Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Update On John Newman's Health
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,878

Update On John Newman's Health

Dec 1, 2020, 1:00 PM

In his media call today, posted in another thread on the Basketball board, Brad Brownell revealed that John Newman suffered a concussion in practice just eight days prior to the opener against Mississippi State. He was inactive for much of the week leading up to the game. That explains a lot, in terms of the questions here surrounding Newman's lack of minutes/production in the first two games of the year. Brad mentioned that Newman had just gotten back to 100% from his knee procedure (that took place over the summer) when the concussion occurred. He said he'll need to ease into the season a bit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Update On John Newman's Health

Dec 1, 2020, 1:08 PM

Good to know and makes sense. We really need him to improve and contribute heavily this year. If he makes the same jump this year as he did between his freshman and sophomore year, he should be very good.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 1:10 PM

Yes, heard that too. I would think another week by Maryland next week he will be back very close to 100 percent. Maryland has some good bigger guards so we will need him by then.
Maybe tomorrow he does some good things to get some confidence before next week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 1:14 PM

Glad to know. I wondered why he hasnt been his usual self. Though he did make a nice play on the baseline versus Purdue. He is always involved and hustling. I'm sure he will be fine when he gets back to 100%

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 1:16 PM

Is that why he got a haircut? Hardly recognized him without the trademark do!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the info....

Dec 1, 2020, 1:22 PM

I was wondering where he was.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 1:34 PM

Hate he got a concussion, but thanks for the information as I was wondering why he wasn't playing more.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,878
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic