Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well sounds like Clemson is not in the running for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Well sounds like Clemson is not in the running for

Jan 29, 2021, 9:37 AM

DJ's brother Matayo. He is looking for a big city environment with lots of artsy people. Let's face it that is not Clemson University. But we will enjoy watching DJ play and Big Dave visit while for the next two to three years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A big city environment with lots of artsy people?

Jan 29, 2021, 9:41 AM

I didn't know Portugal or Spain had teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: A big city environment with lots of artsy people?

Jan 29, 2021, 9:53 AM

Southern Cal and UCLA do.

Re: A big city environment with lots of artsy people?

Jan 29, 2021, 9:58 AM [ in reply to A big city environment with lots of artsy people? ]

Didn't know NYU had a football team.

Maybe he can play for UNC Asheville***

Jan 29, 2021, 10:36 AM [ in reply to A big city environment with lots of artsy people? ]

Re: Well sounds like Clemson is not in the running for

Jan 29, 2021, 9:42 AM

Yes, he seems to be focused elsewhere but maybe he will change his mind. We would love to have him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah- like Baton Rouge- lol!!

Jan 29, 2021, 9:53 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah- like Baton Rouge- lol!!

Jan 30, 2021, 9:15 AM

No kidding! Baton Rouge is a swampy hot #### hole!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would any of us really have had a clue where we would best

Jan 29, 2021, 9:58 AM

fit in at a college when we were in the 10th grade? I didn't even start thinking about college at all until the middle of my junior year, and only then because guidance counselor said we needed to get a jump on the application process.

He will probably change his mind a hundred times between now and putting his name on the dotted line. Because his brother will be a star at Clemson, he will have more than ample opportunity to observe our culture "behind the scenes", so to speak. We either fit his wants, or we don't. If he doesn't choose us, it won't be from lack of knowledge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would any of us really have had a clue where we would best

Jan 29, 2021, 2:55 PM

I get your point but my college choice was made at 3 and never changed. I was going to Clemson. Until I was 3, I mostly would just growl like a Tiger on command.

Re: Would any of us really have had a clue where we would best

Jan 30, 2021, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Would any of us really have had a clue where we would best ]

76er® said:

fit in at a college when we were in the 10th grade? I didn't even start thinking about college at all until the middle of my junior year, and only then because guidance counselor said we needed to get a jump on the application process.

He will probably change his mind a hundred times between now and putting his name on the dotted line. Because his brother will be a star at Clemson, he will have more than ample opportunity to observe our culture "behind the scenes", so to speak. We either fit his wants, or we don't. If he doesn't choose us, it won't be from lack of knowledge.

I have to laugh looking back when I got to High School. They gave us these packets that basically laid out how to plan your 4-years of high school around choosing the college you were to attend after graduating.

Basically you started visiting schools as soon as you could and focus on scholarships and making good grades.

In a perfect world, it's a great plan but being a kid from a poor county in SC and a first gen college student from a single mom home just above poverty, that didn't really do much but give me hope without much direction.

I was able to visit a few schools (including my fav Clemson) but, outside of a few hobbies, how was I really to determine what I wanted to go to school for other than (hopefully) a better paying job and life?

I didn't have any kind of program to help me apply for scholarships and the sites I signed up for to keep an eye on schollies didn't really help much. Even for the scholarships I did find that I met the criteria for, the deadlines were either too soon/past or I didn't have the skills to compete with the kids entering.

I used to think that the home you come from didn't matter but as I got older I saw just how HUGE of an advantage those kids coming from 2-parent households with great support networks and finances weren't an issue. However, I do choose to believe what I started with in life won't be what I end with ??

The good news for him is that his talents are going to open those doors for him and he's got a great support network to help him navigate the process.

Cool that he knows what he's looking for but agree with a lot of you...things change over time. However, if music is something he wants to do then one of those LA schools is where he is going.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2021, 10:20 AM

But we have Chik fil a

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2021, 10:29 AM

you'd think proximity to Belton- Honea Path or Starr- Iva would mitigate this

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you kidding?

Jan 29, 2021, 10:32 AM

Show him the skyline of Bryan Mall. Show him all of the parallel parking spaces in downtown Clemson. Show him the CAT public transit buses.

Clemson is about as urban as it gets.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 29, 2021, 11:11 AM

I'm betting that he stays close to home. I'm happy with whatever he chooses and hope he is too. We got DJ!

Jan 29, 2021, 11:14 AM

IDK, the one block of downtown has pretty intense traffic and the Chick-fil-A on 123 causes backups every day except Sunday

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2021, 1:55 PM

There isn’t a better place for producing music than the ATL, just a short 1:30 trip down 85!!! Best of both worlds!!! Quiet country Clemson and the ATL!

Jan 29, 2021, 5:27 PM

Yes and he has family there

Jan 29, 2021, 9:56 PM

null

Message was edited by: dabrian®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1