Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Watson ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

"Watson ...

Sep 22, 2020, 8:42 PM

TOUCHDOWN! .... Hunter .. Renfrow ... little man makes another E-NOR-MOUS play!"

I think I will remember that call until my dying day!

That final drive is a thing of beauty. And, that catch by Leggett ... WOW!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYp9hcsqqRE&ab_channel=SANFRANFANAD

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Never gets old. And will never get old!**

Sep 22, 2020, 8:50 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Watson ...

Sep 22, 2020, 9:40 PM

+1 Shameless play for the TD.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2020, 9:40 PM

And a TU for you!

Sep 23, 2020, 7:33 AM

Thanks for sharing! I forgot there was a PI at the end of this drive

Sep 23, 2020, 8:03 AM

I remember telling my wife he had enough time to lead us to a score. I also have always wondered if Fuller ran the kick back could we have stopped them with the time remaining.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have wondered about that as well.***

Sep 23, 2020, 9:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

When we celebrate the 40th anniversary of this one,

Sep 23, 2020, 9:52 AM

The leghumpers will be celebrating their 76th.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Mike would have caught that ball on the PI play.***

Sep 23, 2020, 12:40 PM

Sep 23, 2020, 1:18 PM

Just watching that over gives me goose bumps. Watch that and weep leghumper. That play got me over the Ford firing. Thanks guys. I was recovery from hip replacement @ the time.

Sep 23, 2020, 1:41 PM

What makes this so great is all the different players who had a part in that entire drive:
Watson to CJ Fuller, Leggett, Mike Williams, Scott to Gallman, and of course Renfrow and all the offensive lineman who go unnamed but made it all possible!

Thanks for the post so I could watch again for the 10 thousandth time!

Having experienced that, I am thankful that covid was not

Sep 23, 2020, 1:48 PM

going on then for sure! Everybody was going nuts in the stadium and I don't think anyone cared about personal space for the next hour. Never get tired of watching that video!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Having experienced that, I am thankful that covid was not

Sep 23, 2020, 5:32 PM

Absolutely awesome night in Tampa. some of the things I recall were it was a total mess, that is being very polite, trying to get into the stadium.It was chilly that night for sure. Renfrow probably saved the day tackling the Alabama defensive player that was rumbling toward our end zone in the 3rd quarter. Hurt scored too quickly and the drive was indeed legendary. I gained even more respect for DW4's toughness as Bama hit him hard and often. Everyone was so happy, hugging people you didn't know. It truly was pure joy. My son and I stayed until the stadium was emptied out and then watched highlights on ESPN deep into the night. I think we got to sleep around 3:30-4:00 as we were on a rush. That was a truly magical night. The whole family was in California for the Alabama beatdown, which was great, but for pure excitement, Tampa was on another level. The only downer is I won't be around for the 40th anniversary of either of these championships, but have every expectation of being around for multiple more. Go Tigers!

Sep 23, 2020, 3:11 PM

"They'll talk about that play at Clemson nation forever." D- right we will! Agreed. This will never get old.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might have been the happiest moment in my life

Sep 23, 2020, 6:00 PM

certainly never been more excited.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My favorite Clemson drive of all time***

Sep 23, 2020, 11:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic