Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know lots of Upstate Tiger fans find fault with/WCCP...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I know lots of Upstate Tiger fans find fault with/WCCP...

Dec 23, 2016, 8:21 AM

especially the afternoon drive time host--but every day you should thank kismet your sports radio options are not in the chicken markets of the Midlands or the Lowcountry.

Here, hosted largely by chicken grads (as are the newspaper sports and local TV sports), the undercurrent of venality aimed at our university and it's athletic programs is nearly inescapable'---and this is in spite of tepid attempts to include Clemson-related interviews and updates to foster a false veneer of lack of bias. The snide comments and derisive anecdotes aimed at Clemson never cease.

Wanna hear in-depth analyses of usuck's depth at offensive tackle or weak-side safety as the chickens prep for their bowl game??---Or unending compliments about usuck's successful season that got them invited to Birmingham??---Tune in Monday thru Friday. Meanwhile, THAT school in the Upstate gets very uninspired, perfunctory, brief reports as the Tigers prep for an attempt at returning to the national championship game. Whatever national notice Clemson gets is good because one would never realize the magnitude of their accomplishments by listening to local Midlands/Lowcountry sports media.

Its little wonder few Clemson fans participate during call-in segments. It wouldn't matter anyhow.

So Tiger fans who can listen to WCCP without the aid of satellite or internet, put yourself in the shoes of those whose ears bleed from the Daily Chicken before complaining TOO loudly...But don't ease up on Deptula...??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WCCP isn't that bad. People just like to #####.***

Dec 23, 2016, 8:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: WCCP isn't that bad. People just like to #####.***

Dec 23, 2016, 8:30 AM

Exactly

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2016, 8:31 AM [ in reply to WCCP isn't that bad. People just like to #####.*** ]

Agree!

Dec 23, 2016, 9:44 AM [ in reply to WCCP isn't that bad. People just like to #####.*** ]

I'm sorry but qualk and Walt absolutely s uck

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2016, 10:17 AM

Theyre still so much better than Mike Legg and Bobby Hartin in Charleston.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: WCCP isn't that bad. People just like to #####.

Dec 23, 2016, 10:30 AM [ in reply to WCCP isn't that bad. People just like to #####.*** ]

Horrible hack station.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Care to go into details on why?

Dec 23, 2016, 10:57 AM

That's all people ever say about WCCP. Never any details.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Care to go into details on why?

Dec 23, 2016, 11:46 AM

full of local bozos with no talent who sound like they are broadcasting from mom's basement.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know lots of Upstate Tiger fans find fault with/WCCP...

Dec 23, 2016, 8:27 AM

I lived in Myrtle Beach for 6 years.....I've thoroughly enjoyed WCCP the Roar since I've moved back to Greenville. Even Walt makes me laugh....I think they have a great team! I don't always agree but it is very enjoyable, esp. after years of chicken talk or basic ESPN radio. Kelly and Zack are my favorite!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Dec 23, 2016, 8:47 AM

I like WCCP overall, though some things annoy me. Hearing a favorable tone about Clemson and just an overall interest in Clemson is much better than the alternative. I've spent most of my life in a couple of other parts of the state, and WCCP is a good change.

Usually can't hold a meal down

Dec 23, 2016, 8:56 AM

whenever I hear G. McKinney and the guy with the awful-sounding soft pillowy voice. Chicken-ers right off the basket truck.

Then why don't you stream WCCP

Dec 23, 2016, 9:42 AM

instead of listening to Coot radio?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Radio, television and newspapers in the midlands....

Dec 23, 2016, 10:15 AM

have been that way for decades and its absolutely nauseating, and further lends itself to the notion that $CU fans are the most ignorant and deluded in all of college athletics. Their moronic fan base is spoon fed all of the Coot rhetoric from the local media and they swallow it hook line and sinker. It's all about telling them what they want to hear and avoiding facts and the truth at all costs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Radio, television and newspapers in the midlands....

Dec 23, 2016, 10:58 AM

I used to listen everyday , but years ago , one day I said if I hear that BGR burger
skit / commercial one more time I might hurt Walt , so I quit and moved the radio to
storage .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know lots of Upstate Tiger fans find fault with/WCCP...

Dec 23, 2016, 11:11 AM

Yep, not sure how it's possible to have this bad of sports programming in a city like Charleston. Hartin has his small moments of being average/good but his interactions with callers is awful. And I've never heard a worse show than Mike Legg. Luckily, I can listen to Dan Patrick and Risillo/Kanell.

You nailed that one-Charlie!

Dec 23, 2016, 11:33 AM

I remember the week after we thumped the 49er's (56-7). All they focused on was somebody called me the N word, wow glad they didn't say anything about their Mamas. Then it turned to never again and the TV stations were just as bad in all this. Luckily we got to move on to USuck BB men and women's so all is right in the Lowcountry radio/tv World. But I did accidently hear that Clemson is going to a Bowl Game because the P&C Clemson Beat Writer Aaron Brenner is moving back home to Colorado.

Merry Xmas - Tiger Town!

Just pod cast El Swann on Clemson Sports Talk.

Dec 23, 2016, 2:43 PM

I live in Columbia and the only time have listen to Coot Talk Radio is after we beat the crap out of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic