not watching and the band is not playing.
With everything that Feaster has experienced at Clemson and been a part of I simply cannot wrap my head around him leaving his "family" at Clemson behind and going to play for the coots.

I see the world through orange glasses but to me this is exactly like Johnny Damon leaving the Red Sox and going to the Yankees. I am a huge Red Sox fan as are my Brothers, Dad, and Grand Fathers. That move by Damon went over like a big pile of crap in the punchbowl and it happened after we finally won a World Series. I realize we are talking about a pro athlete chasing bigger bucks versus a college athlete, but the college athlete should have more loyalty to his school and the guys he has played with.

This move by Feaster stinks and it is a crap move on his part. I wish no injuries upon him and I hope he finds what he is looking for but his legacy at Clemson is SHOT. Kelly B. moved on and Clemson fans will pull hard for him in the future.

Hope he realizes that Venables and Company could care less that he once wore an orange jersey. On November 30th when his team finishes up with a losing record and no bowl game Feaster will realize the mistake he has made. Not sure your draft stock increases like he intends when the team around you is a pathetic excuse filled pile of crap.

As of January 2018 we are better than ALL***

Jul 29, 2019, 3:34 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

And this I can fully support.

Jul 29, 2019, 3:36 PM

Brings a smile to my face every time.

Jul 29, 2019, 4:07 PM

It would appear there are some student athletes around the country that aren’t fascinated by the color of the jersey they wear or the logo on the side of their helmet. To them it’s just an occupation. They’re just job hopping hoping to work their way up to the best job - the NFL. This is something we as fans can never identify with because the color of the jersey and the logo on the helmet mean absolutely everything to us. I am not emotionally invested in any uniform other than Clemson’s and it’s the main reason I despise all of the alt uniforms.

Jul 29, 2019, 4:29 PM

agree with everything you said... will add.

At some point a player will start to think what's best for them, when he leaves Clemson with his degree in hand he did what the coaches asked him to do and played 110% when we were watching and when we weren't. For him, he needs a fresh start if he even get's a nod at the next level.. which equals large pay check... all the best to him. When we play them in November he's just like any other back...

He's never said one bad word about Clemson...

Jul 29, 2019, 10:55 PM

I'm not buying the Feaster apologist argument. He could have gone to ANY school. When you choose SCAR though...nah, that is simply unforgivable. There is no greater crime or betrayal for Clemson family to leave the warm bosom of light and love for the dark heart of garnet and black. #chickencursed

Nobody is apologizing for him...

Jul 30, 2019, 2:16 PM

You can disagree with his decision. You can hate it, even.

But Clemson Nation shouldn't have to apologize for a few fans who go too far and wish ill (or injury), publicly, towards a Clemson Graduate, who represented us with nothing but hard work and class for 3 years.

We're Clemson. We're better than that.

Don't worry, we're still going to beat the brakes off South Carolina, at Willy B, this fall.

This board shows we’re not better than that.

Jul 30, 2019, 8:07 AM

If we were, it would be filled with completely different posts. This board right now shows exactly who this fan base is (at least the fan base that posts here).

This board shows we’re not better than that.

Jul 30, 2019, 8:07 AM

If we were, it would be filled with completely different posts. This board right now shows exactly who this fan base is (at least the fan base that posts here).

Jul 30, 2019, 8:19 AM

7) Feaster is now a coot

8) Not cool to transfer to our rival.

God, I wish more of TNet was like you.

Jul 30, 2019, 9:21 AM

Situations like this really show you who the scumbags are that can't wait to have a reason to throw somebody under the bus. They crave reasons to hate graduates of our university who gave multiple strong seasons to the football team. They don't understand what it means to try and better oneself and make a better future for oneself because they've never played a down of Power Five football. They scream at the transfer portal even though the two most criticized players that left Clemson through it were graduates. They waste their hate on the most insignificant team on our schedule, that's so far behind us it's hardly fair to call it a rivalry. It's one of the three least important games on our schedule EVERY year but they refuse to see that.

Furthermore, they are completely incapable of just letting things go. For some unknown reason, they'd MUCH rather talk about former Clemson Tigers with hatred instead of current Clemson Tigers with respect and admiration. And that is just so telling of their personalities. It's sad how many more posts there have been about Feaster and KB than about the reigning ACC Player of the Year, who by the way is a Tiger. Man, if you're not happy about it (and neither am I) then just comment once and MOVE ON. Stop making post. After post. After post. About the same #### thing.

I'll get off my soapbox with a humble request to these people: we're all Tigers, right? We love and cheer for our Tigers all the same, right? So please make your next post about somebody that's still on the team, about how you're excited to see what they can do, or ask a depth chart question, or literally anything that has to do with the guys that are actually going to play in orange in a month. Please.

Okay, okay, okay. There is clemson and there is tnet

Jul 30, 2019, 10:37 AM

They are not the same

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 30, 2019, 10:31 AM

save the lecture pal.

Jul 30, 2019, 10:40 AM

You appear to be in need of the lecture.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2019, 10:37 AM

I agree 100%. We all really thought he was going to scar. It’s close to home. It gives him an opportunity to play immediately. Now does scar have an o line to get him out there, that will be determined. His teammates are supporting him. CJ Spiller is supporting him. Just like Bryant we the fans make this a distraction, instead of he didn’t want to be here. He stayed and graduated and ALWAYS represented Clemson with Class. He got hurt and passed over and then never could regain the top stop because of our depth. Am I going to pull for him, that I don’t know, but I do know that I’m not going to wish him injury and I hope he makes the nfl. Now come November I hope he’s stopped in the backfield every time he touches the ball. But he is a graduate and a Clemson man

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic