Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow! Pearman .....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Wow! Pearman .....

Feb 4, 2021, 11:40 AM

Imagine being a fly on the wall in their dining room when Danny says, “honey, you know that staff reshuffling and change of job title? Well, it comes with a $295,000 reduction in salary!”

Ouch!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow! Pearman .....

Feb 4, 2021, 11:51 AM

Looks to be a 54% pay reduction. Definitely an interesting conversation to hear. Maybe given Dabo's sales ability, Pearman then felt like he was the highest regarded staff member. Think his new responsibilities could be assumed by a couple of other support staffers.

Message was edited by: BerlinSPY73®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

He made his own bed, now he has to sleep in it.

Feb 4, 2021, 11:57 AM

Dabo has been beyond generous towards Danny over the years.

From a recruiting and coaching the TE's perspective, he's always been one of the weaker links.

No school would want to hire Danny right now. Maybe in another year or two he could get a job somewhere. However, any lateral move would probably net him 250k, at best, anyway. So why leave...

That said, this position works well for him, and the team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He made his own bed, now he has to sleep in it.

Feb 4, 2021, 12:02 PM

Hard to really feel bad for a guy whose reduced salary is still 2-5x what most people on this board make.

True and we know how to keep our

Feb 4, 2021, 12:30 PM

Mouths closed and not use a word to say don’t use that word.

DABO did him a solid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 1:55 PM

Maybe he’s a 9 to 5 employee now. Less road time, less hours per week. Or may be semi-retired? Might be what he wants. Just guessing. I believe if there were issues between he and Dabo, Coach P wouldn’t still beat CU.

Feb 4, 2021, 2:19 PM

Replied down below before seeing your post with the same thought process.

Tony and CJ both say thank you!***

Feb 4, 2021, 2:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 2:17 PM

We also don't know the details of his change of position. It may very well have been a demotion, but maybe it was done in part because Pearman wanted to work less hours? I'm sure the new position won't take up nearly as many hours per week as coaching, prep, coaching meetings, team meetings, reviewing high school film reviewing game film, calling recruits, being on the road for recruiting, etc... He'll still have work to do of course, but he'll likely have much more of a family life now which perhaps is something he was looking to do.

Gotta make room for Elliott's new salary somehow I guess.***

Feb 4, 2021, 4:27 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Gotta make room for Elliott's new salary somehow I guess.***

Feb 4, 2021, 4:36 PM

He has a different job, it has a different salary. Like everywhere else in the world. It's not complicated. The alternative was probably no job at all, at least not here.

Spiller gets a raise as an on-field coach, Tony is still making less than Tony+Jeff were making, and there are some other annual raises in there like usual. This is a non-story.

Well, it is a story

Feb 4, 2021, 4:39 PM

since TigerNet and most other Clemson sports outlets have written about it.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Well, it is a story

Feb 4, 2021, 4:42 PM

Let me rephrase since you have problems understanding basics. There is nothing unexpected or abnormal in this annual salary announcement.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic