Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Went into Mr Knickerbocker in Gville today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Went into Mr Knickerbocker in Gville today

Dec 26, 2017, 8:56 PM

Not 1 Nike item. No jackets, hats, jerseys, polos etc. it was an awful selection.

Anybody know what the deal is? And no it wasn’t Christmas. They had tons of crap stuff

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Went into Mr Knickerbocker in Gville today

Dec 26, 2017, 8:59 PM

Also very very few Nike items online

Dec 26, 2017, 9:04 PM

Well if you'd listen to Mickey Plyler® in the mornings you'd know that Tiger Sports Shop has all the latest Nike Sideline apparel, the stuff the coaches wear, in stock.

??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2017, 9:03 PM

They probably could have answered that question for you

Bless your heart if you think Nike is quality gear

Dec 26, 2017, 9:05 PM

anything non-Nike >> anything Nike

Re: Bless your heart if you think Nike is quality gear

Dec 26, 2017, 9:07 PM

They didn’t have any quality stuff. Was like wal-mart quality. Literally the whole store

Re: Bless your heart if you think Nike is quality gear

Dec 27, 2017, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Bless your heart if you think Nike is quality gear ]

Where did the OP even say that??

Why are you butthurt about Nike?

lol ok.

Dec 27, 2017, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Bless your heart if you think Nike is quality gear ]

Unless we're talking Peter Millar dress shirts, Nike is the best, hands down. That's why our team wears it. Tell me a brand that even comes close to what Nike makes for Clemson. And don't say Columbia, items they make aren't even the right shade of Clemson orange. Not to mention the thin, poor stitching quality with their embroidery.

https://goo.gl/1xov99

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 26, 2017, 9:10 PM

if you really want Nike stuff, there is an outlet in the "big yellow " outlet mall in Gaffney. usually a pretty nice selection, but pretty much retail prices.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2017, 9:14 PM

Don’t really like Nike just thought it was weird they had zero since it is our official supplier

Mr Knickerbocker carries a limited inventory of Nike apparel

Dec 26, 2017, 9:25 PM

If Nike apparel is what you're interested in purchasing, The Tiger Sports Shop in Clemson is the place to shop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They have a whole wall of really nice golf shirts, pullovers

Dec 26, 2017, 9:38 PM

etc...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: They have a whole wall of really nice golf shirts, pullovers

Dec 27, 2017, 7:06 AM

No they dont

OK bud***

Dec 30, 2017, 6:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Ibrahims family place is the place to go...***

Dec 26, 2017, 10:02 PM

Dec 27, 2017, 12:09 AM

I'm not surprised. I've heard they are struggling quite a bit. I think there are some personal things going on within the organization, that I won't get into, but I know it's difficult when business is down.

1) They didn't invest in the store (or years) to make it better. Now it's becoming old, crammed hard to shop.

2) Bad buying. It's tough thing to buy, and buying too much of the wrong thing can really wreck havok on cash flow.

3) Owners have less & less interest as they are struggling with competition and are all pointing the finger at each other.

4) Tiger Sports have expanded their footprint and invested in online (which allowed them to reach more people, sell more gear, which allowed them to reinvest back in the business).

I can see them closing the doors in the next 3-5 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2017, 6:59 AM

Thanks for the answer!

Dec 27, 2017, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Went into Mr Knickerbocker in Gville today ]

yeah they have definitely fallen behind Tiger Sports Shop

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you ask the folks running the store what the deal was?***

Dec 27, 2017, 12:52 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr Knickerbocker is surviving on nostalgia alone

Dec 27, 2017, 1:37 AM

It used to be the only game in town. Too many shops have passed them by. Dick's and Academy now have better clothing selections. Knickerbocker is good for knick knacks and t shirts with iron on decals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't bought a cap since 5750 was bought by Era...

Dec 27, 2017, 6:50 AM

or whatever that company is called. They are craps not caps. You can't buy a true fitted Clemson cap anywhere on the planet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO, Nike is the crap stuff.

Dec 27, 2017, 7:50 AM

Those Natty shirts and hoodies last year were overpriced and cheaply made. I have had much better luck with even Fanatics branded clothing than anything from Nike.

Plus, Nike items are generic - they use the same template for all teams, not unique to Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO, Nike is the crap stuff.

Dec 27, 2017, 2:37 PM

Totally agree. The grey Nike shirts from last year felt nice and soft, but the stitching has fallen apart along the bottom.

All the fanatics gear I bought, however has held up well.

Dec 27, 2017, 8:21 AM

The PAW selling well for Christmas??

Once, I sent a sample of a laser-cut piece I made

Dec 30, 2017, 8:31 PM

to the aforementioned business.
I CLEARLY explained to them that I didn't have a licence for manufacturing the collegiate items and would need to work with someone to do that.
I asked if they were interested and gave them a price estimate.
The only response I received was about 5 days later in the form of a cease-and-desist letter from the collegiate licensing attorneys.
So... zero is the number of rips given by this poster regarding what that establishment had for sale.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic