Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CLemson NFL contracts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

CLemson NFL contracts

Jul 15, 2019, 9:46 PM

With Grady Jarrets new contract of 64 million was curious about the rest of Clemson players in NFL are making. Grady now second highest paid behind nuke's 81 mill. Here is the list of Clemson contracts for those interested. Grady Jarrets hasn't been updated yet. Says Clemson has 47 active players

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/college/clemson/

Also a link to combined money contracts of all college teams of players in the nfl. Ugay tops the list with a combined players total of over 788 million. Clemson looks to be 27th on the list with contracts combined of active players around 265 mill. This doesn't include jarrets new contract.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/college/

Pretty interesting stats.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very interesting

Jul 15, 2019, 10:09 PM

Thanks for these links--had not seen these.

Re: Very interesting

Jul 15, 2019, 11:20 PM

Bradley Pinion - 4yr/11,0000,000.00 - Nice.

Re: CLemson NFL contracts

Jul 15, 2019, 11:15 PM

Thanks, that's interesting. Glad to see Albert Huggins is under contract. Don't think I had seen that.

I REALLY hope that these guys are getting some good advice

Jul 15, 2019, 11:20 PM

on financial matters. Most of them if not all should flat out be set if they invest and live smart. Hope Dabo is helping them understand the financial side of life!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe the NFL mandates financial counseling for rookies

Jul 16, 2019, 7:26 AM

but I'm not 100% confident. Doesn't help some of them as they blow through that money pretty fast, but the league and its teams seem to have gotten better at making sure their players bank away money for the future.

Jul 16, 2019, 5:58 AM

Man , Houston (5) , Oakland (4) and Miami (4) are loaded with former Tigers .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Some years back, a fellow

Jul 16, 2019, 6:29 AM

Told me of a kicker's approach to his contract. He divided each year's salary/bonus by 20; i.e., $1.5 million equals $75K/year. The second year, he divided similarly, so now, years 2-15 are $150K and year 15 is $75K. The kicker was in league for over a dozen years. Suffice to say, he was fine at retirement.

Gronkowski retired without ever spending any NFL salary...used his initial signing bonus and endorsements to live on.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 7:28 AM

It's still shocking to me that we have 47 active players in the NFL. I can remember years when I felt good about having 18 in the league.

Jul 16, 2019, 9:18 AM

D.J. Reader will be the next one to get paid, not as much as Grady but he will get a nice contract, I think his is up this year?

Then in 2 years, Watson will get paid.

I think our lower average cap hit

Jul 16, 2019, 9:35 AM

is due to the age of our players. We've always had guys drafted, but the number is picking up now. Teams like Georgia put way more guys in the league 10 years ago, hence they've got more veterans on veteran contracts.

The Clemson cap hit will only go up as our guys get experience and new deals like Grady's. Best money a team can spend!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson NFL contracts

Jul 16, 2019, 11:22 AM

I did not do the math but quite a few ex-Clemson football players make more than Dabo Swinney.
And many of them make more than any other Clemson coach, most of whom have been on the job working up to their earnings today for a couple of decades.

So much for the 'victim' mythology about college football players. The guys with market value make a TON of money.

Good for them all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a little bird told me

Jul 16, 2019, 12:14 PM

Deshaun is probably gonna be making more than 3 million a year next contract.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic