Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Visiting Cuse This Fall?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Visiting Cuse This Fall?

Jan 30, 2021, 8:17 PM

I won't get into the Friday night debate

However, if you have any questions I'll check in here the next few days to answer.

Some basic facts:

The Fall Foliage will be peaking somewhere near Syracuse while you are there. The colors usually rival some of the best in the East. Syracuse the city usually peaks about 10 days later.

If you are a sportsman...spend a couple days near Pulaski (about 30 mins north of the city) for world class Salmon fishing.

https://tailwaterlodge.com/recreation/fishing/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g48451-d4588646-Reviews-Douglaston_Salmon_Run-Pulaski_Finger_Lakes_New_York.html

Cooperstown is a must see

Niagara Falls too...(be sure to bring your passport to visit the Canadian side)

The Finger Lakes is arguably the top wine region in the east

The Adirondacks will definitely be peak foliage or just past when you are there

Finally a trip to Oswego and the 1000 Islands is a must if you love water.

The Dome will have A/C this season. We shouldn't need it as mid October will probably be anywhere from 40-75 degrees.

For motels...you can get much more for your money by staying out in the suburbs. The Downtown and University hotels are super pricey.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Visiting Cuse This Fall?

Jan 31, 2021, 6:59 AM

Thanks TM ! Upstate NY is beautiful you just have to side step the sewer down south. Hope they won’t do the COVID check at the border!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2021, 9:52 AM

We lived in Northwest PA for a while and spent several Memorial Day weekends in the Finger Lakes region, mostly around Watkins Glen around Seneca and Keuka Lakes. Some of the white wines produced there are as good as you will find anywhere (Check out Dr. Konstantin Franks winery). The weather on Memorial Day weekends was usually picture perfect. I always wanted to go back there while the leaves were changing but the kids were playing football and in the band so the opportunity didn’t come up while we lived there. As much as I hate football games in that basketball arena especially on Friday night, this might be a good chance...

Jan 31, 2021, 10:26 AM

rhettfla said:

We lived in Northwest PA for a while and spent several Memorial Day weekends in the Finger Lakes region, mostly around Watkins Glen around Seneca and Keuka Lakes. Some of the white wines produced there are as good as you will find anywhere (Check out Dr. Konstantin Franks winery). The weather on Memorial Day weekends was usually picture perfect. I always wanted to go back there while the leaves were changing but the kids were playing football and in the band so the opportunity didn’t come up while we lived there. As much as I hate football games in that basketball arena especially on Friday night, this might be a good chance...

If you come up be sure to reach out to the Cuse fans at www.Syracusefan.com

We can give you tips on restaurants, tailgating, touristy stuff. We have a couple Clemson fans that make regular rounds through the board and are well liked.

I'm part of the biggest tailgate (The Fine Mess) in the stadium west area at Syracuse and we always welcome visiting fans.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic