Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watched the abridged version on Youtube, KB didn't play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Watched the abridged version on Youtube, KB didn't play

Jan 3, 2018, 10:26 AM

as bad as I thought. OL was awful and a couple of drops from the WRs contributed to the poor numbers. KB got happy feet a lot, but that was after the OL proved it wasn't going to protect well. Also, on what was the biggest play of the game (first INT) #9 should have picked up the guy that hit KB. Looked like we might have had an open receiver deep on that play. Not saying that KB played well, but he wasn't helped a lot by his teammates.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watched the abridged version on Youtube, KB didn't play

Jan 3, 2018, 10:28 AM

Decent QB play will never be good enough to beat BAMA.
KB didn't lose the game for us but he certainly didn't win it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 10:41 AM

And we shouldn't expect one person to have to win the game alone. Two things that changed the game, Deon's first drop on 3rd down, and not scoring 7 on Bama's fumble. If those two things are executed, it's a different ball game. Just like Dabo says- Championship football comes down to just a few plays.

Jan 3, 2018, 11:09 AM

Nailed it

Jan 3, 2018, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Watched the abridged version on Youtube, KB didn't play ]

Even with the Deon drop and only getting 3 on TO, we were down 10-6 and moving the ball. The play of the game was definitely the first INT. Couple of plays later the 2nd INT occurred and the game was over. If we score to go up 13-10, then it's a completely different game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You seem to have a very high opinion of stidham.***

Jan 3, 2018, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Watched the abridged version on Youtube, KB didn't play ]

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 3, 2018, 11:39 AM

KB was terrible on the Read Option. Dabo was in his and Streeter's ### about it on sidelines (at least I think that what he was losing his mind over)??

The Cain drop was huge, would have at least flipped the field. Then when he does make a catch he taunts the Bama guy. That easily could have been called. He needs another year in collage

We know ETN does not pick up the blitz well and if we know that then Bama sure knows that too.

Bama was ready to play from the kickoff and we picked a bad time to have a bad night

Jan 3, 2018, 11:48 AM

#9 shouldn't have been playing at that point. May have cost us the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 11:50 AM

You keep saying this, but it is an uneducated opinion.

If you want to have a chat with the medical staff and then comment on it then go ahead, but to do so without the medical knowledge as well as not examining ETN on that night is stupid.

Jan 3, 2018, 12:55 PM

He should not have been in if we were throwing a deep ball knowing they will blitz.

Jan 3, 2018, 2:08 PM

It was 2nd and 2, a running down. Why would they take him out and broadcast to the defense a pass was coming? And also we were running tempo after the great first down gain, you don’t sub in those situations. Pretty self explanatory.

I thought you were a football guru? At least that’s what you told me on an anonymous internet message board.

Jan 3, 2018, 12:55 PM

I think it was on the RT not etn.

Jan 3, 2018, 1:16 PM

Agree- it was RT. It was not blitzers marching through the line untouched, it was the Bama DE.

Jan 3, 2018, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Watched the abridged version on Youtube, KB didn't play ]

Exactly!! The right tackle was at fault not ETN.

Jan 3, 2018, 3:02 PM

It was the right tackle who missed his block. Also everyone is saying throw the deep ball but let me ask this who was going to catch it? Tee Higgins was out of the game. Deon isn't dependable, will not fight for nor jump up and high point the ball to save his life. Overton was the only chance and they didn't play him much down the field. We don't have a tight end who can stretch the field. This group of receivers were a let down this year. Honestly DW4 was a little inaccurate a lot of the time but Mike, Scott, Renfrow and Leggett all jumped, stretched, twisted in the air, blocked DBs out with their bodies and did whatever they had to do to get the ball in critical times. We don't have that. Tee Higgins is coming along but if a qb can't trust that the receivers will fight for the ball he will be hesitant in throwing it. Heck if he is throwing to you and you open and dropping balls then he definitely can't have much confidence that all his down field throws won't be picked off. Remember that last drive when we won the Natty Jordan Leggett almost got a hernia straining every body part from his toes to his finger tips to catch that ball that DW4 threw that was far right of him. Mike Williams climbed Jacobs ladder to get that catch. Hunter Renfrow dug ditches to drop low and scoop balls up before it touched the turf. Look at the games last year and the fight on the ground and in the air that those WR/TE showed in the critical moments. Yeah they had a lot of drops too but when the game is on the line the had a fight on a whole other level, that this group of receivers hasn't shown all year. I am not saying KB is perfect but neither was DW4 but those receivers covered for his mistakes and he covered theirs, that wasn't the case this yr btwn the QB and WRs/TEs.

Jan 3, 2018, 3:25 PM

The problem is we never had the ability as offensive coaches to call or have plays that benefited our players. We had great talent but not a scheme to show their talent. Poor coaching? I would say YES. KB needs to quit dipping when he receives the snap from center. It delays his ability to see and react and gives the defense an edge. Please coaches, you have got to improve. We are too good to ever be overmatched.

Jan 3, 2018, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Watched the abridged version on Youtube, KB didn't play ]

RT got beat, ETN looked like he was there to provide assistance. TL;DR for the rest of it. But I think it's kind of what I said.

Jan 3, 2018, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Watched the abridged version on Youtube, KB didn't play ]

Bama blitzed the left end all night and our coaches did nothing to stop it. That's what I am talking about. We can't change or see what to do during the game and makes things go well. Our talent covers for poor schemes and poor plays.

True. I still hope we go back to WRU next year and have...

Jan 3, 2018, 3:30 PM

a different starter.

Jan 3, 2018, 4:13 PM

I have rewatched it as well and he played as bad as I thought he did when I saw the game. I agree the receivers needed to step it up a notch but drops happen every game, just part of it. The OL definitely didn’t block as well as the could have but many seem to forget that 4/5 are the same linemen that beat Bama last year and the truth is they didn’t block that well last year either until Bama’s D started to wear down middle to end of the 3rd quarter.

The big diff was an elite QB in DW. DW was able to do things to help the O Line. He was able to move the pocket creating time for the receivers, get the ball out quickly, and keep the D honest by hitting the Intermediate and long ball pretty consistently. He simply had a great pocket presence and was uncanny in his ability to feel the pressure coming. That allowed him to avoid it when he moved the pocket and he did so looking down field for the receiver that was now coming open.

Bama dared the Tigers to pass the ball and for KB to beat them with his arm and he simply couldn’t do it. He has had accuracy issues on anything 15+ yards all year, we simply didn’t face a team before Bama that completely shut down the run game. He made the wrong read on way to many plays tucking and running way to much (that is what Dabo was railing him for, he tucked and ran way to early on that 3rd and 15 play when he stood no chance of scrambling for 15) when he needed to move the pocket to help the O line and give the receivers another second to come free.

KB is a great Tiger but he is not an elite QB and you have to have one to beat Bama. The O this year was taylored to KB’s strengths and that is running. As a result the Tigers were a run heavy team this year compared to previous years. The problem with that is you can’t simply line up and out Bama Bama unless you have an elite OL to go with your elite D. We simply don’t have that and won’t next year either.

KB could start next year and IMO we would most likely win the ACC again with 1 loss at most and make it back to the CFP. The problem then becomes Bama will be there waiting and unless we suddenly come up with an elite OL between now and then, we would likely end up not beating them again. That is why IMO Dabo and the staff need to make the decision right now that either HJ or TL will start from day 1, determine which in spring practice/fall camp, and stick with it. That way when we make it back to the CFP this year and Bama is there as well, the Tigers will have a QB with the arm to beat them and he will have a whole season’s experience to do it with.

Jan 3, 2018, 5:22 PM

Jarrett Stidham is elite?

The offense just didn't show up, including the coaching and playcalling.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic