Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vent time!!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Vent time!!!!!

Oct 31, 2013, 6:31 PM

I go with my wife to her friend's house to take our daughter trick-or-treating. I have a Clemson sweatshirt on. The friend's husband says, " it would be a perfect night if we had a Florida St. Seminole running around stabbing people in butt with a spear." I said, "well I guess you're a coot fan. Tell me how it felt to lose to a 3-3 Tenn team." On and on he kept on putting down Clemson and how they sucked and only pile up wins because of their competition. I told him that we beat LSU and Georgia back to back. He said the only reason we beat a Georgia was because of all the true freshman. I stood my ground. However, you can't argue with these guys. He is putting down our win against UGA knowing very cell they lost the very next #### week to them.

He then starts making fun of the BV hiring and saying he sucked and that if we were gonna spend $800k on a DC then go get someone good. I told him that if he couldn't see an improvement from Auburn to the LSU game then he was blind. When I would make a good point he wouldn't argue he would just shake his head. He mentioned Clemson not wanting or needing to move to the SEC because we will just go down the drain in that conference. His example? Us losing to Kentucky in the music city bowl stating that we had one of our best teams in history that year and lost to KY. I told him if that was one of our best teams and years we wouldn't have been playing Kentucky.

What was next.? "Well y'all wouldn't have won a national championship if Danny Ford hadn't cheated." I told him whether he did or if he didn't that our trophy case was a lot fuller than theirs. He said, " well everybody cheats." I mentioned Alabama and he they don't have anything done to them because they're Alabama. I just had to walk off. The hate towards us is unreal.

I had to walk away before I said something I would regret.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't have an intelligent, objective conversation with them

Oct 31, 2013, 6:41 PM

My advice: whenever they start talking about how great the coots and SEC are or denigrating the Tigers, change the subject. Eventually they'll get the message and that will really #### them off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vent time!!!!!

Oct 31, 2013, 6:49 PM

the only thing that guys D'bag team ever one was an ACC championship in 69 when pepsodent paul was there and they went on probation...joe Morrison got them on steroids, holtz is a sleazy no good cheater...spurrier is a sleazy cheater...they are on probation now...don't waste you time with scul like this...the only reasin these turds are in the SEC is we turned them down...true stories

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2013, 7:17 PM

Man, you better go back and learn your history. The reason they're in the SEC is because we stabbed them in the back in 1970 when we reneged on an agreement to leave the ACC. Frank Howard didn't want to give up his playhouse.

Oct 31, 2013, 8:07 PM

so, they went independent, then Metro, then SEC and Frank Howard gets the blame?

Yes, Clemson and the coots were mad about the 800 rule. Dietzel was mad because he could not get Freddie Soloman into school.

But the final straw was because of basketball and the other Frank not being able to get Mike Grosso in school.

Re: I bet you are still blaming Bush for everything after

Oct 31, 2013, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Vent time!!!!! ]

5 yrs. of the Anointed One.

Oct 31, 2013, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Vent time!!!!! ]

Please! don't be duped into believing that. I don't know where you heard that, but it couldn't be any further from the truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should mention to your wife's friend...

Oct 31, 2013, 6:54 PM

How he pulled you aside and told you he was a #### fan, so you said "oh, USC?" and he said no, then proceeded to tell you about all his Craigslist and Backpage meetups, how he spends his free time either at truck stops or on Chatroullette and how he's secretly worn all his wife's underwear. Mention that you didn't want to say anything and you feel like you betrayed his trust, but you felt it was best if she knew...

I can have a rational, reasonable debate with anyone, but once they get like that, the gloves come off!

I usually cut em off a the knees with....

Oct 31, 2013, 7:24 PM

You guys can get some recruits we can't because they can get into usuc with a fishing license.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At USC, your IQ dictates what number you wear.***

Oct 31, 2013, 7:47 PM

Re: Thats USUC, my friend. USC has higher standards.***

Oct 31, 2013, 8:15 PM

Oct 31, 2013, 7:41 PM

They act like they have been to the top yet still riding on coat tails of SEC. I hope they win the east division where Alabama can take them to the wood shed like Auburn did a few years ago....They do not want to talk about that game but sure like to bring up the WVU bowl game and Florida State game.

Teach your wife to never ever have coot friends!***

Oct 31, 2013, 7:47 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This year

Oct 31, 2013, 7:49 PM

We really need to win this year. I cant take another year if their crap!

Agreed completely. I was thinking about that driving home..

Oct 31, 2013, 7:57 PM

And all the excuses we'll hear - all the "wow, so you won 1 out of 5" (forgetting the rest of the series). I honestly don't think it's good for my health to hate a fanbase like I do with them.

my wife went to aldi in a clemson shirt with our two year old

Oct 31, 2013, 8:00 PM

she said this guy came up to her and yelled "fear the spear!..pointed and said "we got y'all!" ...my wife didn't even acknowledge him, just ignored him, got the kid out the car seat... and the store wasn't open quite yet so he just had to stand outside waiting with her feeling like a dufus

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: my wife went to aldi in a clemson shirt with our two year old

Oct 31, 2013, 9:08 PM

What do they mean about fear the spear? A couple of years ago Florida State manhandled them in a bowl game. In fact, Jimbo Fisher had to "call the dogs off" near the end of the game. Do these idiots think that the gamecocks can beat FSU? They would slaughter the #####. Winston would pick their secondary apart. Yes, gamecock fans you need to fear the spear!

Only one way to stop it... Beat em. They are living in the

Oct 31, 2013, 8:58 PM

Last four yrs and we cannot let it continue

You'd be better off

Oct 31, 2013, 8:59 PM

debating a fence post. Walking away is the better option.

This is reason #1 I don't wear Clemson gear on Halloween

Oct 31, 2013, 9:21 PM

I don't need random suddenly-friendly jacka$$ neighbors making wisecracks and/or stupid statements that I'm tempted to respond to with something I'll regret, and in front of children at that. I don't care if it's someone on the street or in a store somewhere...I'll never see them again. But bad blood with someone I might see 500 times in the next year is a little bit different.

Oct 31, 2013, 9:53 PM

Actually, the reason USC got into the SEC is because all the other teams needed someone to play for homecoming!!:)

Oct 31, 2013, 10:01 PM

That sucks dude, and I'm sure all of us have had run ins like that, but it's not going to get any where close to better until coach tennis ball quits letting Spurless punk him. 4 in a row is disgusting, 5 is grounds for termination.

^^^. Wife's friend's husband. ^^^***

Oct 31, 2013, 10:23 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic