Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Welcome To Aggieland (Again)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Welcome To Aggieland (Again)

Sep 6, 2018, 8:43 AM

Howdy Tigers!

I made a much longer post this weekend giving tips about Aggieland and your trip. I imagine many of you are headed out today, so I'll just limit it to the essentials.

IF COMING FROM HOUSTON: I just happened to notice this post on the A&M parking site. In short, if coming from Houston, avoid at all costs driving on 290 between Loop 610 and Beltway 8. In central Houston, it's easy to do this by taking I-10 to Beltway 8 then north to 290.

http://transport.tamu.edu/Parking/events/football.aspx

FRIDAY NIGHT:

Best recommendation is simply head to Northgate, an area of bars and restaurants. Remember my tip on just parking in the Northgate parking garage. It cost more (something like $10 or $20) for the night, but College Station police earn extra donuts for each parking ticket they hand out.

Definitely follow the Aggie crowd through campus to Midnight Yell at Kyle Field around 11:30 PM. Unique tradition you'll find fun to witness, even if it's meant to motivate Aggie fans.

SATURDAY:

Many of you asked about tailgating. Use this map -

http://transportmap.tamu.edu/parkingmap/tsmap.htm?map=ft

I sadly noticed in other posts some of you Tigers asking other Tigers where you can set up to be around other "firendly faces". For you Tigers that have been to games in Aggieland, back me up here.... we actually welcome opposing fans around us and don't be surprised to be invited to some Aggie tailgates. Tailgating is HUGE at A&M.

The best advice for opposing fans to tailgate is get parking in the West Campus garage (labled as P on the map). You can even prepay for it on the link above. As you drive by the grassy area next to Lot E (or in the general area wherever you like), drop you stuff off and go park in the garage. If you dont have a lot of stuff, simply carry it outside of the garage. No tailgating inside the garage... it's just stupid and against the rules :)

There is a cash lot near the Bush Library, avoiding the issue of parking in the garage while setting up your tailgate somewhere else. But it is quite far from most of the action. If it really does look like rain though, you may want to do that for ease. (The cash lot is marooon and green on the map.)

Again, if you want to skip setting up your tailgate, simply walk around the tailgates around Lot E and you're most likely to be invited to some, fed and handed some beers...

2 hours before kick, this may be a personal preference of mine. But I highly recommend it if you are a fan of pageantry and patriotic. Go to the north fan zone outside the stadium to watch the Corps of Cadets March in. It steps off the quad about an hour and a half before kick. 2,500 member Corps marches by behind the Band. And I personally like to get in my seats an hour before kick to enjoy the game day atmosphere inside Kyle Field, with the student Yells starting up and the singing of alma maters, anthem, fly overs, etc.

ESPN COLLEGE GAMEDAY: This will set up in Aggie Park (most of us still know it as Spence Park). Just ask your Aggie hosts to direct you. But on the map link above, it's the grassy area to the east of Kyle Field.

Welcome to Aggieland again, Tigers! Enjoy your stay... except on the scoreboard of course! :-D

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome To Aggieland (Again)

Sep 6, 2018, 8:50 AM

THANKS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can confirm...

Sep 6, 2018, 8:51 AM

that A&M fans are great and very welcoming to opposing fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Pics or it didn't happen***

Sep 6, 2018, 9:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Pics or it didn't happen***

Sep 6, 2018, 9:20 AM

Will post some Saturday! Already in Ft Worth visiting my cousins and driving down Sat!

My grandfather and 2 uncle's went to A&M! I pulled for A&M before I became a Clemson fan and grad.!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aggies are good people***

Sep 6, 2018, 9:18 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Thank you! We are flying from Charlotte to Houston......

Sep 6, 2018, 9:28 AM

tomorrow morning along with my sister and Aggie brother in law (he was a 1970s Nuclear engineering major. We greatly appreciate the tips and want to throw out an offer to you when Texas A&M comes to Clemson next year. You are welcome to tailgate with us. We are in lot 2, spaces 106 and 107 on the grass intramural field behind the visitor (north stands). Ken and Donna.

Sep 6, 2018, 10:12 AM

Question...is it true that there are no hot girls at A&M?

Sep 6, 2018, 11:36 AM

Ha! Nice cast, but I see no bites as yet. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2018, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome To Aggieland (Again) ]

It is true... we have hot women.

Pics or it’s not real

Sep 6, 2018, 11:57 PM

;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pics or it’s not real

Sep 6, 2018, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome To Aggieland (Again) ]

;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2018, 10:39 AM

A couple more suggestions to those going to the game based on the latest fan feedback from our game last week.

First, make sure you eat before the game, whether tailgating or in a restaurant. The food quality and service inside the stadium is mostly AWFUL due to a terrible contract with a crappy single source vendor (Levy). This was supposedly addressed with the vendor prior to the season but apparently, it is as bad or worse than ever. To top that off, the only vendors that had provided decent food that folks actually enjoyed (Double Dave's Pizza and Chick Fil A) are no longer there.

Secondly, you would be well advised to take earplugs with you. They are still tinkering with the sound system since the $500 million upgrade and the sound level and quality still varies pretty wildly depending on location. The powers that be decided to amplify the Aggie band as some folks in some sections had reported they could not hear it. The problem is it is WAY TOO LOUD in some sections to the point where folks sitting beside each other cannot carry on a conversation and are concerned with possible hearing damage. Seriously!

C2Ag93 - nice to "see" you again Steve (from another Steve). I remember you well from the 12thFan.com days. I was HumbleAg on there (still am on TexAgs).

Sep 6, 2018, 9:53 PM

Haha hey Steve... man, blast from the past!

I’m staying at the Embassy Suites on the edge of

Sep 6, 2018, 10:47 AM

campus. Was planning on a nice walk to the stadium through campus, but with the possible rain that may be out of the question.

Is Uber a possibility to get closer to the stadium? Any shuttles from that area? Maybe I should get a parking pass to be closer? Any thoughts from anyone that’s been there before?

Re: I’m staying at the Embassy Suites on the edge of

Sep 6, 2018, 8:25 PM

I suppose this answer depends on your personal mobility, ability to walk. If you're able, honestly, if the hotel is literally across the street from campus, it will be better to walk. Uber will likely just get caught in the same game day traffic. Yes, an alternative is to buy parking in the West Campus Garage. http://transportmap.tamu.edu/parkingmap/tsmap.htm?map=ft

Click on the P garage and you'll see the link to pay for parking.

I'll be honest, the only thing I don't like about ATM is

Sep 6, 2018, 10:57 AM

that y'all are granted an unfair competitive advantage by the NCAA in your home games by being allowed to play with a 12th man. Just isn't fair when the rest of us have to play with 11. ;)

Re: I'll be honest, the only thing I don't like about ATM is

Sep 6, 2018, 8:01 PM

Ha ha! We could use an extra man on the field Saturday.

Sep 6, 2018, 11:17 PM

I’m staying at a friends house in Marimont. Is that a nice place? It looks nice anyway.

Sep 6, 2018, 11:48 PM

Marimont is pretty legit. Not to far from Campus and University drive(lots of food)

Sep 6, 2018, 11:49 PM

Just saw where all the 290 closures have been canceled for the weekend. Might want to double check that but I got it from Texags so should be good.

Sep 7, 2018, 8:35 AM

Yea, I don't see the notice on the A&M traffic site anymore. But I don't trust the Zoo either... lol

Here's something a little more official... https://traffic.houstontranstar.org/us290/

I'm still planning to avoid that section of 290 by going down I-10 to Beltway 8. Will only tack on 5-10 mins to the drive.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic