Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I cannot believe that we let this LGBTQ/HB2 mess go this far
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 111
| visibility 1

I cannot believe that we let this LGBTQ/HB2 mess go this far

Dec 1, 2016, 10:06 AM

as to move sporting events and boycott concerts! I want to be at the ACCCG this weekend with my brother for his birthday and he can't go because it was moved to FL.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I cannot believe that we let this LGBTQ/HB2 mess go this far

Dec 1, 2016, 10:09 AM

Where's Trump? He was supposed to put an end to this PC culture bs!

Maybe, just maybe you should read about HB2

Dec 1, 2016, 10:10 AM

http://www.ncjustice.org/?q=18-questions-18-answers-real-facts-behind-house-bill-2

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Maybe, just maybe you should read about HB2

Dec 1, 2016, 10:45 AM

Thank you thank you thank you. People keep calling it the bathroom bill or transgender bill. That is the least offensive Part of the bill. As usual our lawmakers added unnecessary additions just because they could.

Dec 1, 2016, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Maybe, just maybe you should read about HB2 ]

Thank you thank you thank you. People keep calling it the bathroom bill or transgender bill. That is the least offensive Part of the bill. As usual our lawmakers added unnecessary additions just because they could.

It's not even correct, though

Dec 1, 2016, 12:06 PM

Even if it was, that wasn't the intention of the bill. Perhaps that's why, when the concern was raised, the bill was amended to address those concerns.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe, just maybe you should

Dec 1, 2016, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Maybe, just maybe you should read about HB2 ]

not get your news from places that have a political point of view and aim to coerce your tiny thoughts! Or at least you should learn the difference.

"North Carolina Justice Center
The North Carolina Justice Center and its affiliated brands make up the best known network of liberal-leaning groups in the state. The group insists that it is nonpartisan, but its policy prescriptions are regularly at odds with policies pursued by Republican leaders in the General Assembly.
Read more at http://www.wral.com/news/state/nccapitol/asset_gallery/12158809/#UVg5auSB32Ei6l1R.99"

Dec 1, 2016, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Maybe, just maybe you should read about HB2 ]

When I go to a website to get educated about an issue and they start quoting the ACLU, they have lost all credibility with me.

This is very outdated

Dec 1, 2016, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Maybe, just maybe you should read about HB2 ]

First of all, it was questionable whether it actually did eliminate state laws against discrimination. But, most importantly, and amendment was passed that addressed those concerns months ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good news is we voted out McCrory for costing our state

Dec 1, 2016, 10:09 AM

so much money for his awful bill...that the moron doubled down on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good news is we voted out McCrory for costing our state

Dec 1, 2016, 10:15 AM

LMFAO. now your state is really in the sh!tter so to speak. you got roy cooper running the state and jennifer roberts, who started this whole thing by the way, running charlotte. good luck with that. who will be the 1st little girl killed in one of your bathrooms by a guy going, legally, into the girls rest room.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2016, 10:28 AM

"who will be the 1st little girl killed in one of your bathrooms by a guy going, legally, into the girls rest room."

This is ignorant and nothing more than a scare tactic. Murder is still illegal...

This entire country just needs to do a LITTLE research before they form their opinions. Just because you FEEL some way doesn't make it FACT.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2016, 10:31 AM

my research says i dint want guys in the same bathroom with my grand daughters. if you cant see that, what else is there to discuss.

Dec 1, 2016, 10:35 AM

yup, call me old fashioned but this seems far more appropriate.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2016, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Good news is we voted out McCrory for costing our state ]

@Deroberts the FACTS say this is a none issue. You're starting to sound like one of those snowflakes you despise so much...

11. Was there ever any credible evidence to support the theory that the Charlotte ordinance created a security risk to any persons in bathrooms or locker rooms?

No, and not a single credible incident or report exists from the 17 states or over 200 communities that have enacted and implemented the exact same ordinance as Charlotte. And this includes the following liberal bastions of policy in the United States: Oklahoma City, Boise, Dallas, Orlando, Indianapolis, Lexington, El Paso, Myrtle Beach, Kansas City, and Lawrence, Kansas, just to name a few.

Let's play "what are the odds".

Dec 1, 2016, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Good news is we voted out McCrory for costing our state ]

What are the odds, deroberts, that the following happen:

*Your granddaughter is in a public bathroom in NC
*A male legally enters that bathroom

Let's pause there. Pretty slim? Ok, you would agree that not all males that would use this law to enter a female bathroom would enter with the intent to do harm to a child right?

Ok let's go farther....

*Your granddaughter is in a public bathroom in NC
AND
*A male legally enters that bathroom
AND
*Said male legally enters and does harm to your granddaughter

She's got a better chance to win the lottery I think. Heck, getting in multiple car wrecks in route to said bathroom is probably more likely. But carry on.

***NOTE FOR THE SENSITIVE: I DO NOT WISH HARM ON ANY PERSON I'M JUST ILLUSTRATING EXAMPLES TO CONTEXTUALIZE THE IRRATIONAL FEAR OF SOME.

Also, I don't want dudes in the bathroom with my kids. I also think it's significantly more likely that someone enters a bathroom illegally with the intent to do harm than does so legally.

Re: Let's play "what are the odds".

Dec 1, 2016, 10:53 AM

Lets say that you live in a dry county...

Now wouldn't it be less of a chance that someone could get his/her hands on some alcohol???

Wouldn't that reduce the risk of someone getting drunk and doing something stupid because he or she was drunk???

I'll be here all day...

Lol

Dec 1, 2016, 11:04 AM

If dry counties were the solution, wouldn't there be more of them?

Traveling to purchase alcohol
A study in Kentucky suggested that residents of dry counties have to drive farther from their homes to consume alcohol, thus increasing impaired driving exposure,[6] although it found that a similar proportion of crashes in wet and dry counties are alcohol-related. A study of Arkansas noted that wet and dry counties are often adjacent and that alcohol beverage sales outlets are often located immediately across county or even on state lines.[7] Other researchers have pointed to the same phenomenon. Winn and Giacopassi observed that residents of wet counties most likely have "shorter distances (to travel) between home and drinking establishments."[8] From their study, Schulte and colleagues postulate that "it may be counter productive in that individuals are driving farther under the influence of alcohol, thus, increasing their exposure to crashes in dry counties."[9] Data collected by the National Center for Statistics and Analysis (NCSA) also support the claim of higher rates of DUI accidents in dry counties, "dry counties had a fatality rate in drunk driving accidents of 6.8 per 10,000 people. Conversely, wet counties had 1.9 per 10,000 people."[10]

Re: Lol

Dec 1, 2016, 11:06 AM

So will transgenders travel out of state to use the bathroom? We aren't just talking about DUI's here

No, they will rape your daughter

Dec 1, 2016, 11:18 AM

That's all there is to it.

SOMETHING MUST BE DONE

Dec 1, 2016, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's play "what are the odds". ]

I think it just increases neighboring wet counties tax revenue and the dry counties drunk driving arrests.

The whole thing is a ####### a non issue. Charlotte should not have passed the law and NC government should have not taken the bait. Your sons, nephews, grandsons are probably using the bathroom with registered sex offenders on a regular basis and your not losing any sleep over it. I don't see how a transgendered using the ladies room on purpose is any different than you accidentally using the ladies room.

Dec 1, 2016, 11:28 AM

I don't see why men can't potty with other men and the same for women. I also can see well and don't usually get my bathrooms mixed up simply because I don't want to invade someone's privacy and/or get arrested. Also, I think about my two nieces' safety all the time and they are the main reason we aren't going to FL. Its just too far for my brother to travel away from his family.

Dec 1, 2016, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Good news is we voted out McCrory for costing our state ]

If the guy is sick enough to kill your grand daughter than a little law wasnt going to stop him from going in there.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Dec 1, 2016, 11:09 AM

Even if it did stop him, he'd probably just go in the men's room and kill somebody's grandson instead

The bill itself

Dec 1, 2016, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Good news is we voted out McCrory for costing our state ]

yea the discrimination part is awful...but the law about where to use the potty has always been. You go where you go. I am a father of 3 daughters and if I catch a trans trying to go into the bathroom while they are in there I'll stop them and let them know that hey you know you do you...but I'm a father and you aint going in this bathroom until my daughters come out. you can call it discrimination if you want but I call it protecting my kids.

I voted for McCrory, but simply bc Roy Cooper is an idiot and I wasn't about to vote for him. You can call me a republican if you want, but I didn't vote for Trump so I'm not a strict republican. I use my common sense and vote for people who more closely align with my thoughts and beliefs.

If you think that Roy Cooper is going to help the state of NC you are just as delusional as those who thought Hillary was innocent.

The bill worked, it used fear mongering about the bathroom

Dec 1, 2016, 10:22 AM

crap to sneak past the really awful stuff. Nobody cares about the bathroom issue, transgenders will continue to do what they've always done, and there haven't been any issues. If HB2 was strictly about that, then it wouldn't have mattered.

McCrory doubling down on HB2 is what cost him his job, sheer arrogance in the face of having already cost our state $750mil.

I don't care if you are republican or democratic, that isn't related to this in my opinion.

Re: The bill worked, it used fear mongering about the bathroom

Dec 1, 2016, 10:27 AM

maybe you should worry more about that hillary recount.

Very helpful to the discussion at hand, thanks.***

Dec 1, 2016, 10:28 AM

Dec 1, 2016, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: The bill worked, it used fear mongering about the bathroom ]

you clearly don't get it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

if no one cares about the bathroom issue

Dec 1, 2016, 10:29 AM [ in reply to The bill worked, it used fear mongering about the bathroom ]

as you say... then why is that the first thing that comes out the medias mouth and even the common person? bc they don't read the bill they go with what the media is talking about. The bathroom issue does matter. it matters to parents. But I have read the bill. It sucks bc there is no protection for discrimination. But overall the reason this bill came out was bc some pedophile in Charlotte wanted to push the envelope and allow people to use the bathroom with how they identify. I forget the man's name but he has a record of molestation and other issues involving children. If you want to blame anybody for the ridiculousness of the law you can blame that idiot. If he hadn't pushed his predator self then this law would have never come about. So yes this at its heart is a bathroom issue.

and for the loss of money issue: I just read last week that NC in 2016 was still #2 in job growth, and business development. guess there wasn't much of an issue. People are smart. They see that big companies are pulling out and so more smaller companies fly in under the radar and start their businesses. Living near RTP I can tell you that this law is not costing us the millions you indicate. Things are still going just the way they are and just bc Paypal pulls out doesn't mean a thing.

Re: if no one cares about the bathroom issue

None of what you say is based in fact. None. Zilch. Nada. Nein. Zero.

The bathroom issue is fear mongering. Charlotte's pro LGBT law was passed after months of deliberation and public input (aka proper channels)
If a pervert wants to molest your kid they're gonna do it. No bathroom law is gonna stop that. Sorry....

you're an idiot

and have helped in no way to the discussion. thanks for trying though.

the fact is that a convicted sex offender named Chad Sevearance pushed his own agenda and the state stepped up and tried to protect others. They put out a crappy bill but overall the bill was put out because of this creep.

Don't get all self-righteous . . .

Dec 1, 2016, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: if no one cares about the bathroom issue ]

The fact that you refuse to acknowledge the difference between X and Y chromosomes doesn't mean the rest of us are haters. If you don't think the Stalinesque nature of the LGBTQ lobby is bringing matters to a head in ways that drive things like HB2, then you're in a coma.

Re: Don't get all self-righteous . . .

Dec 1, 2016, 11:23 AM

So you're blaming the new discrimatory laws that apply to EVERYONE on Charlotte passing a pro LGBT law. That is rich.
That would have to be the biggest and stupidest overreaction by the anti PC-overreaction crowd ever.
If all HB2 did was repeal the charlotte ordinanice very few would take issue. That's NOT what HB2 does though.

No . . .

Dec 1, 2016, 11:33 AM

I'm not doing that. I'm saying the Charlotte ordinance was a microcosm/example of what the LGBT lobby is doing on all sorts of matters nation-wide, which is to say enforcing their orthodoxy of altered definitions of sexuality and the social behaviors required of that. It's not like we live in a society untouched by this save the Charlotte ordinance. And the scam that is anti-discrimination laws is not worth protecting.

Re: No . . .

Dec 1, 2016, 11:40 AM

That 'scam' can keep you from being fired by a LGBT business owner because you are Christian, for example.
Everybody just needs to live and let live and anti-discriminatory laws make sure that happens.

No, they don't . . .

Dec 1, 2016, 12:00 PM

Anti-discrimination laws by definition decide what is permissible discrimination and what is not. They are not live and let live. Let and let live would be no anti-discrimination laws. I am a Christian, but I do not believe the government ought to tell Joe Blow business owner that he may not refuse to hire or fire me for being one. I may have disagreements with Joe Blow employer's decision in that regard in this or that case, but it is not an instance of liberty to tell him he can't.

Folks get all up in arms about discrimination being "unfair" or impinging on rights, but they never talk about the fact that in order to enforce such standards, you *have* to take away the liberty of others to make such decisions. So, it's not that anti-discrimination laws prevent discrimination, they simply codify what is in and out of bounds regarding discrimination.

Now then, while such laws may protect Christians on paper, what happens when their hate-speech rules or safe-space protocol is violated by Christians who disagree with the going orthodoxy. Do you really think such anti-discrimination laws will side with say, a Christian employee's opposition to participation in corporate or institutional activity in support of LGBT matters? Of course not - there is a fundamental difference in orthodoxy and they are choosing which one to support. The Christian may not be fired for "being Christian" on paper, or for attending church, etc., but you can be darn sure he'll be expected to toe the line on anything he does. He's at liberty to have his own convictions in the privacy of his own mind, but not everywhere else.

I wouldn't even go to that libertarian a length...

Dec 1, 2016, 12:30 PM

I think anti-discrimination laws are needed when discrimination is limiting or preventing access to the market for a group of people. But I don't think that's the case for gay people, especially today, and especially in places like Charlotte. And, I wouldn't have a problem with a business being punished for simply firing a gay person just for being gay, and when their sexuality has nothing to do with whatever the business/ organization was doing. However, the LGBT lobby wants businesses punished for refusing to participate or provide services to particular events that violate the business owner's conscience, and they want organizations with a specific religious point of view punished for not employing people who explicitly disagree with the point of view of the organization. So these kinds of laws are actually symbolic shots in the culture war that basically say that it's the gay way or the highway. They aren't really protecting anybody from legitimate threats to their pursuit of happiness, they just punish people who disagree with the new orthodoxy.

States love to preach small government

Dec 1, 2016, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't get all self-righteous . . . ]

until cities or counties pass ordinances they don't like.

How does eliminating a cause for legal action...

Dec 1, 2016, 12:32 PM

translate to bigger government? Actually, HB2 would reduce the involvement of government in people's lives. Besides, conservatives are generally for limited government, not just the smallest government possible. You could make the case that HB2 was a good example of how the power of the state could actually be used to limit government intrusion into people's lives.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

That's a cute story, but fabricated.

Dec 1, 2016, 10:35 AM [ in reply to if no one cares about the bathroom issue ]

http://www.charlottemagazine.com/Charlotte-Magazine/April-2016/HB2-How-North-Carolina-Got-Here/

Fear mongering and pretending the bill is only about the bathroom is why it is reported as such.

And of course NC is going to collapse, but the financial impact on this discriminatory bill is clearly calculated and easy to see. Raleigh/Durham and Charlotte are going to continue to be great economic locations, and you're right, the bill won't hurt that too much.

haha fabricated

Dec 1, 2016, 10:41 AM

ok...sounds good.

I followed this story way before the Legislature passed this bill. I followed the story of the pedophile wanting push this agenda way before any of this came into existence.

I just posted the guys name and the article...for your viewing pleasure of course.

so the fabrication can be how you said the state would lose money or has lost money...but then you just indicated that Charlotte and RDU will continue to do well. How many big businesses are going to go to Winston Salem or Rocky Mount, or anywhere like that to begin with. Factories will still go there and will it get big play? probably not bc its in a small town...don't let the media scare you into thinking that NC is going to lose millions bc of this law bc that's just not true.

We have already lost millions...

Dec 1, 2016, 10:43 AM

It's not a scare, it's truth.

And yes, industry would go to Winston-Salem and/or Rocky Mount.

Re: We have already lost millions...

Dec 1, 2016, 10:55 AM

IF THIS IS REALLY SUCH A BIG DEAL WHY ARE THE ACC OFFICES STILL IN GREENSBORO. AND THE BELK BOWL STILL IN CHARLOTTE. fact of the matter is this is nothing more than symbolism over substance, something you libs just love. you politically correct goobers better strap it on tight. there is a new sheriff in town. lol

Dec 1, 2016, 11:02 AM

@deroberts

Even if we disagree about the bathroom portion of HB2 it is undeniable that it is a terrible law for everyone hoping to not get discriminated against in NC.

Including white Christian males..

I'm pissed the game moved too, but NC deserves the hell storm they're getting. It's just part of life, not everything goes perfect for the Clemson man all the time.

Dec 1, 2016, 11:38 AM

so why not answer my question. if this is the "politically correct" thing to do why are the acc offices and the belk bowl still in north carolina.

Dec 1, 2016, 11:45 AM

I don't know. Probably a tougher contract to get out of for the Belk bowl if I had to guess. You should ask them...
I hope the acc office does leave, would make the conference a little less blue bellied

No, it really isn't

Dec 1, 2016, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: We have already lost millions... ]

All it does is prevent localities from passing problematic laws like the one Charlotte passed.

I like how you attempt to label my political affiliation.

Dec 1, 2016, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: We have already lost millions... ]

Again further proving your stupidity.

Why don't you, for once in your life, try using tact?

Dec 1, 2016, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: We have already lost millions... ]

As I've said before, you just can't help yourself, you just cannot engage in dialogue. Even if you were 100% correct, you lose all credibility because you act like a complete ########.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The solution to the loss of economic activity is for

Dec 1, 2016, 12:04 PM [ in reply to We have already lost millions... ]

the boycotts and the calls for boycotts to stop. I don't wanna hear pro-LGBT folk who are pushing this pullback of economic activity, and explicitly or implicitly supporting the moral underpinning of the protests by various business, to then turn around and blame the rest of us for the economic loss. Go cry me a river. If you don't want the loss then quit pushing and supporting the pullback as a response to the law.

Those who pull back in such a way are doing what they choose. Those of us who know that X and Y Chromosomes aren't the same thing are not at fault.

Re: haha fabricated

Dec 1, 2016, 10:47 AM [ in reply to haha fabricated ]

Are you kidding me! Breitbart is NOT a credible source. It's the DEFINITION of fake, homophobic, xenophobic, alt-right news.

And guess what, even if the guy who started the pro LGBT law in Charlotte is a terrible person, the people (see majority) of charlotte decided his law worked for their city. Who says the state can take that away from them? All the while implementing some seriously bad discriminatory laws for EVERYONE.

Who says the state can take that away from them?

Dec 1, 2016, 10:51 AM

Power originates from the states, so...is the Constitution an acceptable answer here?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Who says the state can take that away from them?

Dec 1, 2016, 10:53 AM

Correct. But they shouldn't have. Do you also think the feds should start jailing people in cali for smoking weed?

No, because the federal government's powers originate

Dec 1, 2016, 11:19 AM

from the states. Just like the county and municipal governments' powers originate from the states.

Re: Who says the state can take that away from them?

Dec 1, 2016, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Who says the state can take that away from them? ]

Power does not originate from the states, it originates from the people.

Fundamentally, yes. But the powers of the government

originate at the state level.

hows the Charlotte Observer

Dec 1, 2016, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: haha fabricated ]

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article64943682.html

Re: hows the Charlotte Observer

Dec 1, 2016, 10:57 AM

And yet it still passed...
This is a none factor. Trans people are going to keep doing what they've always done. Use whatever ####### bathroom they want.
I don't give a crap about Charlotte's law or the guy who supported it, the people of Charlotte passed it because it fit their majorities opinions. I care that the state government made a law to counter it that hides a multitude of discrimatory laws that effect EVERYONE. Even my white male ###.

http://www.politifact.com/north-carolina/article/2016/apr/22/roundup-hb2-fact-checks-north-carolinas-controvers/

i keep seeing how the people voted this

Dec 1, 2016, 11:15 AM

or the majority want this.... it was a 7-4 vote by council members...I just don't see how 11 people voting are the voice of the state. and that the state wanted this...I honestly think that if this came down to a state wide vote it would be closer to 50-50

the majority of this state is conservative. Heck 4 years ago the state voted on marriage between male and female and it came back that 60+ % were in favor of traditional marriage. The loud mouths wanted it repealed.

guess what happened after that vote a few years ago the Supreme Court said that it should be fine for same sex couples to get married. No one cared about the majority and how the majority voted in our state then?

The problem is that checks and balances are not being implemented the way the constitution intended. The ordinance should have never come up (especially from a convicted child molester) and if it did it should have been voted on by the city. it wasn't. If it had then the bill itself would not have been constructed.

"To that point, the NC constitution for 180 years “has held to the public policy that issues of labor and trade would be decided on a statewide basis instead of locally. And so, without any legal authority whatsoever,” says Rep. Paul Stam, the city of Charlotte decided to go against that. It enacted an ordinance requiring all government and business bathrooms and showers to be open to all sexes."--Douglas Williams, The Federalist

Also there are 29 other states that don't have a similar ordinance that was constructed by said child molestor...do they also not care about the well being of the LGBT?

A law similar to the one Charlotte passed...

Dec 1, 2016, 11:55 AM

was put to the vote in Houston, a more liberal city with a gay mayor, and it failed to pass. The fact is, the majority of people would support a law like HB2 if it was put to the vote.

Re: hows the Charlotte Observer

Dec 1, 2016, 11:44 AM [ in reply to hows the Charlotte Observer ]

Why would a gay male sex offender want to go to the women's restroom though?

Re: if no one cares about the bathroom issue

Dec 1, 2016, 10:35 AM [ in reply to if no one cares about the bathroom issue ]

http://archive.is/PfG6n

this is the guy that started this whole debate and why the bill was ultimately brought into existence.

It's called diversion.

Dec 1, 2016, 10:41 AM [ in reply to if no one cares about the bathroom issue ]

Ask Bryson Allen Williams about it.
He covered up an entire butt whooping with ridiculous allegations.

Dec 1, 2016, 10:32 AM [ in reply to The bill worked, it used fear mongering about the bathroom ]

agreed - this f'n moron did double down and brought attention to a non-issue in this state and costs nc millions. and that is the problem with politics - they push hot buttons to upset what they deem the "dumb" voting base and then screw their on voters in the process. the bathroom wasn't the issue but was made the issue. pat's an idiot and glad he's going to be gone. in the meantime, his stupidity cost clemson the opportunity to play in charlotte. its the dumbing down of america at its best.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

First, this wasn't McCrory's bill, but the

Dec 1, 2016, 10:34 AM [ in reply to The bill worked, it used fear mongering about the bathroom ]

Human Rights Campaign put 100% of its PR efforts into making Pat McCrory the villain in all of this. Nothing like this was even remotely on his agenda. The ONLY reason it got to that point was because Jennifer Roberts, Roy Cooper and the HRC made a political play, ignoring efforts to compromise and taking the time to come up with alternatives, and passed a municipal ordinance that they KNEW without a doubt would be struck down at the state level. And then they ignored efforts to compromise after the fact. Democrats literally celebrated when companies like PayPal withdrew their plans to locate or expand their NC presence.

Bev Purdue put the state of NC in an absolute mess economically. She was a disaster for jobs and business growth as well as the education system. Pat McCrory grew the economy by leaps and bounds, created over 300,000 new jobs, took a deficit and created a surplus, and gave teachers their first raises in a very long time. But he's losing his job because the state legislature passed a bill that prevented Charlotte from forcing its local private businesses, public schools, gyms, YMCAs, etc. to allow people to use whichever bathroom they want to use.

Also, let me know when Cooper is able to force the NC legislature to strike down their own bill.

good point

Dec 1, 2016, 10:36 AM

and yes Bev Purdue was the worst for our economy.

Re: First, this wasn't McCrory's bill, but the

Dec 1, 2016, 10:39 AM [ in reply to First, this wasn't McCrory's bill, but the ]

the problem i see is why make the bathroom an issue at all. it wasn't a problem before and not sure why pat didn't just table it?? both political bases are so ridiculous that if you focus on the hot button, then all the other stuff gets swept under the rug. this should have never have happened. bev was a disaster and pat shot himself in the foot

That's the entire point and where we agree

It wasn't an issue before, so why did Charlotte pass an ordinance? Pat didn't have the luxury of tabling the discussion. A city in his state passed a controversial ordinance and the state legislature passed a bill immediately in order to defeat the immediacy of the Charlotte ordinance. He can't table that and was put in a no-win situation.

This is always the problem for conservatives

Dec 1, 2016, 12:40 PM

If they respond to some kind of liberal provocation, they're always blamed as the aggressors because they have little ability to control the narrative. It's really too bad there's not more people can do to punish these businesses for being so cowardly, especially since HB2 would've had almost no effect on them. I would imagine (un)holy-hellfire would be brought down upon businesses who protested a pro-LGBT policy, but unfortunately conservatives have almost no cultural power.

OMG I agree with GWP??? I need to check my temperature***

Dec 1, 2016, 10:41 AM [ in reply to First, this wasn't McCrory's bill, but the ]

Eventually, everyone agrees with me

Dec 1, 2016, 10:42 AM

;)

oh boy...

Dec 1, 2016, 10:44 AM

cue NAT in 3,2,1..............

When would you disagree with him?

Dec 1, 2016, 10:44 AM [ in reply to OMG I agree with GWP??? I need to check my temperature*** ]

About the only thing I disagree with him on is Brad Brownell.

Re: When would you disagree with him?

thoughts on brownell??

Re: When would you disagree with him?

Dec 1, 2016, 11:05 AM

GWP believe it is time for him to go.

I think he has earned his stay for a bit more.

Yes, I thought that at the end of the last 2 seasons

Dec 1, 2016, 11:11 AM

after vigorously defending him for a few years. I'm hoping he makes me eat crow this year, but I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic.

I hope he makes you eat crow too.

Dec 1, 2016, 11:12 AM

More for the "I told you so" than the fact I want Clemson to do well. ;P

YOU girls STOP this, please?!

Dec 1, 2016, 12:35 PM

I'm trying to read and learn something here and it's really difficult to do that when I'm laughing, y'know?

Now, where was I....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

So much this

Dec 1, 2016, 12:01 PM [ in reply to First, this wasn't McCrory's bill, but the ]

It's unfortunate that the media allowed itself to be captured by HRC's agenda, but they rarely question anything related to the agenda of pro-LGBT organizations. Private business wouldn't even have been affected by the law, as they could have whatever policies on sex separate facilities they wanted. Let's remember that it was the Charlotte ordinance, not HB2, that would've forced private parties to comply with a social agenda. HB2 merely allowed the status quo to remain in public facilities, and prevented private parties from being sued for maintaining sex-separate facilities. The protest over the law was entirely symbolic, and of course that's why those who want to force pro-LGBT policies on states and localities applauded the move. It's really too bad the media wasn't critical of these businesses.

The thing is a transgender is most likely harmless

Dec 1, 2016, 10:27 AM [ in reply to The bill itself ]

And you wouldn't know for sure they weren't using the right bathroom. What worries me for our daughters and wives are the pervert guys that use this law as an excuse to enter where they would otherwise be prohibited for purposes other than crapping. That's the insanity of this.

How about just not suing people for protecting privacy?

Dec 1, 2016, 12:10 PM

I think most of us would agree that the reason for sex-separate facilities is in order to provide some privacy (which includes safety, but isn't entirely encompassed by concerns about safety). The ordinance that Charlotte passed would actually create a cause to sue if, for instance, a crossdresser went into a women's locker room and they were asked to leave. It also would've led to things like forcing people to affirm and even teach transgender ideology. So we don't need to imagine the extreme case of a perv just going into sex separate facilities to get their jollies off to have a problem with laws like the one in Charlotte.

I think there are people on the other side of this who are genuinely concerned about the health and safety of people who consider themselves transgender. But I would say the same thing to them that some of them say to people concerned about safety in sex separate facilities- you're already protected from violence by laws that apply to everyone. As far as health goes, it isn't at all clear that a person with gender dysphoria is helped by forcing everyone else to pretend they are the opposite sex.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

Actually, the "discrimination part" isn't awful

Dec 1, 2016, 11:49 AM [ in reply to The bill itself ]

It just prevents localities from creating problems by going beyond state law. Those who were concerned that no action could be brought on the grounds of illegal discrimination should've been satisfied when an amendment to the bill was passed that ensured the bill wouldn't do that. But they're more interested in the symbolic triumph of transgender ideology than they are in concrete legislation.

You're just another Yankee transplant that is ruining

Dec 1, 2016, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Good news is we voted out McCrory for costing our state ]

the sanctity of our beautiful state and tarnishing our national outlook because of your PC culture.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: You're just another Yankee transplant that is ruining

Hahahaha I hope this is a joke. Sorry to disappoint, born in SC.

Just prefer facts and logic over feelings and fear.

Since I wasn't responding to you

Dec 1, 2016, 11:31 AM

All I have to say is this: stop sticking your nose in my business you libtard. First you come for my guns, then you come for my rights. Stay away libtard. Im packin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since I wasn't responding to you

Dec 1, 2016, 11:36 AM

Well I'm sure librard or republinut we can all agree this website is hard as #### to tell who is talking to who ??

I promise you can change my mind, but I make my decisions using as much logic and facts as possible. You can't convince me Charlotte's law was dangerous because the people paid to study it say it isn't. Find me something CREDIBLE that says otherwise and I'll listen.

Listen up

Dec 1, 2016, 11:38 AM

Charlotte is just mad that its not the capitol. Raleigh > Charlotte in every aspect. You didn't see our citizens destroying our city by allowing men to prey in girls bathrooms and locker rooms. And you didn't see us riot and loot when we had to deal with liberal policies for decades on ends while the states economy and school systems plummeted to the bottom of the national rankings.

Re: just another Yankee... this isn't going to go well...

Dec 1, 2016, 12:37 PM [ in reply to You're just another Yankee transplant that is ruining ]

....call it a hunch....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

How can we vote out these businesses?

Dec 1, 2016, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Good news is we voted out McCrory for costing our state ]

But seriously, the governor didn't make the law. He could've vetoed it, but it was popular and it was needed. Here's hoping the Mayor of Charlotte and everybody on the board who came up with the Charlotte ordinance that prompted HB2 is also voted out.

What do you mean we?***

Dec 1, 2016, 10:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Re: What do you mean we?***

Dec 1, 2016, 10:12 AM

Exactly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you mean we?***

Dec 1, 2016, 10:23 AM [ in reply to What do you mean we?*** ]

Exactly! I live in Raleigh, voted McCrory, and dare some "identifier" to walk in on my niece and disrespect her privacy!

Thank you for starting a crap storm in the mange this morning.***

Dec 1, 2016, 10:18 AM

The take away from all of this is that we need to reform

Dec 1, 2016, 10:24 AM

Parole conditions.

This is a connected world we live in, where all of our electronics can be monitored and tracked, including ankle bracelets. The fact that you're brother can't travel down to Florida because some lazy donut eater doesn't want to make a phone call to the Florida County Jail when he's picked up again is a travesty, and shows just how power hungry, and over reaching our judicial system has become. SMH

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate that. Is your brother unsure of which bathroom to use***

Dec 1, 2016, 10:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ONLY IN FLORIDA WHERE HE HAZ OPTIONS!!!!!!

Dec 1, 2016, 10:32 AM

HE NOSE WITCH JUAN TWO YOUS IN NORTH CACK!!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So if I'm reading this correctly, it's your brother's

Dec 1, 2016, 10:29 AM

birthday. And he wants to spend it with you, but you are too selfish and are abandoning him to satisfy your own self-interested ego under the cloak of blaming non-discriminatory laws in NC.

SMDH man this is what is wrong with the world today. You should learn to love your family.

I have no issue with boycotting his brother's birthday

Dec 1, 2016, 10:30 AM

to highlight this issue

You must really hate your LGBT friends

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do make a good point, Mauldin. What bigger statement

Dec 1, 2016, 10:32 AM

could someone make than to BOYCOTT THE BIRTHDAY OF THEIR OWN BLOOD SMH.

Brother Birthdays Matter

Dec 1, 2016, 10:44 AM

You sure are doing a lot of head shaking today. You know what they say about shaking it more than twice?

Just use your ticket money for gas.

The tickets are free with any Happy Meal in the Greater Orlando area.

hey, stop electing republicans and people will stop

Dec 1, 2016, 10:40 AM

boycotting venues.

Felons can't vote, my dude.***

Dec 1, 2016, 10:43 AM

But, dead people and illegals can.***

Dec 1, 2016, 10:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

actually

Dec 1, 2016, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Felons can't vote, my dude.*** ]

they can't while jail, probation, or on parole.

after 2 years voting rights are restored. but I think they have to re-register.

THANKS OBAMA.***

Dec 1, 2016, 11:17 AM

Re: THANKS OBAMA.***

Dec 1, 2016, 11:31 AM

well this might be a good thing for some....but for the majority no

my brother was a felon, but he has cleaned up his life so I think he has paid his dues and should be able to vote.

Some of the others that are felons and will live a life of felons (even if they are ex and haven't been caught again) should not be able to vote, but how can you discern that?

oh well.

yes they can......

Dec 1, 2016, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Felons can't vote, my dude.*** ]

so long as their dues are paid, and time is served. also no parole or probation.

Oh look, another thread for

Dec 1, 2016, 10:55 AM

offended people who claim to hate when people get offended.

THEY COMIN TO RAPE ARE KIDS***

Dec 1, 2016, 11:18 AM

Look, you want to go to a game once a year.

I have to drop a deuce in a public restroom at least once a week, and I can't exactly wear a beautiful floral print dress into the men's room.

Can't we compromise?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 111
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic