Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We were done when Tony caught the Covid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

We were done when Tony caught the Covid

Jan 2, 2021, 9:38 AM

After the first few pre scripted drives Ohio State DC made adjustments and that was it. Coch Elliott damm sure would have gotten Amari Rodgers and EJ going. Lynn J was running hard and they sent him to the bench.

The defense obviously didn't come to play which turned the game into an shoot out and all we had was a knife.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 100%***

Jan 2, 2021, 9:49 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We were done when Tony caught the Covid

Jan 2, 2021, 10:01 AM

Agree. Street and Dabo had no clue how to adjust.Deer lost in the headlights.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep...

Jan 2, 2021, 10:35 AM

After it was 14-14, my wife said that now we will get to see if Dabo and Streeter can make adjustments. They obviously couldn’t. Hopefully TE catching Covid was something unavoidable and not carelessness on his part...just too much at stake.

On defense, we finally played a team good enough to expose our MANY weaknesses. BV did the best with what he had available, but when his son is getting significant playing time in a national semi final, you know you are in trouble.

Like 2012, I think this is an important period where we need to some needed changes...better oline coaching/recruiting/development and better LB/DB/safety recruiting and development). We also need to stop with the nepotism and use those valuable scholarships on players befitting a national title contender.

Not sure at this point why....

Jan 2, 2021, 11:13 AM

Anyone would even remotely speculate that TE or anyone else was potentially being ‘careless’ in regards to Covid.
That stuff is everywhere. It’s a miracle Clemson didn’t have more issues with it during the season. Maybe because so many got it back in the summer.
But that stuff will find you whether you want it to or not.

I get your point and don’t disagree

Jan 2, 2021, 12:11 PM

It’s getting harder to avoid...but there are surely strategies that reduce your odds of getting it. But probably unfair of me to assume TE WAS careless.

Tony couldn't have done any more than Coach Street did. Our

Jan 2, 2021, 10:46 AM

offensive line started getting run over about the middle of the first quarter, and it never let up. Trevor barely had time to get off screen passes, much less wait for something else to develop.

Just like every game, this one was won, and lost, in the trenches. OSU dominated both sides of the ball. And, I don't want to hear any whiney beyotching about holding calls and the like. If OSU guys are smart enough to figure out the refs aren't going to call holding, our guys should be smart enough to figure it out too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We were done when Tony caught the Covid

Jan 2, 2021, 12:02 PM

We were done when Skalski got tossed for making a good football play.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic