Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WSJ article today titled: “Football’s Most Essential Workers” & how Jeff Scott’s
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

WSJ article today titled: “Football’s Most Essential Workers” & how Jeff Scott’s

Oct 15, 2020, 9:52 AM

team at USF was affected.

That essential worker is: the Long Snapper.

Nobody pays any attention to them unless something goes horribly awry..and Jeff found out the hard way at Notre Dame on Sept 19 when an early season knee injury knocked out the 1st string long snapper center..

and the 2nd stringer couldn’t travel due to testing positive for coronavirus, and the 3rd stringer’s 1st long snap was off the mark & resulted in a rushed kick that went only for a net one yard..while his 2nd errant snap caused a block punt.

That’s when Coach Scott (formerly Co-O coach at Clemson) asked his QB to do a “pooch punt”, which worked.

Now, how is Clemson doing with having more than one long snapper?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WSJ article today titled: “Football’s Most Essential Workers” & how Jeff Scott’s

Oct 15, 2020, 9:59 AM

Our plan is to try not to get a 4th down on our side of the field if our long snapper is out.

It's not foolproof but I think it's a pretty good strategy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WSJ article today titled: “Football’s Most Essential Workers” & how Jeff Scott’s

Oct 15, 2020, 10:49 AM

We need to worry more about blocking on field goals. All three blocks came in the same spot Saturday. Never an adjustment in game. Same guy. Same technique. Didnt hurt us but it was shockingly poor coaching and execution. Never seen us do anything like that under Dabo

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2020, 10:53 AM

Yep, we're grateful the Tigers learned this now instead of in a close game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2020, 11:51 AM

True. Some attempt at adjusting and learning in game would have been nice though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2020, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: WSJ article today titled: “Football’s Most Essential Workers” & how Jeff Scott’s ]

74TIGER said:

We need to worry more about blocking on field goals. All three blocks came in the same spot Saturday. Never an adjustment in game. Same guy. Same technique. Didnt hurt us but it was shockingly poor coaching and execution. Never seen us do anything like that under Dabo

You need to re-watch. Two from the same place one from another, but both from the right side. At least one new person on FG on that side for that game that I can tell. Poor execution, but it's really on the coaches. They will get it fixed this week, i'm sure.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2020, 11:44 AM

A long pass lobbed directly to the DB most wanting to increase their interceptions total would work as well.

Oct 15, 2020, 11:56 AM

What is a “pouch kick”? That’s a new one on me!

Pooch, but dang corrector

Oct 15, 2020, 2:03 PM

changed it to “pouch” without me noticing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic