Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was there too much talk of 30-0?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Was there too much talk of 30-0?

Jan 21, 2020, 9:19 AM

I recall several players talking publicly about 30-0. Doesn’t this go against just focus on the next one? I’m not here to throw shade, just thinking back to the lead up to the game. I also remember Dabo talking about, “no matter what happens with the game, I still love my guys and they have accomplished a lot”.

To me there were some negative mojo going on before the game. Something that I have never seen or heard before. Just odd.

Message was edited by: baker5801®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was there too much talk of 30-0?

Jan 21, 2020, 9:30 AM

There is good and bad in most things. If we had won, would the narrative have been that we did it partly on the motivation of getting to 30-0. It is tough to concentrate on the smaller goals when you are thinking about bigger ones. It is also tough to motivate yourself for smaller goals without having something bigger for them to lead to. You just have to find a happy medium.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2020, 9:31 AM

Yes, especially on Tigernet. The arrogance of those on this board toward any and all other college football teams and their fans was almost unbearable. Karma is a B*****.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2020, 10:12 AM

you remain a b****

Jan 21, 2020, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Was there too much talk of 30-0? ]

Man, it stinks that the players and coaches had to suffer the most all because karma decided to smack down a few arrogant t-net posters. You would think karma could find a better way to punish those few.

Jan 21, 2020, 2:23 PM

Circle of life. Butterfly effect. Call it what you will.

Karma does what it wants.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2020, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Was there too much talk of 30-0? ]

You did it again ! Dumbest post of the day. I think you might have some tail feathers

you are glad that we lost because people on the board

Jan 21, 2020, 11:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Was there too much talk of 30-0? ]

Were arrogant?

Interesting

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2020, 9:35 AM

Well the only problem with your logic is that 30-0 was the next one.

If we lost to OSU while talking about 30-0 then I would agree.

However, 30-0 was right in front of us and we couldn't quite make it.

If you are looking for misplaced focus, I think the fact that our offensive players spent time talking about LSU's offense caused some problems in the game.

We were fine while the defense was stopping LSU, but once LSU started to score it seemed that our offense from the coaches down was busy trying to compete with LSU's offense instead of trying to compete with LSU's defense.

Jan 21, 2020, 10:10 AM

"We were fine while the defense was stopping LSU, but once LSU started to score it seemed that our offense from the coaches down was busy trying to compete with LSU's offense instead of trying to compete with LSU's defense."

I don't think that you could be more correct in that assessment. It certainly seemed like we started trying to beat them at their game rather than playing ours.

I hate it as much as anyone, but

Jan 21, 2020, 10:03 AM

the fact is that LSU was the best team in the country this year. No amount of talking was going to change that. The good news is, all those thug idiots are gone so LSU is 1 and done. This year is ours to lose. GO CLEMSON TIGERS!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate it as much as anyone, but

Jan 21, 2020, 10:18 AM

That’s true and I agree no doubt, LSU was the better team. Calling them thug idiots, cmon man.

Jan 21, 2020, 10:35 PM

Also make no mistake about it, LSU still has a lot coming back. I was blown away by Chase but Burrow was 80% of that. I doubt they make the playoffs but I’m done underestimating O, even though he’s an idiot and sucks with X’s and O’s, he did recruit most of the offense (and Burrow developed nicely, even though that will never happen again). I will admit I’m still lurking around on TD (still licking my wounds after that loss). But with TL next year, no North Carolina and an overrated Notre Dame next year, I think we easily make the playoffs.

Jan 21, 2020, 1:45 PM [ in reply to I hate it as much as anyone, but ]

This statement may be the end of discussion...It hit the hammer on the nail ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2020, 1:38 PM

But, they would have been 30-0 had they won! If they had been talking about 31-0, then I would have had a problem.

Jan 21, 2020, 1:42 PM

What players name them and where did you hear them say this.

"Only those who risk going too far....

Jan 21, 2020, 1:47 PM

will know how far they can possibly go."

Jan 21, 2020, 2:04 PM

Especially Trevor talking up 29-0 ...
Of Course Swinney has to take credit for this with all his CFP politics ... Example: We’ll be 50-0 and still be underdogs ... Not smart!!!

Just as we road grader’d Bama in 2018, LSU road grader’d us in 2019 ... Hard Facts:

1. We lack offensive sophistication to match up with LSU (628 yards on a Venables Dee) ...
2: We lack defensive back capabilities to stop a sophisticated attack such as LSU
3. We didn’t know what hit us after it was over well 81 plays for LSU vs 65 plays Clemson and getting kicked 35-8 to finish the game once LSU found our Achilles.

It’s been a good run. We’ve been playing Bama Ball better than Saban lately and that just don’t cut it anymore. Carolina Panthers had enough! They bought Joe Brady! Drew Brees Ball works. Time to overhaul our offensive schemes (Bama is doing it) or just get ready to get kicked again ... 48% pass completions for the 2020 preseason Heisman Award Leader vs LSU? 54% against OSU?

It needs fixing ...

As for our dee getting schooled, that’s on recruiting and the secondary coaches! 628 yards on 81 plays ... Just not Athletic enough

Jan 21, 2020, 4:09 PM

We were plenty athletic enough for 15 1/2 games. LSU had an incredible year. I agree with you about the offensive schemes. We have play makers galore and basically stuck with two plays in the second half- throw left to Tee and throw right to Justyn. Didn't take long for Aranda to figure that out. I'll say it again, when all else fails, give the rock to Travis! And please open up the middle of the field with Amari and Braden. Amen?

Jan 21, 2020, 10:38 PM

Next year they are looking at Pellini. If Brennan isn’t a total fold, LSU still probably won’t get into the playoffs because even with their recruiting the SEC is just too tough, but even if they do, Pellini is a dinosaur, can’t keep up with the passing game.

Jan 21, 2020, 8:40 PM

There was just too much talk in general. Too long of a break before the semi and the championship game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Jan 22, 2020, 2:06 AM

Nope - don’t think so ... Think the main problem was that some very great - yes .. even generational players .. had less than stellar game ... Happens .. and - it did ... jmho

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

No.

Jan 22, 2020, 7:05 AM

hthia

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic