Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
VT has no depth on DL. They cannot hang with us for 4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

VT has no depth on DL. They cannot hang with us for 4

Sep 27, 2017, 3:43 PM

quarters. Not happening.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: VT has no depth on DL. They cannot hang with us for 4

Sep 27, 2017, 3:44 PM

Don't need depth if your offense is going 3 and out and giving our boys a break.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2017, 3:44 PM

Lol at you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol***

Sep 27, 2017, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: VT has no depth on DL. They cannot hang with us for 4 ]

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: I hope you enjoy your dish of crow Sunday morning....

Sep 27, 2017, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: VT has no depth on DL. They cannot hang with us for 4 ]

how should I prepare it for you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

^^^Auburnfan's scok***

Sep 27, 2017, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: VT has no depth on DL. They cannot hang with us for 4 ]

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Please don't come trash talk

You had another fan that was very nice on our boards. We like and respect VT here.

Also, the last 2 fan bases to come trash talk, Awbarn and Lullaville, didn't come back.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Please don't come trash talk

Sep 27, 2017, 4:42 PM

I've been looking for a football game breakdown post all week on here and have read nothing but disparaging remarks abut the Hokies, Beamer, and generally everything VT.

It seems to me that the last thing Clemson fans want to do is talk real football. I don't mean putting up stat sheets, either. You guys know your team just like we know ours. We know our shortcomings and our strengths. Stats, even those S&P stats, can be misleading. The one thing it doesn't count is emotion, and emotion is what college football is all about.

And for those of you comparing what this team faced at Louisville against Lane Stadium, well, just don't. I'm not saying that because I think Clemson will be intimidated. Quite the opposite, actually. The environment Saturday night will be the best true road environment they will see this year, IMO, and I believe today's players get off on that more so that be intimidated by it.

This is going to be a good one.

Re: Please don't come trash talk

Sep 27, 2017, 5:05 PM

Defense travels no matter what, and we got a pretty #### good one that loves to travel.

Lots of sarcastic posts around here

Sep 27, 2017, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Please don't come trash talk ]

Typically they are all tongue-in-cheek. Don't fall for it.

That said, it doesn't matter what us fans think. Dabo and the coaches know exactly what they are walking into Saturday night. Over the years, Dabo has shown his ability to get his guys up and ready for games in ANY environment....on the road at Auburn and FSU and....Va Tech. Conference championships...Primetime playoff matchups against national powers in Oklahoma and Ohio St...national championships against Alabama.

None of the players or coaches expect VT to roll over and play dead a la Louserville. But there isn't anything we haven't seen yet. No moment has been too big for us in a long time, and I don't expect this to be any different.

If we are to lose a game during the regular season, however, I think this would be the one.

can we just agree right now that you WILL come back

Sep 27, 2017, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: VT has no depth on DL. They cannot hang with us for 4 ]

after the game...

no matter what?

Sep 27, 2017, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: VT has no depth on DL. They cannot hang with us for 4 ]

you're an idiot and clueless about football

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sep 27, 2017, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: VT has no depth on DL. They cannot hang with us for 4 ]

You are dreaming! :)

Sep 27, 2017, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: VT has no depth on DL. They cannot hang with us for 4 ]

Will when you are going 3 and out as well, like AU, Like Louisville...one side will have to give. Did you do a lot of 3 and outs vs WVU while they had 371 yards passing and 221 yards rushing?

Stidham held to 124 yards total, Jackson held to 157 before our 3rd strings came out.

According to the S&P+ (the one set of metrics that takes out the bull crap, like garbage time TD's,playing cupcakes and racking up yards, etc), you're just the 3rd best offense we'll have faced. We'll be the 2nd bext offense you'll have faced, with a top ranked defense vs that #85 defense they had. ^_^

I'll hang up and listen.

Sep 27, 2017, 3:57 PM

*Stidham held to 117 yards (only 79 in passing)

I really hope you're banking on that***

Sep 27, 2017, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: VT has no depth on DL. They cannot hang with us for 4 ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm sure it will sometime take 4 plays to score***

Sep 27, 2017, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: VT has no depth on DL. They cannot hang with us for 4 ]

Sep 27, 2017, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: VT has no depth on DL. They cannot hang with us for 4 ]

> Don't need depth if your offense is going 3 and out
> and giving our boys a break.

Bless your little heart....

Sep 27, 2017, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: VT has no depth on DL. They cannot hang with us for 4 ]

You are right, we will be off the field in three plays, right after we score a touchdown.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

Sure hope you are right

Sep 27, 2017, 3:47 PM

Dabo speaks very highly of VT. He made me nervous after his press conference.

He said the same things about Kent State

Sep 27, 2017, 4:08 PM

so you have to take it with a pinch of slaw

Re: He said the same things about Kent State

Sep 27, 2017, 4:24 PM

Exactly. Dabo always compliments the other team. I remember when Bear Bryant would compliment the other guys and then Alabama would go out and destroy the team. Maybe the compliment got into their heads. Maybe Alabama was just 100x better. Maybe both. But it always worked. :)

Sep 27, 2017, 4:58 PM

I noticed that but also noticed it on the OL...they can't afford for one of those guys to get hurt or need breathers, a lot of Fr and inexperienced players in the 2 deep.

Only way we lose this game is if we don't show up to play (are flat) and have 3-4+ turnovers. If we hold onto the ball and just play our game it'll be ugly, much like the ACCCG should've been last year if we hadn't let up with the big lead; and thus, letting them back into it.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic