Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We just can’t hit against good pitching
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

We just can’t hit against good pitching

Apr 2, 2019, 7:42 PM

This is pathetic

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We just can’t hit against good pitching

Apr 2, 2019, 7:43 PM

This Elliot kid is really good.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Imagine their weekend pitchers***

Apr 3, 2019, 6:51 AM

Re: Imagine their weekend pitchers***

Apr 3, 2019, 7:19 AM

He was.

Apr 2, 2019, 7:45 PM

Yeah we just don't seem to change our approach when struggling. Don't know why the Tigers keep trying to hit homeruns 3 times every at bat, and not even getting close. That isn't how you beat good pitching

Apr 2, 2019, 7:47 PM

please inform us what our kids should be doing. i can not wait.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2019, 7:49 PM

Basically told you. Change the approach into not swinging for the fences every swing.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2019, 7:51 PM

or maybe it could be that we are batting against a guy that throws 95 and has given up 13 hits in 33 innings.

Apr 2, 2019, 7:53 PM

No. It’s clear we are swinging out of our shoes. Byrd fell down like he did earlier this year BEFORE he got red hot and up to .330 while not falling down

Apr 2, 2019, 7:56 PM

dude he did that many times over the weekend when he earned acc player of the week honors. that is his swing sometimes. but man i am sure there are such keen observers of the game in here. cant believe a lot of you goobers aint out teaching kids the game instead of watching this sorry bunch.

Apr 2, 2019, 8:03 PM

Not going to argue with you. Byrd stayed on that one good but right to the shift. Shucks!!!

Apr 2, 2019, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: We just can’t hit against good pitching ]

If you read his post it’s pretty clear. We
Shouldn’t be swinging for the fences all the time. Go with the pitch, hit singles and doubles like last weekend. We’ve gotten away from what has made us dangerous lately and gone back to our swinging for the fence aka our Achilles heel. We still have 3 at bats though. Gotta keep it a 3 run game here.

Apr 2, 2019, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: We just can’t hit against good pitching ]

Just bunt for a base hit whit runner at 1st and 3rd. Hoe about that. Dang

Apr 2, 2019, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: We just can’t hit against good pitching ]

Everybody got on to jack about small ball. Well you got your wish. Slow pitch softball don’t work

Apr 2, 2019, 7:46 PM

How many starters do you know throwing 95 heading into the 7th? I would have to go to the MLB to find them and that's still a tall order, Elliot is a fantastic pitcher not just "good"

Apr 2, 2019, 7:55 PM

He is a great pitcher. And if you want to go anywhere in the regionals/supers/Omaha you must beat really, really good pitchers every game. Home runs almost never consistently beat teams like this in my experience. I think just trying to get the bat on the ball, hit a single to the opposite field, anything to change the situation and put a bit of pressure on the pitcher is key. This guy is loving it because it is much easier to beat a homerun swing than a solid contact swing. Not like my opinion matters, just what I think when watching.

Apr 2, 2019, 8:00 PM

Great pitchers make adjustments back through all my time playing sometimes when it's a pitchers day there's really just nothing you can do until they beat themselves.

Apr 2, 2019, 8:05 PM

"There's just nothing you can do" yeah that's a great attitude. These guys should just hang it up now since there's no way they could adjust and hit this pitcher apparently huh?

Apr 2, 2019, 8:08 PM

Sometimes a pitcher just has it ...Tonight Elliot does....He’s mixing his pitches up well and keeping our hitters off balance...He’s hitting his spots really well.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Apr 2, 2019, 8:09 PM

jsebe10®

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 8:08 PM

Sometimes a pitcher just has it ...Tonight Elliot does....He’s mixing his pitches up well and keeping our hitters off balance...He’s hitting his spots really well.

ding ding ding we have a winner

Apr 2, 2019, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: We just can’t hit against good pitching ]

Show's you've never played baseball. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing in sports to do. Now try to do when when there's a 20 mph velocity range and he's pinpointing where he puts it while every pitch coming at that velocity is breaking 6 inches one way or another. Yes some nights pitchers have it and there's nothing you can do look at the majors even when Verlander, Kershaw, Bum, Arrieta and many other aces are on their game even professional hitters look bad. It's baseball.

Apr 2, 2019, 8:37 PM

We have an excellent lineup. Tonight pitching is just on point.

Apr 2, 2019, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: We just can’t hit against good pitching ]

So your great idea is just to keep swinging for the fences and basically just accept that a midweek pitcher is going to dominate you for the entire game? You should be a coach. And you can definitely beat a great pitcher that is throwing a great game, quit acting like it is impossible. Just can't do it without anybody on base. Hopefully this is the best pitcher we see this year, or else we are really screwed according to you.

Apr 2, 2019, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: We just can’t hit against good pitching ]

Bull s hit he’s midweek. Come on

Apr 3, 2019, 7:12 AM

Lol. He’s been their midweek starter literally ALL the year.

Apr 2, 2019, 8:02 PM

Was really hoping we were finally going to get a lead off man on. :(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2019, 8:03 PM

guess byrd should have swung for the fences there

Apr 2, 2019, 8:15 PM

I couldn’t turn the game on until the 5th which that inning every batter swung for the fences and delivered a decent result. Since that inning I’ve thought we have had a pretty good approach with especially Byrd trying to go opposite field and barely missed.

Reality is the Georgia kid is throwing a good game and a top 10 Georgia team isn’t hitting the ball over our pitching. We are pitching very good too... just a good game. Maybe we chase the Elliot kid or he makes a mistake but it’s a close game between 2 very good teams.

Apr 2, 2019, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: We just can’t hit against good pitching ]

Rally hats.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2019, 8:19 PM

Finally ran the starter... let’s see what happens. I don’t like Teo at the plate here though. I can’t recall seeing a batter whose OBP is only .050 points higher than is BA. This might be a legit swing for the fences type of AB.

Apr 2, 2019, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: We just can’t hit against good pitching ]

No way. He did an excellent job of going with the pitch. They only had one guy over there and he hit it right to him. Unfortunate but high %

Apr 2, 2019, 8:56 PM

most people can't...that's why they are "good pitchers". Idiot.

Apr 3, 2019, 7:25 AM

So when we hit well it's bad pitching and when we don't it's good pitching ?
We'll need to get this information to Monte Lee so that he can make the totally necessary adjustments .

DB23

Apr 3, 2019, 7:28 AM

lol 23. so true. we have goobers on our site that know more baseball than abner doubleday.

Apr 3, 2019, 9:38 AM

Not my saying, but it's an old and very true saying - "Pitching beats hitting". It is what is is.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic