Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Uga fan in the office is trying desperately to convince anyone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Uga fan in the office is trying desperately to convince anyone

Jan 3, 2020, 10:02 AM

that the cfp needs to be changed to include AT LEAST 16 teams in order to get all of the good teams in. ????????

The only 1 that agreed was a coot fan but he quickly added that they still wouldn’t get in then, either. ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uga fan in the office is trying desperately to convince anyone

Jan 3, 2020, 10:08 AM

Why don't we just start a 130 team playoff right after Labor Day. Number 1 plays number 130 and so on. Would be great if a number 125 beat the number six team. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 10:21 AM

There's no way SCar beats a #6 team .

Oh wait ... sorry Georgia .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 3, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Uga fan in the office is trying desperately to convince anyone ]

This is basically how it already is, and why I think 4 is the perfect number.

Think of the regular season as a single elimination tournament. If you lose, you're likely out... unless you play a really tough schedule, and there are not 4 undefeated teams, then they may let you back in, but no guarantee once you've lost a game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA has no excuses. Your in automatically if you win the SEC

Jan 3, 2020, 10:10 AM

championship game? That IS the playoff game. You win you're in. They won it last year. The only people that should be clamoring for an extended playoff is mid majors, and big 12, Pac 12 teams that seem to always get left out. SEC winner is an automatic in and sometimes the runner up. They're just dumb people i think.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Jan 3, 2020, 10:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I thought Bama won the SECCG last year?***

Jan 3, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to UGA has no excuses. Your in automatically if you win the SEC ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 3, 2020, 10:16 AM

The original goal for the playoff was just to make sure there wasn't a three-way tie at the top and some #3 team didn't get left out. To date that has not happened, and I can't see that ever happening actually - in all honesty, all we needed this year was the top 3, last year it was really just two. Our game with OSU was the first playoff game that's actually been competitive..

If they expand to 8 (and I'm sure they will, since poor Bama has been left out), next thing we know, it'll be 16, then 32.. expect to see 3-4 SECW teams and 1-2 SECE teams in there.

There has never been a year where a #5-8 team had a legitimate case for why they should be playing for the National Championship and there never will be. *And before anyone brings up UCF, they would have been decimated on the national stage and anyone with an objective set of eyes could easily see that.

I don't like the fact that in a few years, we're going to have 9-3 teams actually arguing about why they should be included in the chase for the crown.. but - money runs this sport and the one thing they love is additional bowl games, so we all know it'll happen. By the time I'm an old man, it'll be a 10 game regular season, conference championship games will be extinct, the playoffs will be a field of 64 and it'll start in mid-November and run past the Super Bowl.

IMO 2014 TCU had the best case of anyone during

Jan 3, 2020, 10:28 AM

the playoff era, but I have a feeling they wouldn't have been good enough to beat Bama, Ohio State, or even Oregon that year. But I would've liked to have seen them have the chance.

Jan 3, 2020, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Uga fan in the office is trying desperately to convince anyone ]

UGA and Oklahoma went to OT a few years ago. But yes, typically the semifinals have been ho-hum

4 seems right to me now.

Jan 3, 2020, 10:24 AM

I have posted several scenarios over the
last few years about playoff expansion and
this year has convinced me that it doesn't
need to be more than 4.

What kinda playoff would have happen this year if we were at
8 or 16 teams. A bunch of non-elite teams would have gotten in
and we still would have ended up with the same 4 after the opening rounds

There are never enough truly elite teams in any year to
fill 8 or 16 slots.

Every year it seems the top 2 teams are considerably...

Jan 3, 2020, 10:55 AM

better than everyone else. Sometimes only one team has been elite. This year, unusually, there seems to be 3 superior teams.

Expanding the playoff, IMO, puts an unfair burden on the top teams by adding extra games with more opportunity for injury.

4 is perfect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 10:27 AM

Every week is a playoff game. You can't lose to coots and get in.

Hth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would for allow 14 SEC teams and 2 byes***

Jan 3, 2020, 10:28 AM

Jan 3, 2020, 10:59 AM

I would be in favor of an expansion of 2 teams. That way all conference champions are in with 1 at large. Give the top two seeds automatic byes and let 3-4 and 5-6 decide who plays 1&2. This allows for a team to have a bad week, but still have a chance if the conference champion doesn’t work out. It also gives an incentive to be one of the top two seeds. An expansion to 8, I think would be too many.

Jan 3, 2020, 11:07 AM

If you think the playoffs need to be expanded please just show me a year where there were 8 teams you genuinely felt were able to win the national championship that year.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic