Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: “He didn't do anything wrong”: Tony Elliott fires back at Dabo Swinney's critics
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: “He didn't do anything wrong”: Tony Elliott fires back at Dabo Swinney's critics

Aug 12, 2020, 8:01 AM

“He didn't do anything wrong”: Tony Elliott fires back at Dabo Swinney's critics

Tony Elliott thinks the summer criticism of head coach Dabo Swinney was unfounded and unfair, and it comes because the Clemson program is doing something right and making a difference. He also says his coach didn’t do anything wrong. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: “He didn't do anything wrong”: Tony Elliott fires back at Dabo Swinney's critics

Aug 12, 2020, 8:14 AM

I suspect most of this will never be reported by the same press that was attacking him earlier.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: “He didn't do anything wrong”: Tony Elliott fires back at Dabo Swinney's critics

Aug 12, 2020, 8:35 AM

I don't recall anyone ever challenging or criticizing Saban over the years. He has been an a** to his staff which is well documented in his press conferences. These no-nothing a'hole writers are the epitome of fake news.

Aug 12, 2020, 8:52 AM

actually they have agendas to belittle and criticize people like Dabo because of their faith and values. they just do it in this gutless hatchet job way making something seem like an entirely different and ugly

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...but Saban does'nt live out his faith in public

Aug 12, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: “He didn't do anything wrong”: Tony Elliott fires back at Dabo Swinney's critics ]

... the liberal press will go after a man who proclaims to be "good" way faster than they go after an @$$hole

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Aug 12, 2020, 8:42 AM

We have gone from a world where people are trying to do their best to be PC and defend the accuracy verbiage. Then to a world where people doing their best to tear down someone who strives to be as PC as possible, to point of correcting language among players to reject certain language that isn't acceptable, basically doing everything that is expected!!! To a point where a walk-on with a social media account can stir a chit-storm with the agenda of getting likes and hits! I wish we could do some physical likes and HITS! The amount of attention derived from a 10second tweet, or 20words, whatever it was, to create multiple interviews, wasted articles, and even I fell for the wasted effort. Just don't see the world changing, until we get numb to this new environment, which I don't see a bright Future,???

Usa today article

Aug 12, 2020, 8:42 AM

Clemson assistant coach speaks out to protect his job. Afraid to tell the truth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Usa today article***

Aug 12, 2020, 8:58 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Usa today article

Aug 12, 2020, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Usa today article ]

Are you kidding me? Where did that come from?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's joking about how the media will portray these comments.***

Aug 12, 2020, 9:05 AM

null

Aug 12, 2020, 8:54 AM

I don't think there is a man or coach on Dabo's staff that knows anymore about Dabo, or any better than coach Elliott, so if you can't take his word on what he believes Dabo to be, then you just don't want to know the truth about him bc, it would go against the lies that are spewed about him. And I say this bc Tony Elliott wasn't force to say anything at all about Dabo, and if he didn't believe what he says about the man is the truth, he would have just stayed quiet and said nothing at all!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To me, this is like Dabo's comments about DW & the Heisman.

Aug 12, 2020, 9:12 AM

When DW didn't get the Heisman, Dabo commented that DW didn't miss out on the Heisman, but that the Heisman missed out on DW.

To me, this is the same. I'm not saying that Dabo is above any criticism or scrutiny. But the hit pieces on the man are unjustified garbage. If Dabo says he wants to play football, and a sports writer disagrees, by all means, say so. But anyone who questions his morals or character because he didn't say things exactly right or he took a couple days longer than you thought was appropriately...well, from my perspective, it tells me more about the writer's character than it does Dabo's.

null

Aug 12, 2020, 9:20 AM

Question for Tigers that believe once a Tiger, always a Tiger!!! The former Clemson Tiger that got all this negative BS started up about Pearman and Dabo, will he always be accepted as Clemson Tiger? He will always be a Benedict Arnold to me, but do he still fit in as once a Tiger, always a Tiger???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2020, 1:50 PM

To me, Perry Tuttle will always be one of our greatest Tigers. However; his son, I have no such pleasant thought about. If he had a legit gripe about Dabo, it would be different, but he didn't, as evidenced by the response of those that know the situation. He has a degree from Clemson University. Good for him, now goodbye.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2020, 10:24 AM

I appreciate your comments Tony Elliott and glad to see someone speak out to defend unfounded criticism of Dabo.

Aug 12, 2020, 10:43 AM

Tony we all know what is going on here. Dabo has his faith first and that is why he is very successful. That make the un believers very mad. They want to make Dabo out to be fake so they can fell better about themselves.

Aug 12, 2020, 11:11 AM

With them being that miserable, nothing can make them feel better about themselves, and that is why they will try and make others miserable. There is a lot of truth in the saying, misery loves company!!!

Ohio State has never defeated Clemson

Aug 12, 2020, 12:32 PM

This year’s loss stung - maybe Ohio’s St’s best team. Ohio State is in the Big Ten. The Big Ten media is centered in Chicago. Much of the criticism of Clemson and Dabo has come from Chicago. Connect the dots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2020, 12:39 PM

HIT jobs, liberal media, walk on Benedict Arnold, connect the dots...y’all are nuts

Aug 12, 2020, 1:11 PM

what, no black helicopters in your back yard? If we are all nuts what does that have to do with anything?

Aug 12, 2020, 1:55 PM

Thanks to you, Coach Elliot. I really believe when Dabo finally decides to hang it up and retire, He will be mentioned as one of the greatest coaches to ever coach college football. Not just for the wins and losses, but for the impact he has had on a lot of good young men.

Aug 12, 2020, 2:44 PM

The only thing I know for sure, is that there isn't a school in America that wouldn't trade their coach for Dabo and I include Alabama. Once again, #### on the media.

Aug 12, 2020, 3:36 PM

Almost all of the media guys graduated from schools not named Clemson. So, there's a built in bias.

Aug 12, 2020, 4:23 PM

I love Dabo. His "God stopped the world" BS is a little over the top, but he is
a good Christian man: (as kept Tommy Bowden here way longer than he deserved). My creed has always been "I break bread with saints and sinners, but not pharisee's." (Robert Heinlein) Dabo is here as long as Dabo wants to be here...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2020, 5:41 PM

I have a question. Why is it that when there is someone in the media that gets the ire of some people posting on TigerNet, it’s always the liberal media? Always. Never the conservative media. Sometimes it’s the fake news media, but more often it’s the “liberal media.” Is that because the person posting the comment is a conservative and anybody that doesn’t agree with him or her has to be a “liberal “? Don’t get me wrong, I think that the attacks on Dabo are wrong, unprofessional, and unnecessary. But are they all from liberals? Just curious. BTW, other than being a jerk, what is Finebaum? Liberal? Conservative? A..hole?

Aug 12, 2020, 6:12 PM

For heaven's sake. If you are going to write something, then write it right. Stop slobbering over the head ball coach to make sure you get access. This is the most obsequious blathering yet.Dabo Swinney is a big boy and can handle himself. Stop this running interference nonsense.

Aug 12, 2020, 6:20 PM

Amen

It pays to know who your enemies are. I hope he never gives

Aug 13, 2020, 11:42 PM

the time of day to the following:
Paul Finebaum- Never an interivew]
Wolken - Don't even know his first name
Sharp - Don't know his first name either
Canyon Tuttle- Tried to dredge sommething up and bring down a man and program to get in the spotlight.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic