Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching Sportscenter this morning and it hit me............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Watching Sportscenter this morning and it hit me............

Dec 21, 2020, 7:34 PM

all the NFL "experts" talking about the Jets and how they screwed up by winning yesterday. Per these pundits, they have, in effect, cost themselves a chance at drafting the best player in college FB, a truly generational QB, etc. etc.

Now, I totally agree with them but if Trevor is this player, then how in he world does he not win the Heisman this year? Look back and he is rated higher than the last 3 QBS who were all Heisman winners and ultimate #1 draft picks, Mayfield, Murray and Burrow.

As much as DeShaun deserved the award and got jobbed, this cannot happen again. If Trevor does not win the Heisman in 2020, there is no legitimacy left in college football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Army can't get a bowl invite and the 2 win Coots did

Dec 21, 2020, 7:35 PM

What was that about legitimacy?

Re: Watching Sportscenter this morning and it hit me............

Dec 21, 2020, 7:44 PM

Dabo said it. The Heisman is a stats award. Some have better stats than Trevor. He missed two games, doesn’t play in third and forth quarters! Etc so his stats are not inflated like some other players. But he is absolutely in the best 1% of all players.

Dec 21, 2020, 8:00 PM

I am going to get just as upset about this as Trevor - zero.

I am sure he would rather win a 2nd Natty. Who was the last QB to do that ?

AJ McCarron 2011 & 2012

Tommie Frazier 1994 & 1995

Dec 21, 2020, 8:02 PM

Just as Dabo said after our win over ND, he said what I have been saying for years, and when he said with a camera and mic in his face that the Heisman has become a stat award, and that's what I say, the sport media pick their favorite player that has padded their stats by playing teams that couldn't stop them, and that's how they pick their heisman favorite, from players padding their stats long after they have won the game.

And those are the media darlings that they vote for. But those player don't come anything close to the type of player that the heisman was originally gave to!!! If John Heisman was still living, he would make them take his name off of the stat award that the sports media has pushed the heisman to become, and I absolutely believe every word I've said has happen to what was once a great award bc, the Heisman Trophy was once for the one player that used his athletic ability in every conceivable way possible to help his team to win games. That my friends is type of player that the Heisman Trophy was meant to be for, and it wasn't about stats, it was about a special player doing everything possible to help a team to win FB games!!!! CJ Spiller was a true Heisman type player if there ever was one, and when CJ was dissed the way he was, I've never believed in the Heisman trophy award again. That was it for me!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic