Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo Swinney reacts to firing of Willie Taggart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,830

TNET: Dabo Swinney reacts to firing of Willie Taggart

Nov 3, 2019, 5:11 PM

Dabo Swinney reacts to firing of Willie Taggart

Florida State announced on Sunday that they had fired their football head coach Willie Taggart. The Seminoles were a mediocre 4-5 overall this season and were b Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney reacts to firing of Willie Taggart

Nov 3, 2019, 6:10 PM

Reading the Taggert tweet, at least he showed some class. He may have had his fingers crossed and/or was biting his tongue, but he said the right things. Now he has about 17M reasons to take a break.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 6:14 PM

will he be on an upcoming episode of My Lottery Dreamhouse??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 3, 2019, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney reacts to firing of Willie Taggart ]

I hate for most all those coaches or anybody else that loses their jobs for whatever the reason but, Willie and his staff had to know that the FSU fans wasn't going to let that job be a 10 year rebuild before they started calling on the admin to make a change, even though Jimbo the Turd Fisher left FSU in bad shape!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder if they pursue anyone on our staff***

Nov 3, 2019, 6:25 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Wonder if they pursue anyone on our staff***

Nov 3, 2019, 7:08 PM

I guess it depends on who the boosters want. The AD and school admin must not have any say.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 7:43 PM

I would bet they will be going after any big time coach that can recruit the top HS kids there in Florida, and Dabo and BV are staying put at Clemson IMO!!!

Nov 3, 2019, 9:59 PM

Fsu was a premiere coaching gig. Its obviously not what Bobby designed and left to Jimbo. I believe they are going to want a proven name to come in and resurrect that program. Les Miles comes to mind. I realize he just went to KU, but does anyone believe hes going to stay there. I dont believe BV is going to want the job for several reasons...those kids are completely undisciplined and 1 step from prison. His boys are here and hes doing what he loves to do in a place that loves having him here.
But be aware, nothing lasts forever. Enjoy these days and whats happening. Savor it. Theres going to be a job he wants.

Nov 4, 2019, 10:46 AM

While I absolutely think our offensive coords will go at some point in the nearish future, I don't know that Venebles wants a head coach gig. First, we pay him well enough at the DCoord position that there aren't that many head coaches that pay more. Second, his personality is perfect for what he does. I know that everybody is expected to keep moving up, but the Bud Fosters of the world are sometimes just happy doing what they are really good at. While I wouldn't be surprised if he moved on at some point (after his kids are done playing), it also wouldn't surprise me to see him still here with Dabo in another 10 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Wonder if they pursue anyone on our staff*** ]

Fsu was a premiere coaching gig. Its obviously not what Bobby designed and left to Jimbo. I believe they are going to want a proven name to come in and resurrect that program. Les Miles comes to mind. I realize he just went to KU, but does anyone believe hes going to stay there. I dont believe BV is going to want the job for several reasons...those kids are completely undisciplined and 1 step from prison. His boys are here and hes doing what he loves to do in a place that loves having him here.
But be aware, nothing lasts forever. Enjoy these days and whats happening. Savor it. Theres going to be a job he wants.

Urban Meyer

Nov 3, 2019, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Wonder if they pursue anyone on our staff*** ]

Word is his interest is to be coaching again. He did well at Florida, he see's easier conference minus Clemson, FSU will put up with more than 0310 will. Ppl have been pointing Urban to USC but i could see him at FSU based off history way more likely!

That would give Dabo a run because Urban can recruit and hire quality coaches to help his success.

Re: Urban Meyer

Nov 4, 2019, 12:55 AM

I don't think Meyer's health with the headaches or whatever it was would want that dumpster fire. I think that would not be healthy for him but maybe no head coaching job is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Urban Meyer

Nov 4, 2019, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Urban Meyer ]

Mark Richt, maybe? He was one heck of an OC there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,830
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic