Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching game replay: Has the O line actually regressed?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Watching game replay: Has the O line actually regressed?

Nov 29, 2020, 10:59 PM

Dabo was knee deep in some tail in the 3rd quarter. Not only has it killed ETN's rushing yards, but they let TL get hit a LOT last night. Either caught holding, getting beat or wandering down field, LOTS of mistakes being made in late November. Can't figure it. Carmen certainly has no business coming out early, but starting to think new blood is in order for O Line coaching. Flame away, but our O Line and DBs are put Achilles this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching game replay: Has the O line actually regressed?

Nov 29, 2020, 11:32 PM

Absolutely agree that our o-line is the weak link. Whenever you look at when we stalled last night offensively, you can just about look to the O line for the reason - Bockhorst penalty, but mainly letting too much pressure get to TL.

I would have to disagree on our DB’s - I wouldn’t say they are necessarily a weak link at this point.

On Carmen not going out early- it’s a bit ludicrous as there is no earthly reason why our #1 tackle in the nation, top 20 player per 247 from OHIO wouldn’t absolutely be dominating right now. We literally went into the Midwest and snagged an Effin PEARL lineman right from OSU’s backyard. Something is off in our ol development, and I guarantee you Dabo knows it. I do hope we’ll be seeing some changes at the leadership here.

We need OL coaching leadership that can match the intensity of some of the other coaches. It’s just not on the same wavelength. I don’t find the good ol’ boy mentality from Caldwell all that appealing when you put it up against for example Venables and his intensity.

Someone said it on the board earlier. Top, elite o lineman aren’t wanting, for the most part, to play for Robbie Caldwell. It’s an attitude thing, I think Caldwell needs to change his mindset or move on. I just don’t see it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 1:20 AM

More Yds rushing and more ypc than ND had vs. Pitt. And we all know that ND has a great OL and ours sucks.

And the OL had nothing to do with any of the passing yards either.

Poor ETN. Boo hoo. More records this week.. during another win.

Did you notice all the defenders that he drug into the end zone? Neither did I.

This week was a great all-around team win. Period.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OL play needs to improve yes; but

Nov 30, 2020, 1:41 AM

1. name me that studly DL? Bama is good; but not that studly on the DL. Georgia is good on the DL but; yawn and get a nap when they are on offense. So, won't be playing them for a ship.
ND - we played them they stopped us from rushing it. But, we had a freshman QB who was banged up have 400 yards on them! Probably would have had a bunch of rushing yards except he was hurt and our back up wasn't ready!
2. beat ND and VT(first) and you get an opportunity to get better on the OL. We were inexperienced coming into the season. I too can see a change being made as far as OL coaching.

How much of it though is: "no off-season conditioning like normal"? The power these guys need to move DL consistently even when they know you are running it can't be achieved at your house with cement weights in the backyard! Pass blocking on the other hand is much more about skill and technique and communication. This is why I think they pass pro so well!

Run blocking hasn't caught up! But, maybe if there is some sort of break this season we get in the weight room "properly"!
This is why I was so disappointed in the FSU last minute cancellation. I just had a picture of us coming out and come Hades or high water - establish the line of scrimmage! In the game against Pitt, the defense set up the offense so nicely you didn't get a real good shot at seeing! Pitt also as part of their everyday defense loads the box and plays one on one on the outside. So, kind of a bad match up to really tell if your OL is doing a good job or not! Pitt is usually among the best in the country at stopping the run. FSU would have been perfect! VT is more basic on defense and multiple. This game will be huge as far as seeing if getting more physical has been hammered home or not.

Dabo has shown in his young career - he is not afraid to upgrade! As someone else pointed out; Carmen should be dominating! I think the virus affected our run blocking and our OL more than any group because of not having a normal grinding camp full of "getting physical related activities"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OL play needs to improve yes; but

Nov 30, 2020, 5:05 AM

The OL is also allowing pressure on TL as he passes. Of course he is excellent at getting the pass off at the last second, but the defense is coming close and at times sacking him. That has to have an effect. So yep, the OL needs work.

Nov 30, 2020, 7:17 AM

User Logo
jarheadtiger®
Orange Blooded [2954]
TigerPulse: 100%
Watch­ing game replay: Has the O line actually regressed?
Posted: Nov 29, 2020 10:59 PM

Dabo was knee deep in some tail in the 3rd quarter. Not only has it killed ETN's rushing yards, but they let TL get hit a LOT last night. Either caught holding, getting beat or wandering down field, LOTS of mistakes being made in late November. Can't figure it. Carmen certainly has no business coming out early, but starting to think new blood is in order for O Line coaching. Flame away, but our O Line and DBs are put Achilles this year.

YEP THEM 500 YARDS AND 50 POINTS A GAME ARE JUST UNACCEPTABLE. WHERE DO THEY FIND YOU PEPLE. SMFH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 7:44 AM

Some of these folks have watched too much Sportscenter, they can’t stand it unless it’s a touchdown or turnover every play.

Nov 30, 2020, 8:26 AM

First, we zone block on most running plays outside red zone. So if the D plays 7 in the box and fills the gaps, there is nowhere to go. Every now and then we get a gap.

Not sure where Carmen’s head was on Saturday. He let D End get around him 3 times. That’s basic stuff. On one he Doubled up the tackle and the D end wasn’t touched. Not sure what happened there. Hope he stays. He’s best we got.

Fumble was blind side. Carmen has to watch Trevor’s back when he steps up.

The way to beat Clemson is load the box, single cover the receivers and don’t give TL time to throw downfield.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic