Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well now we have the Doctor's dissertation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Well now we have the Doctor's dissertation

Dec 16, 2020, 9:13 PM

Is the Univ of Delaware an Ivy League school? You'll know the answer if you can you find math and punctuation errors the good doctor made (and that snuck by the 4 "doctor" reviewers that signed they read it) in her dissertation.

Maybe Carlsbad® with his mastery of the English language and grammar prowess can be the first to demonstrate superior intelligence.

Get the .pdf file while you can.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a dope! So stupid, LOL!***

Dec 16, 2020, 9:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know, can you believe she got a doctorate

Dec 16, 2020, 9:18 PM

with this crap and wants to be called "Dr." LOL

I wasn't referring to her.***

Dec 17, 2020, 10:59 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You could at least link Melania's dissertation for comparison.***

Dec 16, 2020, 11:35 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yup....whataboutism is here to stay

Dec 16, 2020, 11:41 PM

2nd verse, same as the first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s sort of appropriate here right?

Dec 17, 2020, 12:09 AM

In one instance, you’ve got a foreign model who hooked an American billionaire. Probably at least in part because he saw her numerous naked and even erotically lesbian photo shoots? And OP is pissed because Jill’s PhD might not be as amazing as calling herself doctor implies?

I mean, if ever whataboutism applied it’s today, right?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Melania whats to be addressed as Dr Trump?

Dec 17, 2020, 3:28 AM

Jill Biden's degree is a joke. It was given to her because of her husband.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yet...

Dec 17, 2020, 8:19 AM

The first time P&R has debated whether a PhD should be called a doctor is over Jill Biden. Despite their having been A debate on a broader scale for sometime now. Mostly centered on female PhD and untenured professors Who use the title as a way to delineate their level of education and because they can’t say professor. So what? It’s the stupidest debate we’ve ever had on P&R.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.

Dec 17, 2020, 8:30 AM

PhDs are PhDs. They're hard work, they count, they take effort to acquire, and that's all there is to it. Anyone arguing otherwise is embarrassing himself by looking stupid with a pointless argument.

That's all there is to it. Yes, it quite possibly is the dumbest debate in history here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Yep.

Dec 17, 2020, 8:35 AM

Cat and ford,

I agree that it is stupid - and misogynist. But the dumbest ever on this board ? That is a pretty high bar.

Re: Yep.

Dec 17, 2020, 11:31 AM

This doesn't even make the top 100 dumbest posts in my humble opinion.

Were you here in the jhop days?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You probably want to say the misogynistic part quieter.***

Dec 17, 2020, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Melania whats to be addressed as Dr Trump? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Herman’s Hermits?***

Dec 17, 2020, 12:23 AM [ in reply to yup....whataboutism is here to stay ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's why it works here.

Dec 17, 2020, 8:25 AM [ in reply to yup....whataboutism is here to stay ]

People like NC spouted and lost their minds when anyone attacked Trump's wife or youngest kid (and I would argue they had good reason to). I despise Trump, but I made a point not to attack them. I think Ivanka and Junior are fair game because of their positions.

Now people like NC--who would have lost it if someone in the media went after Melania like this--is harping on it for only two reasons. And these two reasons only.

1. Tucker Carlson addresses it, and he, along with many others, only parrot what Tucker tells them. NC has 0.0 critical thinking skills (especially if a woman with a PhD intimidates him).

2. An intelligent woman with a PhD frightens and intimidates people like NC_Tiger_.

There is absolutely zero reason to have any outrage over Jill Biden's education credentials. None.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

LOLOLOL....2 TD's.

Dec 17, 2020, 10:17 AM [ in reply to yup....whataboutism is here to stay ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yup....whataboutism is here to stay

Dec 17, 2020, 11:28 AM [ in reply to yup....whataboutism is here to stay ]

Whataboutism has been wrong the last four years. Now its about to be ok, again.

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You could at least link Ladybird’s dissertation for comparison.******

Dec 17, 2020, 12:05 AM [ in reply to You could at least link Melania's dissertation for comparison.*** ]

I'll stick with reviewing her photos.***

Dec 17, 2020, 4:24 AM [ in reply to You could at least link Melania's dissertation for comparison.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gross***

Dec 17, 2020, 10:13 AM

Do a Bing image search with Safe search turned off and you'll find it***

Dec 17, 2020, 10:07 AM [ in reply to You could at least link Melania's dissertation for comparison.*** ]

My favorite Dr.:

Dec 17, 2020, 12:26 AM

https://www.esquire.com/sports/a53221/what-ive-learned-dr-j-julius-erving/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're talking about real doctors here.

Dec 17, 2020, 4:23 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpOj8iD2tis

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't get it.

Dec 17, 2020, 6:32 AM

The point, I mean. Why does this matter, so much that a primetime "news" program is apparently talking about it? (I'm assuming the screenshots aren't fake)

I think it says 'Doctorates are cheap.'***

Dec 17, 2020, 6:48 AM

They're actually not.

Dec 17, 2020, 10:58 AM

I stopped at an M.A. because I saw how much was involved in going to the Ph.D. Law school was easier. (But J.D. is also a doctoral degree.)

Tucker doesn't have much.

Dec 17, 2020, 8:32 AM [ in reply to I don't get it. ]

He can't harp on the election anymore because he knows it's done. Knowing his audience, he knows the type of people they are and aren't satisfied if he isn't attacking someone for something ridiculous and with twisted facts. Then they'll rush to the Interwebs the next day to parrot what he said.

Re: Well now we have the Doctor's dissertation

Dec 17, 2020, 6:39 AM

You’re really hung up on this for some reason***

Dec 17, 2020, 7:02 AM

A strange obsession, indeed.

Dec 17, 2020, 8:26 AM

He's clearly frightened of smart women, as is Tucker Carlson, and NC will parrot anything Tucker says.

This is true. They do tune in to Fox/Rush/NewsMax/OANN

Dec 17, 2020, 8:37 AM

to hear what they’re supposed to be outraged about, and repeat those talking points.

Dec 17, 2020, 7:43 AM

Is it stupid that people refer to her as Dr Biden? Yes.

Is an education dissertation from a state school going to be painful to read? Yes.

Is this headline news? I’m struggling to understand that one. Tucker Carlsons show was about grading Jill Biden’s dissertation? Is that what his audience has an appetite for now? I would have expected all Hunter, all China all the time on Fox these days.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can someone explain to me...

Dec 17, 2020, 8:20 AM

Why Jill Biden and her educational background are under attack? Or why anyone is taking anything Tucker Carlson says seriously after Fox News attorneys argued in court that no reasonable person should?

Seriously, though, why is she being criticized instead of her husband? What exactly about her makes you feel small and insecure, NC_Tiger_?

His wife has emasculated him such

Dec 17, 2020, 12:50 PM

that he can't go out, has no friends and the only way he feels powerful in his life is by dissing some chick?

Dec 17, 2020, 8:32 AM

I will only ask, when was the last time we dissected a man's PhD dissertation or degree ??

Dec 17, 2020, 10:17 AM

Republicans: Spend hours of primetime TV critiquing the Doctorate a woman has the audacity to have achieved.

Also Republicans: Why do people think we are mysogynistic? Why are women voting blue? I'm stumped.

Republicans are already back to the tan suit

Dec 17, 2020, 8:49 AM

criticisms.

It is sad. We know they don't have standards after 2016.

Re: Republicans are already back to the tan suit

Dec 17, 2020, 9:08 AM

Trumpies 2016 - 2020: "Pffft, who cares about about that hateful, divisive thing Trump Tweeted. You think he means all that? You think he really means it when he says he should be president a third term? Kids in cages? Quit getting triggered. Nah, man, it's cool he tear gassed people so he could awkwardly pose with a Bible. And doesn't bother me one bit how buddy buddy he is with dictators!"

Trumpies now: "OMG!!!11!!1! Don't you dare make me call her Dr. Jill Biden.!!1!!"

Of all the idiotic things to post about...

Dec 17, 2020, 8:56 AM

this can only be a sign that there is absolutely nothing else to talk about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 points

Dec 17, 2020, 9:27 AM

1) This is beyond a stupid argument. This is really the hill you want to die on?

2) However, in her defense (not that she needs it or would ask for it), those numbers aren't really problematic when you actually look at them. It is clear in the first screenshot that 3/4 and 1/4 are rounded (approximate) numbers, I see no problem with saying a group is composed of 3/4 one group, 1/4 another group, and mentioning there will be some small number of other groups. It's not particularly a profound statement, but what is problematic about it? Additionally, the second and third screenshots, would seem to me to only be problematic if the criteria given were exclusionary. It is altogether possible for some people to be members of multiple groups and to report so on their survey.

But again, this is stupid. She earned her PhD, and it is common accepted practice for folks holding one to go by doctor. Seems awfully telling that you'd only get upset at this now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The age old debate...

Dec 17, 2020, 10:04 AM

https://giphy.com/gifs/l0MYMMC11yfUf0cxy“>

Republicans and mysogyny directed at successful women

Dec 17, 2020, 10:09 AM

Name a more iconic duo.

Dr. Lynne Cheney

Dec 17, 2020, 10:43 AM

Never went by Dr, Cheney. Why? Because she is not ego filled.

Jill Biden teaches English at a community college. I'm not sure how that Ed.D is all that relevant. I would not want my daughters to look up to someone with an Ed degree teaching community college. At 24 and 26 they are already far more successful.

That said, there is nothing wrong with teaching English at a community college. It is an honorable and noble profession. There is also nothing wrong with additional education especially when you are paying for it and can afford it. Take whatever you want.

Successful is not a term that I would use for Jill Biden.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WSJ, the same publication that printed the Dr. Biden op-ed

Dec 17, 2020, 10:48 AM

had no problem referring to Lynne Cheney as "Dr. Cheney" 16 times in this article just a few months ago:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lynne-cheneys-journey-to-the-founding-era-11601049245

Well this is awkward.

Dec 17, 2020, 12:51 PM

Neal in NC®

Why do you care?

Dec 17, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Dr. Lynne Cheney ]

Who the #### cares if someone goes by "Dr" if they have a PhD?

Jill Biden teaches English at a community college. I'm not sure how that Ed.D is all that relevant. I would not want my daughters to look up to someone with an Ed degree teaching community college. At 24 and 26 they are already far more successful.

What would you prefer they look up to? Their dad, who advocates imprisoning people for political speech, advocates a civil war, and whose only opinions are generated from Tucker Carlson?

That said, there is nothing wrong with teaching English at a community college. It is an honorable and noble profession. There is also nothing wrong with additional education especially when you are paying for it and can afford it. Take whatever you want.

If you say there's nothing wrong with it or additional education, why are you attacking her? Why does any of this about her bother you?

Successful is not a term that I would use for Jill Biden.

Really? Not only did she teach at those colleges, but she also taught high school and worked with adolescents with emotional disabilities in a psychiatric hospital. She's co-founded and worked with numerous charitable foundations, including one that supports military families while their loved ones are deployed.

She made six figures teaching after her husband stopped being VP, and a lot more on speaking engagements. She published a memoir in 2019. She's published two children's books.

What, exactly, would you classify as not "successful" about her? She's about to be the First Lady of the U.S. What the #### do you have on her?

You have odd, weird outrage about this woman, and it clearly points that you have emotional issues when it comes to intelligent, successful women.

I have never watched an entire Tucker Carlson clip

Dec 17, 2020, 11:12 AM

I would have no idea who he was if it wasn't for Tigernet. About 30 seconds is all I can handle.

My god you are so full of ####. I have never advocated against free speech or for civil war. I was responding to the ridiculous notion that Republicans are misogynistic. There are millions of successful Republican woman.

I apologize.

Dec 17, 2020, 11:18 AM

I replied too quickly and made the mistake of thinking you were NC_Tiger doubling down on his post. I glanced at the name too quickly. I apologize for getting you mixed up, and none of that stuff I directed at you was meant for you.

I do disagree with your statement that she is not successful, however. Her record speaks otherwise, and there is nothing shameful about her career path.

Your mysogyny is a bad look

Dec 17, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Dr. Lynne Cheney ]

I wonder why Republicans have trouble getting women voters?

It's a mystery.

Your name calling is weak sause

Dec 17, 2020, 12:11 PM

and completely incorrect

IKR? I remember when they were totally

Dec 17, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Republicans and mysogyny directed at successful women ]

tearing down Amy Coney Barrett for really petty stuff despite her accomplishments.

Re: IKR? I remember when they were totally

Dec 17, 2020, 11:33 AM

This. ^^

If a republican does it, he is a misogynist.

If a dem attacks a conservative woman, its fair game.

I dont recall ANY liberal or Democrat (except for me, I'll call the hypocrisy out) here coming to the defense of a conservative woman.

It's really a cult-like lack of self awareness, isn't it?***

Dec 17, 2020, 12:21 PM [ in reply to IKR? I remember when they were totally ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 11:30 AM

I don't care for people who aren't truly medical doctors calling them self a dr but I dont see why moaning about it day after day. No biggie.

Dec 18, 2020, 8:24 AM

That's kind of my take. If you're not a doctor, IMHO, you shouldn't call yourself "Dr." anything. It's just pretension. If I ever get a doctorate I won't.

The Republican women strategy

Dec 17, 2020, 1:07 PM

Be as sexist as you possibly can be then send your presidential candidate on stage to beg women to like him.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

I like your funny words magic man

Dec 18, 2020, 5:29 AM

Who cares? Why do you? Your guy lost. Move on.

Tucker with his BA in History is no doubt well qualified to

Dec 18, 2020, 9:20 AM

judge others. ####, I took History classes as electives whenever I needed an easy A. LOL

But probably not as qualified as the pill poppin college dropout Rush...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Dec 18, 2020, 9:36 PM

made (and that snuck by the 4 "doctor" reviewers that signed they read it

I'm not a doctor or a PhD in engineering....but I learned in fourth grade that there's no such word as "snuck". It's sneak, sneaked, sneaked you idiot, not "snuck". Go back to 4th grade.

Dec 18, 2020, 9:53 PM

"Used as early as the late 1800s, snuck has become the standard variant past tense and past participle of the verb sneak."

https://www.thesaurus.com/e/grammar/snuck-vs-sneaked/

"past tense and past participle of sneak"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snuck

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic