Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Very worried about Notre Dame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,206

Very worried about Notre Dame

Sep 20, 2015, 5:47 PM

I believe we will win that game. I've believed that for several months now. However, with our weak offensive line going against Their powerful defensive line, my confidence is shattered. I'm thinking it will be an electric atmosphere like the Georgia game a few years ago or the 2006 Georgia Tech game. But now I think it could get ugly like the 2013 FSU game. Glad for the hype, but hope it's not a distraction.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No returning starting Olinemen AT UofL. Won it. 2.5 weeks of preparation time.

Sep 20, 2015, 5:55 PM

The only way we could win this one is if we had a decent QB, skill players and Defense.

Color me sc jr concerned after our kicker proved all world and our O played the worst they can play on the road.... and won.

Hype scares us so much. Or is it ClemSOwinning that has us shaking in our boots? Confused by all the outside experts with souch more knowledge than those inside our program.

Re: Very worried about Notre Dame

Sep 20, 2015, 5:58 PM

I am not worried whatsoever. They're already watching film and I love our defense. I see the game being close like when UGA came in

Sep 20, 2015, 6:00 PM

Yall play ND this year?

They said we never could beat USuC in 1980 with George

Sep 20, 2015, 6:01 PM

Rogers. BOOM!

They said we could not beat the defending NC in 1981 with Hershel Walker. BOOM!

They said we could not beat UGA in 1987--2 years in a row. BOOM!

They said we would never beat defending NC Auburn in 2011. Boom!

After 5 in row they said we could never beat USuC in 2014. BOOM!

ND is coming town. Tell me we can't beat them. BOOM BOOM BOOM!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if we can find a way to stretch the field

Sep 20, 2015, 6:11 PM

I feel good about our chances. Dinks and dunks wont be enough to beat Notre Dame.

Re: if we can find a way to stretch the field

Sep 20, 2015, 6:18 PM

> I feel good about our chances. Dinks and dunks wont
> be enough to beat Notre Dame.

I think this poster is right about stretching the field. In order to beat ND, you are going to have to be able to complete something more than short passes, such as UVA did. If you are limited to short passes and the run game, I think ND stands a good chance of winning this game.

You do realize every team we play's goal on D is to not get beat deep/give up the big play, right?

Sep 20, 2015, 6:34 PM

We capitalize on what the D gives us.

When the D plays not to get beat deep, their corners play 8 yards off the line of scrimmage and they have Safeties behind them for extra protection.

We have all world beaters at Clemson. This isn't SC where no team fears our passing game, so D's stack the LOS and bring the Safeties up for run support, so we can take chances deep.

Would you rather us throw into double and triple coverage like Watson couldn't refrain from doing twice last game where he threw picks, or take what they give us and beat their @sses on 15 play 6 minute, soul sucking, scoring drives.

Sep 20, 2015, 6:11 PM

It will be an absolute war. ND wins in the trenches. Period.

I don't think their OL has a decided advantage versus our DL. I would call that a wash.

I do think their front could present our OL with some challenges and they have a talent advantage in that match up.

We have the better qb hands down.

IF we can make them 1 dimensional (which BV is very good at) and force them to beat is throwing then we win rather comfortably.....by 10 or so.

If they establish their run game and are able to throw off of that, our defense (and quite frankly any defense in the country) will struggle. Even as talented as our defense is......

We also have to have a semblance of a run game. I feel like we may see a myriad of screens (mmore traditional screens to rb) to help alleviate the pass rush. Getting the ball out of Watson's hand quick is a must. A run game will allow us to take a few shots vertical as well.

I don't think we have seen much of our offensive package. We got a glimpse of a little more thurs with the speed option and the qb lead play. We also tried to throw to Gallman on an angle or circle route out of the backfield. I think we see even more next week.

If they have the balls to play us man press we'll hit on big plays all day. No team does tho

Sep 20, 2015, 6:39 PM

Not even ND. They know it's game over if they get cute and bring too much pressure in man press like they've had the talent enough to play every other team on their schedule

.> It will be an absolute war. ND wins in the trenches.
> Period.
>
> I don't think their OL has a decided advantage versus
> our DL. I would call that a wash.
>
> I do think their front could present our OL with some
> challenges and they have a talent advantage in that
> match up.
>
> We have the better qb hands down.
>
> IF we can make them 1 dimensional (which BV is very
> good at) and force them to beat is throwing then we
> win rather comfortably.....by 10 or so.
>
> If they establish their run game and are able to
> throw off of that, our defense (and quite frankly any
> defense in the country) will struggle. Even as
> talented as our defense is......
>
> We also have to have a semblance of a run game. I
> feel like we may see a myriad of screens (mmore
> traditional screens to rb) to help alleviate the pass
> rush. Getting the ball out of Watson's hand quick is
> a must. A run game will allow us to take a few shots
> vertical as well.
>
> I don't think we have seen much of our offensive
> package. We got a glimpse of a little more thurs with
> the speed option and the qb lead play. We also tried
> to throw to Gallman on an angle or circle route out
> of the backfield. I think we see even more next week.

Re: If they have the balls to play us man press we'll hit on big plays all day. No team does tho

Sep 20, 2015, 6:57 PM

I think they would be stupid to press us for the entire game. They will at times tho, just like UL did. ND won't have to stack the box against us to stop the run tho. Therein lies the issue. When this offense struggles, it's when a team can get by only committing 4/5 bodies to the run game and dropping 6/7 into coverage. Heck, UL dropped 8 a majority of the night thurs which is why:

1) Watson struggled
2) I was calling for even more touches for Gallman.

He could have rushed for 200 plus versus the front they showed us. Part of UL's strategy had to be that we wouldn't be patient enough to pound the ground all night. They were close to being correct.....

Honestly, the only thing that worries me about our game

Sep 20, 2015, 6:18 PM

with ND is their front 4 on D. They look strong, and that seems to be the weakest point on our team (aside from special teams). Having a great, but true freshman at OT has me a little worried. However, they should be concerned about our entire D, not just our front 4. I love all 11 starters we have, 2 deep at certain positions. From what I saw against GT, they have no DB with the skills of Alexander. IMO, we expose their secondary. I'm not worried about them running on us, but I hope we can run against them. Gallman is having the breakout year I was hoping for, so I expect we spread the field side to side with WR screens and jet sweeps, before running up the middle. Then, we hit them over the top with Peake, Scott, and hopefully Mike Williams will be back in the mix.

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly, the only thing that worries me about our game

Sep 20, 2015, 6:21 PM

Who does ND play this weekend?

Sep 20, 2015, 6:23 PM

> Who does ND play this weekend?

UMass.

Sep 20, 2015, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Honestly, the only thing that worries me about our game ]

Williams could be gone until next year. I'll take Scott with the intermediate and short stuff. Peake has to prove that he is ready because he was an overall no show. I think Cain will continue taking more of his snaps. Would love to get Mccloud or Renfro going on the jet sweeps. I think the short passes will be there for us all game.

We will not be able to serve them a helping of vanilla.

Sep 20, 2015, 6:52 PM

We should probably go with Rocky Road with a complete doushing of a mixture of caramel and chocolate, topped with enough nuts to gag a maggot and finish with an over ripe cherry and a finger down their throats.

Sleight of hand, smoke and mirror, downright lies and evil deceit with malicious intent.

Actually, they ain't all that. GT couldn't cover a chit house with a tarp.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND played very well this week

Sep 20, 2015, 7:18 PM

And they had a good answer for GT, but they practice for that offense as much as we do since they play the service academies.

But their last road game, at UVA, showed they are not invincible on defense. Our Oline will need to be sharp, and the DBs will need to be on alert.

We can win. So can they. It very much will determine who should be in the top 10, and who shouldn't be.

Clemson

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,206
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic