Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well folks are still lining up in the morning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,828

Well folks are still lining up in the morning

Mar 23, 2020, 2:02 PM

at Ingles where I live to run in and buy toilet paper.We had a twelve pack of large rolls we got before all this started.My question is why are people still hoarding it?I thought the bread and milk thing if snow predicted was stupid but this takes the cake.Guess I’ll be running for president under the pen name of Joe Bidet.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The toilet paper hoarding in 1973 took

Mar 23, 2020, 2:15 PM

about four months to ease.

Had a lady in my neighborhood to tell me she had bought up ten large packages of the jumbo rolls...at various stores...120 rolls...and she lives alone!

I couldn't help myself: "So, have you gone on a full diet of beans and prunes?"

She laughed, as did I. But my laughter was based on that kind of sheer stupidity and hoarding.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The toilet paper hoarding in 1973 took

Mar 23, 2020, 2:40 PM

That is too funny... Although I did buy 2 rolls from the butcher over the weekend. I imagine they did quite well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

........from the butcher. LOL***

Mar 24, 2020, 7:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well folks are still lining up in the morning

Mar 23, 2020, 2:23 PM

Thanks for that.It irritates me that at some point when we run low,I will have to stand in line just to get one pack of friggin toilet paper.Or buy corn to get the cobs??

Mar 23, 2020, 2:33 PM

To some extent, I can even understand the silly over purchase of tp but why bottled water? Do they really think that the water supply is going to be interrupted? There are even more low IQ people in this state than I realized.

Mar 23, 2020, 3:32 PM

Marshall, it isn't only there, it is everywhere for some dumb reason. I just don't get it. The Governor here is asking and almost begging people to not hoard essential items and only buy what is necessary. Seeing on the news with people lined up in parking lots just to get into the store is absolutely ridiculous.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2020, 2:34 PM

The actual funny part is if they really get sick they want need them because with viral infections you get dehydrated meaning nothing comes OUT!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the most selfish, stupid examples of hoarding that

Mar 23, 2020, 2:37 PM

I have seen in my lifetime. It seems to have morphed into a game now, where the ones who accumulate the most TP during the next couple of months will declare themselves the winners. Sadly, there is an element of our society that are not so much worried about survival, but being inconvenienced.

Post your video in the TP Hoarding Challenge!***

Mar 23, 2020, 3:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 23, 2020, 3:27 PM

Soon there will be a surplus and it will probably be dirt cheap, These fools will have spent all their money.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2020/03/20/heres-why-the-toilet-paper-shortage-is-only-temporary/#20153e962672

These are the normal people who buy 4 rolls at a time - but

Mar 23, 2020, 3:37 PM

they've run out now because of the morons who bought 100 rolls each...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These are the normal people who buy 4 rolls at a time - but

Mar 23, 2020, 3:55 PM

I asked the manager at Ingles if they could stock it at random times during the day to help stop this.He said no.

Mar 23, 2020, 5:15 PM

My sincere hope is that all of these people that hoarded hundreds of rolls all get sick. And their families. And all their friends. ########.

That is all.

Mar 24, 2020, 8:14 AM

Well you aren't very nice.

My hope is that no one gets sick.

Mar 24, 2020, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Well folks are still lining up in the morning ]

Noodle!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,828
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic