Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Want to be part of the coronavirus solution?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Want to be part of the coronavirus solution?

Apr 23, 2020, 8:41 AM

Are you under age 60 and healthy (ie no known risk factors)? There will be no vaccine for atleast a year maybe longer. However, we can be the vaccine in the interim. If the data explained in this op-ed is correct, millions of Americans should go back into society, take one for the team and become the vaccine by donating convalescent plasma and providing a network of virus blockers for the vulnerable. If you are one of the vulnerable, continue isolating for now. We will be your plasma treatment if you do become ill. Millions of Americans generating antibodies is just about the only lifeline for vulnerable populations in Africa and India. Each of Us can save lives.

Now hear me, the lockdown has served it’s purpose to prevent overrun of our health system and buy time for test kits and building an stockpile of convalescent plasma.

Please consider that it’s time to move into phase two of public policy.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/494034-the-data-are-in-stop-the-panic-and-end-the-total-isolation

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I completely agree!***

Apr 23, 2020, 8:46 AM

Re: Want to be part of the coronavirus solution?

Apr 23, 2020, 8:51 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2020, 8:57 AM

Shhhhh! Get outta here with that common sense. The retired and independently wealthy on here want us to stay in our homes forever and postpone herd immunity for at least 10 more years.

Apr 23, 2020, 9:35 AM

Shhhhh! Get outta here with that common sense. The retired and independently wealthy on here want us to stay in our homes forever and postpone herd immunity for at least 10 more years.

The deep pocket IPTAY donors will do a 180 once they hear the football season is getting canceled.

Is it time for the "Chicken Pox parties"

Apr 23, 2020, 9:30 AM

of yester year?

Apr 23, 2020, 9:39 AM

If POTUS said , "Everyone needs to shelter in place longer," then they would take the opposite view on that as well and would be calling him a dictator. It's very predictable.

Their solution is to just oppose anything Orange Man suggests while claiming to know what he is thinking at any given moment.

Apr 23, 2020, 9:49 AM

If POTUS said , "Everyone needs to shelter in place longer," then they would take the opposite view on that as well and would be calling him a dictator. It's very predictable.

Their solution is to just oppose anything Orange Man suggests while claiming to know what he is thinking at any given moment.

Please note: not trying to make this a Trump vs Media commentary. There’s the beginning of the collection of actual empirical data that may guide us towards an approach that provides treatment for the vulnerable if convalescent plasma actually helps the severely sick. It would prevent the need for ventilators which I understand is not good odds to survive if it gets that bad.

You don’t hardly hear anything about the path forward except that easing the lockdown will get people killed. I’m not convinced this is the only approach, and that slowly working towards herd immunity can possibly save lives.

Apr 23, 2020, 10:17 AM

So I put a lot of emphasis on convalescent plasma as a potential treatment. Here is some helpful info from the Mayo clinic about the investigation into the plasma treatments.

https://discoverysedge.mayo.edu/2020/04/06/convalescent-plasma-a-therapy-for-covid-19/

Apr 23, 2020, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Want to be part of the coronavirus solution? ]

Well stated.

Amen. I'd just add, getting testing out asap.

Apr 23, 2020, 9:45 AM

And we're good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2020, 10:26 AM

Accidentally TDd you with my chubby thumbs. Gave you 2 more TU to make it up.

Apr 23, 2020, 10:46 AM

Pretty sure I survived a/the virus. Had nausea during the duration of JudgeKeller's last thread on brownlee. Anyhoo, this whole plasma extraction business sounds inconvenient. Are there any other bodily fluids that could be donated, let's say, in a more mutually enjoyable fashion?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2020, 12:29 PM

You're exactly right! And thanks for "going out on a limb" to share it. The reality we allow the media to sweep under the rug is that 50% of the people who get this virus have no symptoms whatsoever. Another 27% have very mild symptoms. Only 6% of the people who get the virus will have serious, or life threatening, symptoms. A Stanford University study reveals that the likelihood of a 65 year old male in good health dying from COVID 19 is the same risk he faces getting in to his car to drive to work each day. And a report out of New York this morning reveals that 95% of those hospitalized with COVID 19 had other serious health issues (diabetes, hypertension, asthma, obesity, etc). It's time for the American people to wise up. No doubt many have died, and many more will too. The same is true of influenza. Yet we can't stop living out of the fear of dying. It's time to get back to living, while taking every precaution to prevent the spread of this dreaded enemy. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic