Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here for the Judge Keller...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Here for the Judge Keller...

Jan 16, 2021, 7:54 PM

“it was a bad matchup” post.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like we need to hit up the Transfer Portal some more

Jan 16, 2021, 8:00 PM

I hear that thing is awesome and all the great coaches use it.

And all you TigerNet fans that post against using it suck balls. Or so I’ve been told.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Looks like we need to hit up the Transfer Portal some more

Jan 16, 2021, 11:00 PM

??

Re: Here for the Judge Keller...

Jan 16, 2021, 8:03 PM

Covid excuse probably!

We still won’t finish over .500 in acc! He can’t deal with being ranked always chokes

So you’re going on record now to say that we won’t finish

Jan 16, 2021, 8:38 PM

above .500 in the ACC this year?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: So you’re going on record now to say that we won’t finish

Jan 17, 2021, 1:25 AM

Is that the standard? I admit that a .500 ACC record would be good for Brownell. He has a sub .500 record on his career. But I expect more. If you're settling for .500 and not demanding championships, you shouldn't even field a team.

Re: So you’re going on record now to say that we won’t finish

Jan 18, 2021, 9:03 AM [ in reply to So you’re going on record now to say that we won’t finish ]

If we make up the 2 postponed games, I'll throw out a prediction of 16-10, 10-10 in conference. If we don't make up those 2 away games, we might finish slightly above .500 in conference. NIT bound again. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

who is he? There are a lot of players out there.***

Jan 16, 2021, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Here for the Judge Keller... ]

Attendance was absolutely awful. That’s why we lost so bad.

Jan 16, 2021, 8:10 PM

Thanks “fans”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Attendance was absolutely awful. That’s why we lost so bad.

Jan 16, 2021, 8:34 PM

Attendance did not look too bad to me. I was disappointed in the cheerleaders. I know they are limited but, could still organize something for the crowd. Tiger Band rocked as usual. I was shocked to see the game plan was to rely on the three point shot. Too few attempts to go inside.

I doubt there was more than 2,000 people there!

Jan 16, 2021, 8:36 PM

Absolutely pitiful!

Where is the support for this team?

Attendance had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Jan 16, 2021, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Attendance was absolutely awful. That’s why we lost so bad. ]

Our mediocre fans have a good excuse this year not to show up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Attendance had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Jan 16, 2021, 10:40 PM

I consider a mediocre fan to be a fan that supports mediocre coaches. (This means you.)

So you’re a super fan because you don’t support a coach?

Jan 16, 2021, 11:02 PM

Is that how this works?

Re: So you’re a super fan because you don’t support a coach?

Jan 16, 2021, 11:21 PM

Blindly supporting a mediocre coach doesn’t make you a great fan. Just a big supporter of mediocrity.

I don’t think Brownell is a mediocre coach

Jan 16, 2021, 11:25 PM

nor do I blindly support him.

I think he’s a very good coach, and I support him because I believe he has done a good job as our coach.

He’s been our coach for 11 years, so obviously I’m not the only Clemson man who supports him.

Sorry man but...

Jan 17, 2021, 8:11 PM

His record says otherwise. He's got a 57% winning percentage at Clemson and a sub .500 overall against the weakest ACC in history. 2 trips to the NCAA in 10 years. He averages an 8th place finish in the ACC the last 10 years. How can you define that as anything other than mediocre? Unless you want to just call it bad...

You are no Clemson Man. Clemson men don't settle for crap like the above. You may have went to Clemson but talking trash about Dabo and our football program and settling for average isn't the mark of a "Clemson Man."

Re: Sorry man but...

Jan 17, 2021, 11:43 PM

I guess I didn't say you couldn't be a Clemson lady...***

Jan 17, 2021, 11:48 PM

Re: I don’t think Brownell is a mediocre coach

Jan 17, 2021, 8:22 PM [ in reply to I don’t think Brownell is a mediocre coach ]

Agree with Judge. Brownell is excellent coach. Average recruiting but seems to be better last few years.

Re: So you’re a super fan because you don’t support a coach?

Jan 17, 2021, 2:40 AM [ in reply to Re: So you’re a super fan because you don’t support a coach? ]

I think that Coach Brownell has done a mediocre job in the past, but think that he has put together a good team this year. I don't care if he has learned over time, he finally has the facilities, or he just got lucky. We are pretty good and I think that we have the young players that will keep Clemson in the top half of the ACC for a year or two. Do I want more? Yes. Should I expect more? No.

I also think this team has the potential to be very good and that last night's game is not indicative of their talent. I don't think that it should have taken 11 years to get to this point, but I don't care at this point. Personally, I am happy with where we are at and will reserve my complaints for when I think that they are warranted. Right now, I am going to hope to see this team reach heights not seen by a Clemson basketball program and I don't think that is a pipe dream.

We lost to a better team. Nothing else to say.

Jan 16, 2021, 8:37 PM

The layoff certainly hurt us, but doesn’t explain how badly they beat us.

We will learn from it and get better.

Now go back to flipping through your collection of Clemson football media guides and footballs signed by Dabo and Danny.

Re: We lost to a better team. Nothing else to say.

Jan 16, 2021, 8:42 PM

So angry!

Jan 16, 2021, 8:51 PM [ in reply to We lost to a better team. Nothing else to say. ]

Here’s the deal: Teams that teach and learn strong man-to-man principles will win. At a 60-70% rate. In that system, you have to beg good offensively good players to join your program. You get maybe one in ten. UVa in in 2019 is the exception. Under current regimes, CU, Purdue, and FSU will always make noise, but fail on the big stage.

Jan 16, 2021, 11:04 PM [ in reply to We lost to a better team. Nothing else to say. ]

I didn’t watch but sounds much worse than the most recent Sugar Bowl!

It was bad.

Jan 16, 2021, 11:13 PM

Don’t watch. Save yourself the agony.

Jan 17, 2021, 1:57 AM [ in reply to We lost to a better team. Nothing else to say. ]

Man do I feel strange saying this to the most optimistic fan in the history of Clemson basketball. I'm not sure that we lost to a better team. They were tonight but we got knocked down early and never got off the mat.

I also don't think there is anything to learn from this game. To me, this is the kind of game that you burn the tape, and forget that it happened. We don't need to get better from this game. We are better than this game and just need to move on.

Are you trying to say it was a GOOD matchup? I'd love to

Jan 16, 2021, 8:42 PM

hear your case.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you trying to say it was a GOOD matchup? I'd love to

Jan 16, 2021, 8:57 PM

My case is that “matchup” excuses are for losers. Do you pay a head coach at a Power 5 school in football or basketball based on what their expected results are on “good matchups”? Shut the front door! You game-plan against each opponent.

So was it a good matchup or a bad matchup?***

Jan 16, 2021, 9:06 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who would TD this?***

Jan 16, 2021, 9:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who would TD this?***

Jan 16, 2021, 10:04 PM

Good fortunes to you balm. May the God’s favor you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you***

Jan 16, 2021, 10:11 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here for the Judge Keller...

Jan 16, 2021, 10:47 PM

It’s one game. We have a good basketball team team this year.

But....every game is one game.***

Jan 17, 2021, 6:33 AM

Tigernet only talks about Basketball when they lose.***

Jan 18, 2021, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Here for the Judge Keller... ]

The bad matchup was the ball vs the size of the rim

Jan 17, 2021, 6:53 AM

to the basketball. Bad, bad shooting night. 40% from the floor, 21% from 3. UVA shot 60%. Not many, if any will beat a UVA team shooting that well. They average nearly 10 percentage points better from the field and behind the arc than we do. If we both play to our average output, they are still a better shooting team and we struggle to beat them.

Message was edited by: 1portroyalty®

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic