Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watched 1st half replay. 2 very un-trevor like throws...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,130

Watched 1st half replay. 2 very un-trevor like throws...

Jan 20, 2020, 4:38 PM

It was basically back to back plays I believe. LSU just scored to make it 17-14.

1st down: ETN runs for no gain
2nd down: ETN runs for 12 yd gain plus 15yd facemask (CAN YOU BELIEVE WE HANDED IT TO HIM TWICE??)

BOOM, we crossed the 50 yd line.

1st down: Pass to Amari way over his head, wide open, and Amari almost gets killt.
2nd down: Pass to ETN for 1 yd (super obvious playcall with ETN lined up in slot)
3rd down: Pass to Higgins - open on a comeback, but TL just rushed it and another awful throw.

LSU's defense was completely gassed. It's easy to say that hindsight, we should've leaned on ETN right there, but those plays were open. Now, what's insane, is how we just completely went away from ETN in the 3rd quarter, but that's another story.

Bottom line is, those were 2 back to back very uncharacteristic throws by TL. He started pressing later in the game, but those were a couple easy ones that really killed our momentum. But hey, it happens. LSU scores. Then we commit an AWFUL PI, and then Boom, they're up 11.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and that awful DPI we committed should been an INT

Jan 20, 2020, 4:41 PM

Kendrick never looked for the ball - if he had it was an easy pick and we'd been in scoring position with about 1:00 to in half.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and that awful DPI we committed should been an INT

Jan 20, 2020, 6:01 PM

Yep, that was a huge momentum swing. Easy 14 point potential swing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and that awful DPI we committed should been an INT

Jan 20, 2020, 8:54 PM [ in reply to and that awful DPI we committed should been an INT ]

we were rarely in phase with wr's that game. late in the year looking for the ball and awareness of it was lacking

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watched 1st half replay. 2 very un-trevor like throws...

Jan 20, 2020, 6:21 PM

Yeah I saw that. LSU did something similar to Bama and went up 33-13. But Bama scored 4 more TD’s and even though the outcome was almost never in doubt, there was a split second when it looked like Bama could win, right before that onside kick. But when LSU did it to Clemson, Clemson was really just outclassed and didn’t have any answer in the 2nd half. I had an LSU friend who was at the game, told me that the dome lost energy from LSU fans in the 3rd because they knew it was in the bag. He said everyone was starting to feel sorry for Clemson and Dabo, who was probably wondering why God didn’t show up that night.

Jan 22, 2020, 2:54 PM

most of the air went out of the building when they called the PI on Higgins, all the air went out of the building when TL fumbled... if they don't call PI its a 3 point game...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 3:16 PM

I was actually nervous after we got that defensive PI call that went our way and I don’t think our guy even touched him, I swear that “makeup calls” are a thing. I’m trying to find it online.

Jan 20, 2020, 6:29 PM

Quite frankly, I thought they’d run TL more. That’s what opened it up with OSU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Haven’t found game to re-watch but seems we messed up way too often..

Jan 20, 2020, 6:33 PM

On O & D to win as we hoped. Happens to the best but still difficult to stomach.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,130
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic