Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lytle talks about Badger commitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Lytle talks about Badger commitment

Aug 5, 2018, 10:28 AM

https://247sports.com/Article/Spencer-Lytle-talks-commitment-to-Wisconsin-Badgers-120392237/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lytle talks about Badger commitment

Aug 5, 2018, 10:42 AM

Enjoy all that cheese and cold weather

Aug 5, 2018, 12:07 PM

Wow. That hurts comparing Wisconsin with Clemson. Two of the top programs? We wish him well

Aug 5, 2018, 12:23 PM

Yeah, tell me about it. No comparison in fb or coaches or teammates he play with...

Probably had a lot of pressure- rose bowl affect is what I’d call it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can’t compare Wisconsin to Clemson

Aug 5, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Lytle talks about Badger commitment ]

Clemson is better in every facet of the game of football and campus life. But you have fun in business school. Oh...by the way, as someone who hires and develops new team members at my company, when businesses hire kids from college they don’t give a #### what the school was ranked...it’s about the person. Best of luck to your business career!

With business schools, I'd actually assume it's all about the alumni base***

Aug 6, 2018, 8:11 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whisky couldn’t even beat Ohio State, sheesh.***

Aug 5, 2018, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Lytle talks about Badger commitment ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

We have our limits. No matter our great traditions...

Aug 5, 2018, 12:36 PM

Some things we just can't overcome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have our limits. No matter our great traditions...

Aug 5, 2018, 12:41 PM

Can’t overcome the LB recruits we have gotten over the last few weeks either. Kinda makes me think he is scared of competition and having to bust your ### for a starting spot. Like others have said there is no comparing Wisconsin to Clemson right now. Yeah they might have a richer history but Clemson is making history right here and now. Good luck to him though. He made the best choice for himself.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 1:00 PM

You're viewing this situation thru orange-colored glasses.

It was the beer-battered cheese curds that did us in with this guy. I have a friend who's 3rd cousin's mother's housekeeper's daughter's boyfriend confirmed as much.

We just have to move on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 1:25 PM [ in reply to We have our limits. No matter our great traditions... ]

The student population at UW-Madison that hails from California is surprisingly high, possibly even in the top five of states where their students come from. I am not sure what to chalk up that strong CA connection to, but it might have swayed Lytle’s decision as well.

Also, as someone who taught in the business school at UW-Madison for six years (and now teaches in Clemson’s), I can attest to its high quality. There is a strong student identification and pride that the students there have with the b-school, which Clemson has traditionally lacked. However, Clemson is going to make huge strides with that facet in coming years with the new b-school being built.

Man makes a great point

Aug 5, 2018, 2:00 PM [ in reply to We have our limits. No matter our great traditions... ]

Also believe geography and leagues were a factor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No need to bash the kid not sure there was an spot open for him here***

Aug 5, 2018, 1:22 PM

Re: No need to bash the kid not sure there was an spot open for him here***

Aug 5, 2018, 1:54 PM

No need to bash him even if there were a spot open for him. It is a tough thing to pick a place to attend for a kid, so many people pulling in different directions. I wish him well on the Field and Academically and hope his choice works out well for him in all aspects. Plus it is not like he picked uSUC now is it?

Aug 5, 2018, 5:08 PM

Maybe the young man just likes cheese. I sure hope somebody gave him some Clemson bleu cheese while he was on campus.

;)

As far as business schools go, I know Wisconsin has an excellent business school, but I think Clemson has an excellent business school as well. As a graduate of the business school, I think I got a top notch education. In my many years in professional practice, I have witnessed Clemson business graduates holding their own with all the highest rated programs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s why many people call it

Aug 5, 2018, 5:32 PM

The Harvard of the South. Or is it Harvard that is the Clemson of the Northeast? Always get them confused.

No problem with a kid

Aug 5, 2018, 7:39 PM

That handled recruiting the right way, kept his mouth shut, and made the best decision for himself. If we only recruit quality kids, then he must be one. Good luck to him.

....wisCansin ???

Aug 6, 2018, 8:07 AM

Really ?

LOL

Who?***

Aug 6, 2018, 10:12 AM

Aug 6, 2018, 10:31 AM

I think Wisconsin would have made the playoffs last year instead of Alabama if they had beaten Ohio State in their championship game .

Aug 20, 2018, 12:44 PM

there a good team and madison is a solid campus, we all make choices, no big deal

not like going to OSU or USC, Jr

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic