Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well Boys...this one did not age well....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Well Boys...this one did not age well....

Jun 9, 2019, 9:17 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuzxLm3vFrA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well Boys...this one did not age well....

Jun 9, 2019, 10:06 AM

How can he go on as an "analyst" in his title after that shockingly bad take. How do you miss on ever single point. Its got to be some sort of a record. "Trevor Lawrence does not perform well under pressure from a four man front". Does Edwards even watch college football?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2019, 10:20 AM

Hey, Spud, old boy. Bet you don’t remember me. AmIright.. Let me know cause I recall you!

Jun 9, 2019, 3:35 PM

Spud's a married man brothalamew....
Tinder is thataway ------>

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

don't #### block a fine piece of ace like Spud

Jun 10, 2019, 3:40 AM

said: Francis Marion

Jun 9, 2019, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Well Boys...this one did not age well.... ]

No he was still right. Bama barely pressured him all night XD

He's definitely an anal-ist.***

Jun 9, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Boys...this one did not age well.... ]

Jun 9, 2019, 10:20 AM

Wow - what a miss !! Incredible !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jun 9, 2019, 10:44 AM

I thought it was interesting that he hit on key matchups but didn't even consider that they could go Clemson's way. I wonder if he was given the hypothetical that our secondary would get the better of Tua and that our o-line would outplay the d-line of Alabama, would he answer the question. I think the best that he would have considered would have been Clemson only getting moderately outplayed in those two areas rather than winning the battles.

Jun 9, 2019, 11:11 AM

Really, I think it was just the bias the media has for AL, and the secheat as a whole. They have some good teams, but to listen to him one would get the impression that all their teams are great. Not so, by a long shot. Their best team got stomped that day. Plain and simple butt whipping.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2019, 10:59 AM

You remember when your children would tell you something you knew wasn't true...and then they'd keep talking and digging their hole deeper and deeper....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He could have said "I expect Clemson to come out wearing

Jun 9, 2019, 11:05 AM

all green and blue uniforms." and that still would not be the most wrong prediciton/analysis he would have made.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Well, I found his dissection interesting & really liked his assessment of our nc game being 1 of 2

Jun 9, 2019, 11:10 AM

best in history of national championships due to high performance indexes of Clemson & Bama.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to be honest about this, Spud, ole buddy.

Jun 9, 2019, 11:40 AM

I've been laughing at ESPiN and sports writers production of fake news for about a decade now. There was a time when I actually believed that the BCS actually determined the best football team in the country was.

I think the ND/Bama game ended my confidence in ESPiN and the BCS system. I've laughed a lot at the SEC too. As pushed toward the top as ESPiN and sports media could push it's become a complete illusion that the SEC is special other than being media darlings. It's a heartfelt delight to see their flagship program, Alabama football sink in such deep water. I believe this is going to leave a mark that will show for a long, long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have to be honest about this, Spud, ole buddy.

Jun 9, 2019, 3:04 PM

I actually don't have any problem with the 4 teams that were picked for the playoff. Regardless of how badly we were able to beat Notre Dame and Alabama, it's very difficult to argue that those weren't two of the top 4 teams in the country. Personally, I would have had OU at 3 and ND at 4, but otherwise the playoff committee absolutely picked the four best AND most deserving teams.

Just because we were able to prove that we were head and shoulders above the two teams we played doesn't take away from the fact that they were two of the top four teams. The issue isn't that the pundits and networks were wrong about the top four—it's that they were wrong about how much better Clemson was than the other top teams.

College football will always have a certain amount of subjective opinions due to the nature of the sport, but outside of a few pundits that give an SEC bump to certain teams, I don't think it's a fair assessment to classify it as 'fake news.' While you and I may have each been confident in our ability to beat Bama for the championship, I don't believe anyone can honestly say that they believed we would end up winning by four touchdowns. All of the previous games, analytics, data, eye test, etc. indicated that Clemson and Bama were two very closely matched programs heading into the game. Anyone who picked either Bama or Clemson beforehand can't be judged too harshly based on the information that was available. The problem is that the data ended up being a poor indicator of just how good Clemson was. Bama was still a historically great team. Clemson was just that much better.

The playoff always seems to include the top two teams.

Jun 10, 2019, 12:12 PM

The BSC always took the SEC winner and a patsy to feed to the beast. I was all in with the Playoff until the first Playoff polls came out the first season of the Playoff era. I pitched a fit about them including three SEC teams.

It's become obvious that media bias will continue to put at least two SEC teams in the first playoff polls each year but that seems to work itself out most of the time. I'm happy with how it works now. Each season the media has to start over pushing the SEC. That's primarily because the final playoff poll makes fools of the media for how they voted early in the year.

The final poll each season has a fair amount of influence on the early polls for the coming seasons. That may be all we get but when the best two teams show up for the final game each year that's all we really wanted to start with, imo.

It's not perfect but it's not bad. I am not for playoff expansion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2019, 11:46 AM

I would agree with ONE big thing that is absolutely hard to understand, and that is why in the world would they even consider having the NC game on the west coast???? It needs to remain east of the Mississippi River until the west coast can produce a team that even comes close to competing with east coast teams. West coast fans do not care, and it's cost-prohibitive to go across the country when you could drive a short trip locally. That decision was extremely dumb. When I see crap like this, I try to visualize the room full of people getting paid well to make this much of an asinine decision. Their rich daddy must have got that job for them.

Jun 9, 2019, 11:59 AM

https://youtu.be/lw2A6s_PoDs

This is the day after show on that station. Radio gold.

Jun 9, 2019, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Boys...this one did not age well.... ]

The one plus of the game on West Coast was the further exposure of Clemson there, which is already paying dividends. As Dabo has often stated, just tell us where and when and we will show up, eager to prove ourselves. Go Tigers!!!

Jun 9, 2019, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Boys...this one did not age well.... ]

The one plus of the game on West Coast was the further exposure of Clemson there, which is already paying dividends. As Dabo has often stated, just tell us where and when and we will show up, eager to prove ourselves. Go Tigers!!!

Hahahahahaha

Jun 9, 2019, 11:57 AM

hahahahaBradEdwardshahahahahaha!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

It took him 20 minutes to say "I've swallowed the load

Jun 9, 2019, 12:07 PM

pumped out by the SEC hype machine with gusto, so my opinion is neither unbiased or well informed.".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

same guy, day after.

Jun 9, 2019, 12:39 PM

Tide 102.9
Published on Jan 9, 2019
If you're new, Subscribe! ? http://bit.ly/VOp1zO

ESPN's Brad Edwards joined The Game with Ryan Fowler to recap the Tigers victory over the Crimson Tide and the recent reports surrounding quarterback Jalen Hurts transferring.

https://youtu.be/M2rVmT85PUY

So, I am a minute in and already ready to whip his &*^...

Jun 9, 2019, 1:51 PM

First off, he is comparing what we did to Bama to what Bama has done to other teams in the championship or preliminary games. DID HE SE WHAT WE DID TO NOTRE DAME THIS YEAR,or Ohio State and Oklahoma in years past? Second,he says Clemson certainly did not have superior athletes to BAMA. Well, it sure looked to me like we did. Third, DID HE SAY THAT ONE COULD ARGUE THAT BAMA'S DEFENSE ACTUALLY MADE MORE PLAYS THAN CLEMSON? I swear I heard him say that. Of the top of my head, we had a pick six, pick return for 40, sack after sack after sack, three stops inside the 20 and two inside the 5 I think. Ok....now let me go listen to the rest of it...Thanks for posting.

Spud

Ok. Now he is comparing TL's game to other QB's who had

Jun 9, 2019, 1:59 PM

career nights against Bama...Well sirs, this was not Chad Kelley having a miracle TD pass that should have been a sack, or a fumble, or an interception, or an incompletion,but somehow turned into a TD for Ole Miss....Ok...now he is rolling, flipping the ###### to loss of talent, new coordinator, easy games against inferior competition...

Message was edited by: Spud®

more of the same... what bama didn't do and nothing

Jun 9, 2019, 3:29 PM [ in reply to same guy, day after. ]

about what Clemson did do...

and don't forget that Brad Edwards is a former coot player, so, he's batting 1.000 in bias and hate...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: more of the same... what bama didn't do and nothing

Jun 9, 2019, 5:10 PM

FYI That Brad Edwards isn't the one who played at SC. He's a Bama alum.

thanks for the correction

Jun 10, 2019, 11:40 AM

but the irony isn't lost on me how much of a homer he is... just like their feathered conference confederates...

Jun 9, 2019, 12:40 PM

Ha!! I guess he got his name right......but it was all downhilll after that. It’s like a 20 minute monument to, “How wrong can I be?”

Jun 9, 2019, 2:40 PM

Wow. He certainly didn't recognize how beat up Alabama was from playing Louisville, Arkansas State, Louisiana, Ole Miss, Missouri, Arkansas and The Citadel. He didn't also didn't realize that Alabama didn't want to be there.

ESPN should expect more from their analysts.

what did you expect from a former coot player???

Jun 9, 2019, 3:03 PM

nothing any of them have to say about Clemson ages well because they can never see or speak past their bias and hate...

all of the excuses for bama supposedly led to such a horrible night for them; yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah... and none of the sec homers can possibly get their brains to function properly; it's like an addiction, all logical reason goes away because of the perceived sec domination...

This guy ! Without a doubt the biggest sec homer out there!

Jun 9, 2019, 4:18 PM

When he comes on the radio, I change the show immediately. Bammer grad and can’t hide it. I did enjoy this tho. The possibility of what happened never entered his mind.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bottom line is..

Jun 9, 2019, 5:49 PM

Clemson had the much better performing team AND beat the living sheet out of both Bama & the SEC!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2019, 10:56 AM

Here is his comments after the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2rVmT85PUY

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic