Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Want to transfer to Clemson from out of state community college. Need help.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Want to transfer to Clemson from out of state community college. Need help.

May 27, 2018, 4:34 PM

Hello, Tiger Net. I would like to transfer to Clemson University to major in Agribusiness, but I am unsure of my chances of being accepted. I am a community college student from Suffolk County Community College in New York. I'm graduating with my associates degree soon, but I only have a 2.8 GPA (I partied a little too much early on). I am planning on applying to CAFLS for spring semester of 2019. I know how competitive Clemson is, but I still would like to give it a shot even though I know my chances are slim. I am not choosing Agribusiness just to get in. I have always had a passion for agriculture, and I genuinely want to major in that field.

In short, I would like to know what my chances are of getting in, and what I could do to increase the likelihood of getting accepted. Also if they give me Bridge, I will gladly take it. Thanks for the help, and GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Want to transfer to Clemson from out of state community college. Need help.

May 27, 2018, 4:58 PM

Have no idea what your chances are- a lot depends on spots available in major, how many credits transfer, past SAT or other numbers- might as well give it the old college try!

Call the department and ask them. Most of the people over

May 27, 2018, 9:39 PM

there are good people.

You must be extremely intelligent. I partied also and my GPA was 2.00000000001. Good luck to you. I have no incite on your request though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome GS. I'm sure you realize this is a site where fans and alumni post mostly about sports with some miscellaneous topics thrown in. We wish you luck, but I don't think any of us have a magic formula for gaining admission to the university. There is a student recruitment coordinator for Agribusiness so I would start there:

http://www.clemson.edu/degrees/agribusiness

Good luck!

May 27, 2018, 6:45 PM

Thanks for the help, man. I will definitely look into it.

May 27, 2018, 5:12 PM

The general GPA requirement for transfer admission is a 2.5. But if I was you, I’d contact Transfer Admissons. Get a list of courses that will definitely transfer into your major. Do well in those...showing some quality in some rigorous courses down the stretch will help. Good luck.

Sounds like the community college from whence

May 27, 2018, 5:20 PM

you wish to transfer is located in Columbia SC....and if thats the case, you probably already know you can't gain admission....member since today???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like the community college from whence

May 27, 2018, 6:36 PM

No, unfortunately it's in Selden, NY. I live on Long Island, was born in Smithtown, and went to Smithtown High School East,Though I do hope to move to SC one day. Living in New York is terrible and I don't recommend it.

Are you accusing me of being a coot?

May 27, 2018, 7:13 PM

Wish you well in getting into Clemson. I am from NJ and graduated from Clemson. There is something in these hills and after 46 years I have moved back to the Clemson area and love it. Going to NJ for my 50th high school reunion this week and will no doubt look forward to getting back to SC after the event.

As others have noted, hard to say the best way to transfer but never give up. It will be worth all the time and effort to be a part of the Clemson family.

Orange blooded Yankee that I am wishes you well.

May 27, 2018, 8:07 PM

Thank you, my brother. I did some research and found out that my college has grade forgiveness.The old grade is still visible, but the better one is what counts for GPA on a Suffolk transctipt. I'm going to see about retaking some classes I got D's in to try to get that 3.0 average. I think Clemson admissions will feel much better about me if I show that I made up for my mistakes.

May 27, 2018, 7:55 PM

You should be fine. They love the out of state $$$$

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic