Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have all had to make decisions about the "last days" . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

We have all had to make decisions about the "last days" . .

May 27, 2020, 2:00 PM
IMG_0186.JPG(337.4 K)
IMG_1364.jpg(118.4 K)
IMG_1375.jpg(157.5 K)

of our pets' lives. It's excruciating. It hurts beyond description.

My youngest is dealing with this for the first time. His mixed breed, rescued buddy, Scooter, has had 3 grand mal seizures in the past 24 hours. Each seizure lasting 2-4 minutes.

When I say "rescued buddy", I'm not sure who rescued who . . .

For those who can empathize and believe in prayer, please keep them both in your thoughts as tough decisions will be made in the next few days.

Scooter is as gentle and caring as any friend could ever be. He especially loves taking his turn opening Christmas presents.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scooter is a beautiful boy

May 27, 2020, 2:07 PM

hang in there

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: We have all had to make decisions about the "last days" . .

May 27, 2020, 2:07 PM

Praying for them during this time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Losing our goodest boys and girls is the worst.***

May 27, 2020, 2:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

May 27, 2020, 2:13 PM

Prayers for you and yours

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for Scooter!

May 27, 2020, 2:21 PM

And you and your family as well.

Please keep us posted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Scoot sees his doctor in the morning . . .

May 27, 2020, 2:24 PM

Will update afterwards . . .

May 27, 2020, 2:26 PM

We have a golden that had seizures nearly all day one day lasting up to 4 minutes. Took her to the vet early in the morning after the first few. Later took her to the doggy ER where they put her on a phenobarbital IV and held her for a day and a half. Her brain temp was nearly fatally high. Put her on a daily regimen of 2 phenobarbitals a day and she hasn’t had any seizures in several years. Took her a good week and a half to get back to normal after the day of seizures.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for H O P E***

May 27, 2020, 2:40 PM

May 27, 2020, 2:53 PM

you got it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've had a lot of dogs. My current dog is my favorite.

May 27, 2020, 3:14 PM

He is getting old. We are truly best friends. His little sister might take it worse than me. She has been with him almost every second of her life since we got her a couple years ago. He's starting to get pains from old age.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've had a lot of dogs. My current dog is my favorite.

May 27, 2020, 3:27 PM

Prayers for your furry family member, Your son and You and your family.

Re: I've had a lot of dogs. My current dog is my favorite.

May 28, 2020, 5:42 PM [ in reply to I've had a lot of dogs. My current dog is my favorite. ]

let him go out in style. buy him season tickets to this next football season, and if we go all the way, be willing to put him up for a couple days wherever the game is being played.

May 27, 2020, 3:56 PM

Very sad. I've gone through this with my pet and my daughters long time pet. My sympathies as these are tough issues to deal with

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 4:08 PM

Prayers for all. I bawled like a baby when I put my boxer Brewtus down.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 4:16 PM

Scoot reminds me of Coda. Coda is my father in laws’ dog by way of his neighbor. Darndest thing, he ends up with this dog when the lady rarely comes home, feeds him or even checks on him. He just said nothing and took him to the Vet. Got him his shots, groomed, bought a bed, a house and started keeping him. Lady never even asked, but sees him everyday walking Coda. I had to give Coda back today after keeping him for a week while they were at the beach. Kids miss him already. Such a good dog. Hang in there Skeet.

May 28, 2020, 5:46 PM

when my brother and his son moved from where they were living, the dog who'd been hanging out with them but who formally lived down the street waited until everything was packed, and then jumped up in the cab between the two of them. He just looked at my brother like, "All present and accounted for, sir!" So they adopted him. Didn't bother with the folks down the street, who clearly hadn't cared about the dog one jot.

May 27, 2020, 5:37 PM

Truly heartbreaking. I will remember you guys in my prayers Skeeta. I sure hope we get to see our pets again.

May 28, 2020, 2:43 PM

You will remember there’s scripture talking about a horses snorting being like the awesomeness of Gods glory and Jesus will be riding a white horse to seal the deal for Satan. I believe part of Heaven will be having our animals.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 27, 2020, 6:00 PM

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family ????

May 27, 2020, 6:05 PM

Saying prayers, Skeeta

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 27, 2020, 10:57 PM

Scooter is a gorgeous boy! Prayers for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2020, 12:33 AM

done. sorry to hear this.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

May 28, 2020, 8:44 PM

I made a decision to put my 15 year old golden retriever to sleep 6 1/2 years ago but that was nothing compared to making a decision 3 1/2 years ago to take my 24 year old son off the ventilator. Keep it in perspective.

I made a decision to put my 15 year old golden retriever to sleep 6 1/2 years ago but that was nothing compared to making a decision 3 1/2 years ago to take my 24 year old son off the ventilator. Keep it in perspective.

Beau

May 30, 2020, 1:50 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwGnCIdHQH0

Been there. Dogs are awesome and are family.***

May 30, 2020, 8:47 AM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

May 30, 2020, 8:58 AM

It’s hard to replace a pet, but I believe most of the animal lovers will tell you to get another one because taking another into your home takes another one out of a shelter or even worse off the euthanize list.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic