Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hmmmmm.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Hmmmmm.......

Jan 27, 2019, 12:05 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmmmmm.......

Jan 27, 2019, 12:55 PM

They want Trump to look like a buffoon. That's all that it is about imo.

Agree, but they also look like buffoons in the process***

Jan 27, 2019, 12:57 PM

Re: Agree, but they also look like buffoons in the process***

Jan 27, 2019, 1:20 PM

Somewhat, but they know Trump will look more foolish than they will when 2020 rolls around and Trump didn't get his wall and Mexico didn't pay for anything. They can't wait for that. They will play funny clips of Trump over and over claiming that Mexico will pay for it. They will try to make him look like a charlatan. Thy are just playing politics. For all we know they think that building a little more wall is a good idea.

Jan 28, 2019, 9:53 AM

So, they're just gunna do exactly what they did in 2016 huh?

Jan 28, 2019, 10:44 AM

What did they do?

Jan 28, 2019, 12:43 PM

Carlsbad® said:

They will play funny clips of Trump over and over claiming that Mexico will pay for it.

Worked great the first time eh?

It's a zero sum game. Trump looks worse this time.***

Jan 28, 2019, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Agree, but they also look like buffoons in the process*** ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And hypocrites....***

Jan 27, 2019, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmmmm....... ]

Re: And hypocrites....***

Jan 27, 2019, 1:21 PM

Both parties can claim that honor.

Americans blame Trump by a wide margin.

Jan 27, 2019, 2:08 PM

And rightfully so.

You're pissing in the wind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Walls are immoral

Jan 27, 2019, 3:13 PM

now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Walls are immoral

Jan 27, 2019, 3:19 PM

Yeah they need to get away from that. They don't gain votes with that. They also talk out of both sides of their mouth. They say the smart wall and technology are more effective, but then they say physical walls are immoral, but that they don't work. If the smart technology stops more illegal immigrants, than why don't they think that is immoral too? I don't get their rationale.

Like you said, it's all political. Totally void of any

Jan 27, 2019, 3:32 PM

honesty or sincerity whatsoever. Anything goes in the name of destroying Trump and gaining power. The citizens and the country be *amned.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 27, 2019, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Walls are immoral ]

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone actually say that. Maybe some far left nut job.

What those on the left seem to point out that is immoral is trump painting every one coming across the southern border as a drug dealer or rapist when the vast majority of them are simply seeking a better life.

The stats prove that but when you post stats they get ignored....

Jan 27, 2019, 5:11 PM

Nancy Pelosi said the wall would be immoral. Julian Castro also said the wall was immoral. He said this morning in an interview I watched.

Jan 27, 2019, 6:51 PM

She said the symbol of America should be the statue of liberty not a wall and I agree.

Jan 27, 2019, 6:54 PM

I agree with that, but having a wall in certain areas doesn't change that a bit. The wall in certain areas is not immoral. It's common sense. We still have the Statue of Liberty as a symbol.

Jan 27, 2019, 8:02 PM

So why does Trump feel the need to lie and use the rhetoric he does about illegal immigrants and if the statistics prove they are less likely to commit crimes why are we wanting to spend billions of dollars on this and shut the government down if it doesn’t get done?

NOBODY is suggesting just letting people freely cross the border and if the democrats were on board before Trump it’s his fault he didn’t keep them on board. That’s what good leaders do but he’s clearly not one.

Jan 27, 2019, 8:09 PM

Trump has to lie because he uses it to get support and scare people. He has to at like he is the one that will save them. He has always said crazy things. It's the same reason he tried to claim that Obama was a secret Muslim from Kenya. There is a certain section of the US that buys into that stuff. Now since he he promised the wall he has to get it to not look like a complete buffoon. Promising Mexico would pay for it was bad enough, but no wall at all would be a disaster for him.

Jan 27, 2019, 8:51 PM

So if you know Trump is pushing a false narrative why do you want your tax money going to this wall?

Jan 27, 2019, 9:08 PM

I don't. I don't want him to get his wall. I just know that it is needed in certain spots, such as Tijuana, and that one shouldn't be torn down, and it is not immoral.

Jan 27, 2019, 9:25 PM

There may be a deeper immoral reason that people want the wall considering they know most people are just trying to find a better life. It’s also a proven fact that most drugs come through legal ports of entry. I think most people who have committed acts of terror are either homegrown or were here legally also.

There wasn’t mass hysteria over this either until Trump came along. The only time I see Hispanics is when I’m driving through a neighborhood that is adding homes or eating Mexican.

Jan 27, 2019, 9:34 PM

I don't think it's immoral to not have basically open borders. The world is chaotic. I don't think the US can take everyone. I have spent many many months in most of Central America, so I am aware of the poverty and violence. I want legal immigration and I support the wall in certain spots and it's not because of drugs coming across the border. I don't care about that issue. I am all for immigrants applying for asylum at the border.

I guess you missed this:

Jan 27, 2019, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Walls are immoral ]

She says "a wall is an immorality" three times in this clip. Do you believe the speaker of the house is a far left nut job? If so, I would agree with you. Also, Trump NEVER said that all people who come across the southern border are drug dealers or rapists, nor was that what he was implying at all; anybody with a lick of sense knows that. It would be like claiming that Pelosi thinks all walls are immoral, including the ones in her house, in your house, and in every building on earth. Taken in context, sentient adults who have not suffered severe head trauma know that's not at all what she's talking about. Quite simply, only and idiot would think she's talking about all walls, and only an idiot thinks Trump was referring to all people crossing the southern border. I also agree that the staue of liberty is a more fitting symbol of America; it is and will continue to be, no matter how hard Pelosi and her nutjob ilk try to make it a wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd3fynanB5E

- H. L. Mencken

Well he did say aside from some "far left nutjob" so....***

Jan 28, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Walls are immoral ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Jan 27, 2019, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Walls are immoral ]

The guests on MSNBC right now are saying that Kamala Harris should have gone down to Tijuana today for her presidential announcement speech, and while there, should have said, "Tear down this wall!". That is insane. They are trying to lose this next election with that that talk. Most people know we need a wall at the Tijuana border. I am not pro wall like Trump wants, but common sense says we need one in places like the Tijuana area.

All I can do is laugh at that.***

Jan 27, 2019, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Walls are immoral ]

- H. L. Mencken

Hey Bengaline,

Jan 27, 2019, 5:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n-Y4TIgktg

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic