Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well boys, my buddy in the Labor Department just called
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Well boys, my buddy in the Labor Department just called

Apr 15, 2020, 9:22 PM

and said this was all about to be over and everybody will be going back to work in about six weeks. ...........

....................Everybody but Colin Kapaernik.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well boys, my buddy in the Labor Department just called

Apr 15, 2020, 9:39 PM

I would go back tomorrow if I could get a box of n95's, several boxes of gloves and a couple of face shields to protect my eyes.

As soon as POTUS can guarantee me that and give my company tests, I'm down with going back tomorrow. Until then, I love my bride too much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2020, 10:01 PM

I would feel exactly the same as you do kerigantoo if I had a job to go to!!! But before my injury, I was a dedicated employee that all employers love to have, but with this covid 19 as deadly as it is, I don't think I would be to eager to step back into the workforce until there was a vaccine or a 95% cure!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2020, 10:32 PM

You're so right. I'm trying to put some finances together where if the trigger is pulled, and told to go back before I think it's safe, I'll just call it quits. Can't take a chance on either of us with so many boxes checked. Certainly not going back based on G Man opinion. I worked 33 years in state gov and understand just a wee bit how unprepared we are. SC dhec has some great people but the procedures and equipment they have is 40 years old...

Talked to a colleague of mine over there and he said we couldn't even handle doing contact tracing in Kershaw cnty... Then they knew long before the first press conference this genie had been out of the bottle way b4 Kershaw case.

Thank God the American people were intelligent enough to read between gov lines and hunker down themselves... If Trumps puppet McMaster caves, we'll have so many northerners clogging 95, it'll look like Memorial day.

Stay safe and be well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2020, 11:54 AM

You are correct again Kerigantoo, In Sam' a couple weeks ago, a yankee just out of the blue was telling me that where he lived, they didn't have a Sam's club, I ask him where was he from, he says NY. As soon as NY was out of his mouth he says that he come down to visit with his sister for a while bc of all the sickness from covid 19 virus that the Chinese brought to NY.

I ask him if he had been tested for the virus before he left NY, he says no but, I got out of there before I was infected with that virus. That instantly run my BP up, so I said, you mean that you come from NY without first being tested, and risk infecting your sister, and anybody you come in contact with on the way down, and the people in SC not knowing if he had already been infected. He started walking away from me, and I told him that he wasn't any different than the Chinese that he accused of bringing the virus to NY by him risking to bring it in SC, go home yankee!!!

I feel like what my wife said, with all the American business men and women flying in and out of China daily buying there cheap products that floods the American retail market, that it was mostly likely Americans that brought the covid 19 virus back to the American shores.

I feel that with all the money that American business people are making by flooding our economy with Chinese products, they should be quarantined when they re-enter the US to be assure that they're not bringing the Chinese diseases back into our country unchecked, with them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These state and county health agencies all sound the same

Apr 16, 2020, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Well boys, my buddy in the Labor Department just called ]

I'm in a state with high taxes where the agencies should be well funded. Right before this mess, I fixed a filtration vacuum pump one weekend for a friend because her department couldn't afford the $1500 or so.

vaccine with 95% cure = doing nothing

Apr 15, 2020, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Well boys, my buddy in the Labor Department just called ]

The death rate now, without a vaccine, is about 4% in USA.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: vaccine with 95% cure = doing nothing

Apr 16, 2020, 12:19 PM

I'm going to assume you weren't a math major

Apr 16, 2020, 1:09 PM [ in reply to vaccine with 95% cure = doing nothing ]

You're right I guess, I haven't done a search for the survival or death rate. The thing that I do know, I am a type 2 diabetic, taking two insulin shots a day of 45 units each (that's a lot), and I have high BP taking a pill everyday that works really well so far. I'm 67 years old, and I was a two pack a day smoker before I quit 10 years ago. I do breath much better since I quit smoking, but I do still get that lung congestion at times, and I have had pneumonia in both lungs once in the past.

My wife is 69 years old, and like me an X smoker of 10 years bc, we both quit at the same time thanks to Chantix, we both laid the Cigarettes down at the same time, and we have never looked back 10 years later but, my wife has since been diagnosed with COPD...

From what the Experts say, mine and my wifes chances of surviving the covid 19 Virus are really slim. Knowing this, social distancing has been pretty easy. I'm the only one that goes out to get whatever we need, and I protect myself as well as I can. I wipe everything I get with those clorox wipes before I put them in the vehicle, and put everything in our own carry bags that are spray down with 91% alcohol. I then remove my mask/gloves, and spray myself down with the 91% alcohol before entering my vehicle. To be double safe, my wife puts on latex gloves and wipes everything down again with clorox wipes before she puts it in the cabinets, fridge, or freezer. We feel we do what we can, and we hope we will survive covid 19!!!!

Apr 16, 2020, 7:35 PM

Praying for you both brother. Keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll make it. God bless.

Apr 16, 2020, 1:18 PM [ in reply to vaccine with 95% cure = doing nothing ]

I was a terrible math student and wouldn't have graduated college if I had to take algebra (yeah, not even calculus whatever that is), and I can figure that the US death rate is Not 4%>

well try not to panic or anything....***

Apr 15, 2020, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Well boys, my buddy in the Labor Department just called ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well try not to panic or anything....***

Apr 15, 2020, 10:16 PM

???

Apr 15, 2020, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Well boys, my buddy in the Labor Department just called ]

I haven’t stop working at all and visit many plants and customers Dailey. No mask or gloves at all. Really don’t understand how people don’t want the workforce to start back up tomorrow. We are digging a hole that we won’t be able to get out of .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you should wear goggles not a face shield

Apr 16, 2020, 4:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Well boys, my buddy in the Labor Department just called ]

face shields are for splatter, goggles are for protection.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Well boys, my buddy in the Labor Department just called ]

If you’re at risk because of age, health, etc. I wish that the bailout stimulus $ would’ve been for guys like you to stay home. I am working but the overwhelming majority of my coworkers are out of work in a large manufacturing facility. I say let the low risk folks keep the economy running while keeping high risk folks at home. Will there still be hospitalizations and death among “healthy” people? Yes but knowing a few folks who tested positive along with statistics tells me this will not overwhelm the healthcare system like having everyone working would certainly do right now. I don’t mean to sound morbid or insensitive but people die all the time. It’s unavoidable. In America we act like nobody should die or get hurt but the reality is things happen and there are times when real sacrifices have to be made for the best interest of the whole. Past generations of Americans understood this. Having low risk people to continue running the economy will keep our country from digging a deeper hole debt wise. This will also help build herd immunity which is really the only way for us to beat this virus any time over the next few months.

I know people who are getting paid more to sit at home than they would be working and don’t want to come back to work. That’s ridiculous. We’ve gone about this all wrong IMO.

Apr 16, 2020, 11:42 AM

Couldn't agree with you more,. I'm at home with no pay even though I monitor email, walk the young guys through... And I'm cool with that. Our small business is down in print revenue so it's helping the company out.

I like your plan. You and Neal both have Great ideas. I just hope others follow suit. WE can make this happen. .. At the local level.

Apr 16, 2020, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Well boys, my buddy in the Labor Department just called ]

That's a great way to look at it, and thank you!!!

Apr 16, 2020, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Well boys, my buddy in the Labor Department just called ]

^^ exactly

Apr 16, 2020, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Well boys, my buddy in the Labor Department just called ]

And thus began the mass retirement of boomers....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2020, 11:08 PM

sounds about right, but it still will not be gone. We will be practicing social distancing, especially around seniors until there is a vaccine, which will take 18-24 months if all goes well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparantly the 12-18 month timeline does not change

Apr 16, 2020, 4:11 AM

it was 12-18 months back in February and it is still 12-18 months away two months later. Kind of like the free beer tomorrow sign.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2020, 2:42 AM

We will not last 6 more weeks. I’m sure 50 to 70 % of the SMALL business’s that are hurting now will be done. Some are already done.

Apr 16, 2020, 2:49 AM

After memorial day.

Apr 16, 2020, 4:49 AM

Serum treatments seem to be the best short term solution until a reliable vaccine is produced. We must also get answers on why this virus came to be. The WHO referred to Taiwan as part of China, so we know who's back pocket they are in. Recent stories that it may seem that this virus was produced by manipulation need to be investigated fully. If this is false, then the producers of this story should be shown up. If it is true, one has an act that is tantamount to an act of war by a foreign country. It can not be both ways.

The Chi-coms lied, lie and will continue to lie to save face

Apr 16, 2020, 9:43 AM

The doctor that tried to warn the world, mysteriously also dies. I don't believe that.

Apr 16, 2020, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Well boys, my buddy in the Labor Department just called ]

I've posted the same things in other threads a week or more ago. Crickets. Right now too many people are just following the programming they get from MSM. The conversation you are trying to have won't start in earnest until all the disinformation or bad information has left the scene for a bit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2020, 8:40 AM

Spud, I declare. You have “ buds” everywhere. Please remember some of your old ones are in ole Ft. Lawn. True !!

Apr 16, 2020, 9:20 AM

Still working Monday-Friday. Things have slowed here for me but I'm still running my normal schedule.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2020, 10:32 AM

I haven't missed a day of work and won't either. The business I'm in is deemed "essential" and is booming. However, the measures we have to take to protect each other are an escalation from our ordinary sanitary practices, but luckily, can be achieved without major distress.

You can thank me when you drink your bottled water, eat your eggs and get your Amazon packages in the mail.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic