Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Fire Jack crowd, is the absolute worst representation of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 77
| visibility 1

The Fire Jack crowd, is the absolute worst representation of

Apr 27, 2014, 5:15 PM

Clemson fans. It's completely understandable to not like the way the season has gone. It's understandable that many feel Leggett's time has passed him. What isn't understandable is the vitriol spewed towards Leggett, after being a great coach for Clemson for so many years. He has ran Clemson's baseball program with complete integrity and never has had any NCAA violation problems during his tenure, unlike a former coot baseball coach. He has won a ton of games and took Clemson to 6 college world series. If the game has past him then so be it, but he deserves the respect of every single Clemson fan.

Sorry, but contrary to the claims of the Fire Jack crowd, the baseball program hasn't fell off anywhere close to where a forced change needs to be made. Also, Fire Jackers, this is college baseball, not football or basketball. You can't afford to make knee jerk firings, because if you do you won't get a good coach. We definitely wouldn't get Corbin, the preferred choice of Fire Jackers, who was mentored by Leggett. Also, contrary to the Fire Jackers who think college baseball is huge because their coot buddies tell them it is, college baseball is not a major college sport. Women's college basketball is more popular than college baseball. There are only two major college sports: Football and Men's Basketball.

Sorry, Fire Jackers, no matter how much you whine college baseball doesn't operate in the same manner as Football or Men's Basketball. Knee jerk firings do not happen in college baseball.

In summary, the only thing Fire Jackers are accomplishing is disrespecting a great Clemson coach, and putting unneeded pressure and negativity on the players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Fire Jack crowd, is the absolute worst representation of

Apr 27, 2014, 5:17 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Complete blind ignorance 79. Show me his trophy case***

Apr 27, 2014, 5:20 PM

Re: Complete blind ignorance 79. Show me his trophy case***

Apr 27, 2014, 5:28 PM

Agree with TigerKing. The hate towards Jack is an embarrassment. It reminds me of those who hated Ken Hatfield and embarrassed themselves and the school. If you think a coaching change is in order, that is one thing. The hate is quite another.

Hatfield deserved everything he got

Apr 28, 2014, 2:54 PM

he single-handedly destroyed what Coach Ford built.

How many national titles did Bill Wilhelm win? How many...

Apr 27, 2014, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Complete blind ignorance 79. Show me his trophy case*** ]

national titles has Clemson baseball won? Same answer for both questions, zero. And don't bring up conference championships, they are meaningless in a sport with a playoff system. 6 CWS appearances, those mean more than conference championships. Go ask the Buffalo Bills how much 4 straight American Football Conference championships mean. Not as rewarding since they lost 4 straight Super Bowls.

You are a lover of mediocrity. Put him out to pasture. DONE***

Apr 27, 2014, 5:34 PM

Wrong. You still are missing the point....

Apr 27, 2014, 5:38 PM

We haven't fell off to the point where a forced change needs to be made. I concede the fact that Leggett is near the end. My point is the hatred towards him is unfounded and down right pathetic.

I blame the man for the coots 2 nat'l championships which

Apr 27, 2014, 5:47 PM

has led to their entire athletic program improving and the rivalry being in the shape it is in today. During both championships, his teams had the opportunity to eliminate them and they couldn't because they were bound so tight, just like him, and couldn't function. Their loser mentality changed after that.

Oh, so your hatred of him stems from the coots...

Apr 27, 2014, 5:49 PM

which is really the only reason the Fire Jackers hate him so much. Get over it SCU has always had a quality baseball program, unlike other sports.

Re: Oh, so your hatred of him stems from the coots...

Apr 27, 2014, 6:08 PM

That is a big part but we now lose to the Liberty's and Westerns of the world more than we beat them so coots are the least of our worries now. We have fallen way below that level.

Liberty has a good baseball team. Again your conflating...

Apr 27, 2014, 6:16 PM

college football with college baseball. Pepperdine has always had a good baseball program, have you ever heard about their football team? The same teams good in football aren't the same teams good in college baseball.

I have tried to be nice but you're a blooming idiot. Sorry!***

Apr 27, 2014, 6:54 PM

Irony alert***

Apr 28, 2014, 9:04 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excuses don't change ones love for the winner & scorn for

Apr 27, 2014, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Liberty has a good baseball team. Again your conflating... ]

the loser. Leggett has become a loser. It happens unfortunately.

Re: Excuses don't change ones love for the winner & scorn for

Apr 28, 2014, 12:09 PM

so what makes you think if we fire Leggett and hire a new coach that new coach will make us become winners?

knee jerk. we haven't won a series against the coots in 10yr***

Apr 27, 2014, 7:22 PM [ in reply to I blame the man for the coots 2 nat'l championships which ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, Wilhelm coached under different circumstances

Apr 27, 2014, 6:47 PM [ in reply to How many national titles did Bill Wilhelm win? How many... ]

than Jackleg does. He had far less money to operate under and no where near the support, How can you put Jackleg in the same class.

That's a loser attitude and you can get coaches after a fire***

Apr 27, 2014, 5:23 PM

Not a quality coach in a sport like college baseball...

Apr 27, 2014, 5:33 PM

you are completely delusional if you think a good coach would take the job if a coach as respected as Leggett was forced out, under the current circumstances.

Re: Not a quality coach in a sport like college baseball...

Apr 27, 2014, 5:40 PM

Keep him forever-nobody would ever replace him? Really

Never said keep him forever. Pointing out the fact....

Apr 27, 2014, 5:47 PM

that if Leggett was forced out the way you want him to be, a good coach would not consider us.

That was your same argument for TB/OP. You were wrong then.***

Apr 27, 2014, 6:00 PM

I was convinced after Tommy Bowden's 4th season that...

Apr 27, 2014, 6:06 PM

he would never take us to the next level. I made numerous posts stating this on Tnet, that it was time for him to go for years before Clemson finally decided to move on from Bowden. I know you can't possibly be comparing Oliver Purnell to Bowden. Purnell lead our basketball program out of the wilderness.

Terrible to compare Bowden and Leggett. Leggett did a billion times better job than Bowden.

TB is a favorable comparison, close but not quite results.

Apr 27, 2014, 6:46 PM

Did you forget where our football program was when TB came in? It was as bad as our basketball program. Leggett took over a strong loaded baseball program in a weak conference and has 1 championship in 19 years. Sometimes you roll the dice and hope you come up big. Good is the enemy of great and Jack is only good. He won't ever be better than good so let him go out on top.

Re: I was convinced after Tommy Bowden's 4th season that...

Apr 28, 2014, 12:14 PM [ in reply to I was convinced after Tommy Bowden's 4th season that... ]

Thank you for this. I still don't understand how anyone thinks that the job Leggett has done is remotely comparable to the job Bowden did.

Re: BS.we would have them waiting in line.***

Apr 27, 2014, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Not a quality coach in a sport like college baseball... ]

Apr 27, 2014, 5:24 PM

Totally agree with you in regards to Leggett. I really think his biggest problem, is his arch rival is one of the top programs in the country. And that is how he is judged. You are wrong about Tanner and a very bad comparison for Jack. Also, baseball is a major sport for about 15-20 schools and Clemson is one of them. It is hands down the most successful sport in Clemson Athletics history.

Tanner got where he is by the consistent falling

Apr 27, 2014, 7:26 PM

below expectations of our program, he should have been fired before it got to this point. Why is it that his assistants leave & do better than us

i willnever pull for us to lose,but i am tired of mediocrity

Apr 27, 2014, 5:25 PM

we are a better baseball program than what we are putting on the field in recent years. this is no "knee jerk reaction", and it is not just this year,nor last, or the year before that ,or the year before that. get the picture ? i am not a "fire all our coaches" type of person, i just feel we have a top-10 type baseball program, and we just are not showing anything close to that. i hate that i feel this way, but i just know we can , and should do better.

Re: i willnever pull for us to lose,but i am tired of mediocrity

Apr 27, 2014, 5:28 PM

I believe he was referring to June Raines and not Tanner but I may be wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tanner too. They had a booster giving illegal extra...

Apr 27, 2014, 5:40 PM

benefits to players, within the past 5 to 7 years.

Re: Tanner too. They had a booster giving illegal extra...

Apr 27, 2014, 5:45 PM

Wrong...They let two players play golf at a member rate. Tanner had nothing to do with it. Again a very bad comparison for Jack.

Understand things go in cycles. We were an elite baseball..

Apr 27, 2014, 5:36 PM [ in reply to i willnever pull for us to lose,but i am tired of mediocrity ]

program for the past 50 years. We are in a mini down cycle. At some point there is going to be some type of down period. You can't possibly believe we are going to be an elite baseball team every year of your life.

Re: Understand things go in cycles. We were an elite baseball..

Apr 27, 2014, 5:39 PM

So he can not have anything negative said about him or held accountable-sure wish FSU had done that with Bobby Bowden

Bobby Bowden was a football coach not a baseball coach....

Apr 27, 2014, 5:41 PM

did you not read the part in the OP that stated college baseball is nothing like Football or Men's Basketball. Knee jerk firings do not happen in college baseball.

Re: Bobby Bowden was a football coach not a baseball coach....

Apr 27, 2014, 5:42 PM

This would NOT be knee jerk-the program has been in a steady decline for many years.

No it has not, we were in the CWS 3 years ago, the playoffs

Apr 27, 2014, 5:46 PM

last season. A steady decline would be repeated miss trips to the playoffs. You are completely clueless to how well respected Leggett is in the world of college baseball. Force him out in your manner and quality coaches would avoid Clemson like the plague,

Re: No it has not, we were in the CWS 3 years ago, the playoffs

We made the CWS in 2010 on a fortunate run-keep supporting him, under your view no one ever changes coaches.

You have a reading comprehension issue...

Apr 27, 2014, 6:13 PM

I'm talking about the manner in which you want to force Leggett out. I already conceded the fact he is near the end. My point is your hatred and vitriol towards him. And your complete lack of understanding of the way coaches are hired and fired in college baseball. College baseball is not Football or Men's Basketball. Knee jerk firings do not happen in college baseball.

We were not in the CWS three years ago

Apr 27, 2014, 6:02 PM [ in reply to No it has not, we were in the CWS 3 years ago, the playoffs ]

Three years ago, the 2011 season, we got eliminated in a home regional by UConn.

one year off, still have been post season the past...

Apr 27, 2014, 6:10 PM

3 years, and were in the CWS in 2010. That's not a sharp drop off.

If we fail to get to Omaha this year

Apr 27, 2014, 6:25 PM

it will be the first four year class that failed to make a trip to Omaha. That is trending down.

The way we are playing right now we have zero chance of playing in the postseason at home. Statistics show that teams who are playing on the road in the baseball playoffs struggle to advance. At this point in the season we are probably fighting to get a two seed instead of ending up a three seed. That is trending down.

The fact that we have people who believe that making a regional is an accomplishment for our baseball program is a sign things are trending downward. When you make at least a regional 26 out of 27 years that shouldn't be a goal, the goal should be to contend for championships. Portions of our fanbase who are content with just making a regional is a sign of things trending down.

You do realize that we have never won a national title in...

Apr 27, 2014, 6:28 PM

baseball. You act as if we have multiple national titles.

Whee did I state winning a national title was required?

Apr 27, 2014, 6:34 PM

I clearly stated "contend for championships" That means making Omaha should be the expectation, not an annual regional trip.

The only person in this exchange who mentioned winning a national championship was you.

Re: Don't let facts get in the way of an argument.***

Apr 27, 2014, 6:57 PM [ in reply to We were not in the CWS three years ago ]

Re: No it has not, we were in the CWS 3 years ago, the playoffs

Apr 28, 2014, 6:14 AM [ in reply to No it has not, we were in the CWS 3 years ago, the playoffs ]

Now that there is just total BS. Any good coach will take a good job at a good school even if he would be replacing his brother. Don't ever forget the #1 rule in sports, its about winning. And the winning creates a dog eat dog mentality. Father against son, and brother against brother, that is sports on a daily basis. If Sully or Corbin was unhappy where their at, both of them would take Jack's seat in an instant. The plague you speak about, is they would gobble Jack's position up in a heart beat plague.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bobby Bowden was a football coach not a baseball coach....

Apr 27, 2014, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Bobby Bowden was a football coach not a baseball coach.... ]

One championship in NINETEEN years is not knee jerk

null

We have never won a national title in baseball under any...

Apr 27, 2014, 6:29 PM

coach.

Re: We have never won a national title in baseball under any...

Apr 27, 2014, 6:31 PM

So why should we strive to win one now? Makes sense to me.

Re: We have never won a national title in baseball under any...

Apr 27, 2014, 6:53 PM [ in reply to We have never won a national title in baseball under any... ]

Who the #### mentioned National Title? Hell we arent even winning Conference crowns under jack except for once in a blue moon.

null

Apr 27, 2014, 5:29 PM

A complete dumb post-Keep up your blind loyalty but in any sport winning is important-something that has passed this man by.

There is no blind loyalty. I admit that Leggett is near the

Apr 27, 2014, 5:43 PM

end. What I'm criticizing is the vitriol and hatred towards a great Clemson coach. Yes his time is close to over, but the hatred towards him is down right pathetic.

Re: There is no blind loyalty. I admit that Leggett is near the

Apr 27, 2014, 5:58 PM

No hatred, just want accountability

Then you should understand how things work in...

college baseball and that forcing Leggett out now would just be as harmful if he coached another ten years.

Re: Then you should understand how things work in...

Apr 27, 2014, 6:03 PM

Wow-forcing him out is as bad as keeping him 10 more years-Does he get to stay until he dies??? Wow

Major reading comprehension issues for you...

Apr 27, 2014, 6:18 PM

I didn't state anything about him coaching forever. So quit putting words in my mouth that I did not state. But then again you can't reason with a person filled with hate.

Re: Major reading comprehension issues for you...

Apr 27, 2014, 6:37 PM

Keep saying I "hate" does not make it so, are you now going to start saying I am a "racist" to get even stronger? I have stated that standards are necesary for the program and Jack is not meeting them. If you want to keep saying I hate him (which is false) then I guess you "love" him.

Re: That is all that most fans want.***

Apr 27, 2014, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: There is no blind loyalty. I admit that Leggett is near the ]

I don't want him fired I want him to do the honorable thing

Apr 27, 2014, 5:32 PM

And RESIGN

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:If he is so good then I hope someone comes calling. That

Apr 27, 2014, 7:00 PM

crazy AD would probably make a counter offer.

Great post***

Apr 27, 2014, 5:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol lol...let's accept losing...who needs therapy?***

Apr 27, 2014, 6:25 PM

You do, you have absolutely zero perspective in life...

Apr 27, 2014, 6:30 PM

You're more concerned with hating a coach that has been great for us, than accepting the fact that mini down cycles and down cycles eventually happen.

are u a woman trying to think for me? I NEVER said I hate

Apr 27, 2014, 6:32 PM

Jack goof ball...I think his time is up just like Tommy Bowden...We put up with Tommy for 9 years....should we do the same for Jack.....###?

your whole post lost me when you state

Apr 27, 2014, 6:48 PM

womens basketball is bigger than college baseball.....really not in Clemson compare season ticket sales and attendance

Apr 27, 2014, 6:59 PM

Well Posted Sir ! You have my respect and understanding !

Apr 27, 2014, 7:00 PM

TK79 typical liberal cant stand facts and doesnt want to hurt anyones feelings.

Lets all hold hands we are all winners. Pathetic.

null

Apr 27, 2014, 7:46 PM

How about a link to some actual evidence that Ray Tanner ran a dirty program? I know that you guys figure that if we're beating you, we must be cheating. You make these claims without providing an ounce of evidence. Tanner didn't cheat, we're just better than you guys; a lot better. And Chad Holbrook seems to be continuing where Tanner left off. What is it now, 24 of the last 31 or something absurd like that?

Well good for you Night Owl***

Apr 28, 2014, 9:18 AM

Apr 28, 2014, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: The Fire Jack crowd, is the absolute worst representation of ]

Y'all have to take this with a grade of slaw knowing

Apr 27, 2014, 10:14 PM

it comes from a man who thinks Barry Soetoro is doing a great job too.

Look at all the idiots who missed the point of the op.

Apr 28, 2014, 8:55 AM

When a mob of simple yet emotional men get stirred up and committed to something they will keep spewing trash all over the place until moderate men start to agree with them or people finally have enough and shut them down.

Dear idiots, follow this carefully. Being upset and questioning the coaching that has resulted in this disappointing season is entirely reasonable. Discussing problems they see with coaching is entirely reasonable. Floating ideas of potential replacements for jack (though I disagree with it) is arguably reasonable.

However, those posting insulting and disrespectful things about jack leggett are behaving like simple-minded trash, pure and simple. For those of you capable of anything close to objective-ish thinking, I ask you to consider the following. Do those who personally insult a coach and question a teams courage and commitment over losses help or hurt our program? Are personal attacks on one if the most successful coaches in the athletic departments history going to help anything? No coach on Earth is safe from being treated like garbage if we let small minded idiots run rampant every time they get upset about a loss. We would all enjoy college sports more if we counter attacked these punks who add so much stress and vitriol to what otherwise could be an enjoyable, family oriented pastime.

And don't let the fools trick you into believing that their "expectations" keep us from mediocrity. Expectations and criticism are healthy. What many fools on this website are doing is entirely different. They are running a campaign of hatred and divisiveness. These people pretend to love Clemson more than the coaches, but the truth is they love their own egos more than anything.

I fear the power of the idiot mob, now armed with smart phones and message boards have taken a classic American source of family enjoyment and perverted into a hostile, hateful source of stress. I hope we can stop them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2014, 9:14 AM

VERY WELL SAID,BUT WE NEED A CHANGE. JL HAS BEEN A GREAT COACH OVER THE YEARS. HOW MANY WORLD SERIES HAS HE WON ? WHEN IS THE LAST TIME WE WENT TO THE WS ? ANYBODY REMEMBER? I DO REMEMEMBER ONE , WE LOST TWO GAMES IN A ROW TO THE COOTS THAT SENT US HOME INSTEAD OF A CHANCE TO BE THE CHAMPION !

GO TIGERS

Apr 28, 2014, 9:15 AM

turn off your caps lock moron.

null

How Can Pointing Out the Obvious

Apr 28, 2014, 9:15 AM

be misconstrued as disrespect?

Thanks for your input, leggett...

Apr 28, 2014, 9:50 AM

but shouldn't you be coaching instead of blogging on T-net?

Apr 28, 2014, 1:32 PM

I actually think that people who are willing to except mediocrity as being the best as we can be, are overwhelmingly the worst!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 77
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic