Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unlike the SEC! SEC! SEC!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Unlike the SEC! SEC! SEC!

Jan 2, 2021, 11:59 PM

The ACC doesn’t have a collective hope for success. Aside from 2 or 3 top teams, the rest of the conference is unconcerned with the rep of the ACC or any damage it may do to the top teams. Sadly. Always been this way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unlike the SEC! SEC! SEC!

Jan 3, 2021, 12:16 AM

It is an image problem when so many programs in the ACC don't even look like they care.

I think for the ACC to get back into the spotlight more, FSU & Miami need to up their game. I would say the same for Tech, but we're light years away from that.

Jan 3, 2021, 9:41 AM

I think UNC is closer to making a football comeback than the FL schools or GT. Their defense burned out during the Orange bowl but they looked good early in the game. I don't especially care for their fan base, but I do respect their head coach.

Jan 3, 2021, 10:26 AM

TigerKAT84 said:

I think UNC is closer to making a football comeback than the FL schools or GT. Their defense burned out during the Orange bowl but they looked good early in the game. I don't especially care for their fan base, but I do respect their head coach.

I never pull fur UNC in bball but was hoping they won against A&M. I like Mack Brown. Don’t care for Jim Bob.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 5:22 AM

I don't disagree with you, but serious question - why does it matter? I often get into debates about this "conference" stuff - one is better than the other, etc. Interested to know your thoughts.

Clemson is my team

Jan 3, 2021, 7:05 AM

I've had a few discussions about this conference stuff, but they can't argue about what Clemson has done.

That's all that matters to me.

And the chickens can't just shut the #### up about this whole conference thing because they will always sucks.

$$$

Jan 3, 2021, 7:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Unlike the SEC! SEC! SEC! ]

The SEC generated $720.6 million in revenue and averaged $45.3 million in payouts to the 13 member schools that received full shares during the 2019 year. (Mississippi did not get a full share because of its football team was banned from postseason play.)

During the same year, the Big 12 reported payouts ranging from $38.2 million to $42 million, the ACC from $27.6 million to $34 million and the Pac-12 about $32.2 million.

The increased revenue will allow SEC football programs in particular to make even larger financial investments in facilities, coaching staffs and recruiting budgets. As one marker of the league's willingness to outbid the rest of the Power Five, the SEC had 10 of the 15 highest-paid assistant coaches and five of the seven highest-paid staffs altogether during the 2019 season.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2020/12/10/sec-contract-abc-espn-gives-league-more-resources-dominate/3884360001/

Conference prestige also helps with recruiting and playing better teams in the regular season helps prepare us for the postseason.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: $$$

Jan 3, 2021, 7:26 AM

Who's the quarterback for the SEC?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greg Sankey***

Jan 3, 2021, 7:31 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Unlike the SEC! SEC! SEC! ]

ptctiger93 said:

I don't disagree with you, but serious question - why does it matter? I often get into debates about this "conference" stuff - one is better than the other, etc. Interested to know your thoughts.

I agree and also avoid conference debates as well. I pull for Clemson. And not FSU (for example). This was a response to several posts about UNC being the “last hope” for the ACC in bowl games. It occurs to me we don’t have this “hope” as a conference in football.

I feel the sec does and the bottom teams’ fan bases all pull for the conference to win every game and every title. Knowing this, the teams put more effort into winning in order to hold up their end and their part in the conference success.

As for Clemson, we are ok with it at the moment. The downside to the weak conference perception is our schedule is so poorly regarded and this doesn’t matter to Clemson right now because we have been one of the two best teams in the country almost each of the past 6 years. And have earned that reputation. A few lean years, though, could make it an issue getting back. As much as I know I’d never be a conference homer, I think it would be better for us if the ACC improved.

Jan 3, 2021, 11:30 AM

THIS ^^^^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most people in the trailer park are unconcerned with their neighbors

Jan 3, 2021, 9:09 AM

Success too. Like it or not we are the kings of the trailer park conference and we go outside and beat the rich kids (sometimes we don’t). When we do we hear that we are in a league of our own, when Bama or LSU wins, we hear how they overcame a tough season to get there. We can argue back and forth about whether this is 100% accurate all day long. The fact of the matter is, reality is what most people (ie: the rest of the #### country) believes is true. That’s reality, not what one group perceives reality to be. I for one wish we were in a respected, like minded conference that puts football first. We aren’t so we can take the foxes attitude on the grapes and make silly post or just admit we are in a ###### football conference and continue to drive our Maserati around the trailer park screwing everyone’s wives, because after all, we are the kings of our domain!

Message was edited by: InletTiger15®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most people in the trailer park are unconcerned with their neighbors

Jan 3, 2021, 9:32 AM

The great "conference Mantra"

Created and nurtured by ESPN.

Example:

What, exactly, is a "Big 8" fan? If someone can explain that, please go ahead.

If it were not for this ridiculous mantra swallowed down by so many, what would all the talking heads have to talk about....all day...everyday?

NO discussion on any college sports broadcast can go 60 seconds without "Conference" being blurted out.

It's a never ending merry-go-round of subjective issues, complete with plenty of totally useless stats and figures to satisfy all the gullible fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 9:37 AM

But ESPN does blurt it out and controls the narrative. Like it or not, he who has the gold makes the rules. My point is that the narrative is the national reality, because we have a collective conscience. The only thing that could possibly counteract this narrative would be our conference pulling together, getting serious about changing the narrative and from the comments here and around the ACC we aren’t even wired to think that way.

Jan 3, 2021, 11:25 AM

I understand your point.

Personally, I just don't worry too much about it.......and I certainly don't lose any sleep when Virginia or Wake Forest gets beat.

How stupid do the coots sound when they play the SEC card?

It fluctuates from year to year. The ACC rarely has been the best

Jan 3, 2021, 9:47 AM

conference in FB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic