Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA still #4 in AP. Imagine if Clemson were losing 7-5 at HT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

UGA still #4 in AP. Imagine if Clemson were losing 7-5 at HT

Sep 30, 2020, 10:22 AM

to a team that's lost 20 straight Conference Games? We would drop from 4th to 12th, even if we exploded in the 2H to a 70-7 Win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: UGA still #4 in AP. Imagine if Clemson were losing 7-5 at HT

Sep 30, 2020, 10:39 AM

It kinda happen last year after Louisville... dropped from 2 to 3 even though Tigers struggled to a 17-3 lead at half and won handily 45-10 on the road.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 10:40 AM

correction... dropped from 3 to 4

Sep 30, 2020, 11:10 AM

We didn't drop though because of our game with Louisville. We dropped because Ohio State beat #13 Wisconsin 38-7 on that same day. Ohio State was barely behind us in the rankings going into that week. I think people overreact to how we dropped in the rankings last season.

We first dropped because we beat an unranked team by only 1 point. After that we dropped a couple more spots due to other teams having the chance to beat ranked teams while we didn't have any high profile games. It wasn't our fault that nobody on our schedule was any good, but we didn't drop spots for how we actually played other than the UNC game.

Yep i actually had that typed into my post, but deleted it.

Sep 30, 2020, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA still #4 in AP. Imagine if Clemson were losing 7-5 at HT ]

i was mentioning the 2 INTERCEPTIONS that TL threw in the 1st half. He finished 220-29, 233 YDS, 3 TD, 2 INTs, but it didn't matter. it was 17-7 in the 1st half and he threw 2 INTERCEPTIONS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Sep 30, 2020, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA still #4 in AP. Imagine if Clemson were losing 7-5 at HT ]

Be careful for using facts here that don't advance the narrative.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

14-3 is FAR Different Than 7-5***

Sep 30, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA still #4 in AP. Imagine if Clemson were losing 7-5 at HT ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 10:59 AM

Yeah I can see the ESPN headlines now. "Dabos refusal to embrace BLM is causing dissention on the team" or "Racist Dabo is letting his love of white supremacy override running his football program". You just know they are dying to run those headlines and are just waiting for an excuse.

Sep 30, 2020, 11:09 AM

This issue will take care of itself as UGA faces AU this weekend. Unless the Dawgs find a qb (Daniels?)fast I see them losing 2 or 3 games this season. In today's game, you can't survive without an effective qb even with 5* talent at every other position. See, e.g. LSU before and after Burrow.

Sep 30, 2020, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA still #4 in AP. Imagine if Clemson were losing 7-5 at HT ]

Why do some of you insist on bringing up this stuff in nearly every topic?

Polls are a joke, ESPN is a joke,sec is a joke-it will event

Sep 30, 2020, 11:12 AM

eventually lead to an 8 team playoff

5 conc champs and 3 at large to get ND , and extra sec team in playoffs then another 8th team everyone fights over .....

null

Sep 30, 2020, 11:20 AM

I think it helps to look at the overall picture in the rankings this past week. Georgia went into the game ranked #4 with 1320 points. Georgia ended up ranked #4 with 1310 points after this week so they did lose points. It's important to remember that #3 Oklahoma lost on the same day, and that #6 LSU also lost. Also add that #9 Texas gave up 56 points to an unranked team. Georgia was actually jumped in the rankings by Florida, but this was balanced out by Georgia moving ahead of Oklahoma that lost.

Having LSU lose behind them, and Texas look unimpressive also gave less options for other teams to move ahead of them. Auburn who was also in the top 10 didn't really look all that impressive either. ND gained some ground on Georgia in the rankings, but it's harder for ND to move ahead of them since ND didn't play, and hasn't had a strong opponent yet either. Then of course you have Ohio State and Penn State in the top 10 who haven't played yet.

Basically, there's not a very strong argument of another team that should have jumped ahead of them. Had Oklahoma and LSU won we probably would've seen Georgia fall back to #6.

Your rational and well thought out response has

Sep 30, 2020, 2:16 PM

no place here.

Sep 30, 2020, 11:31 AM

I get your point Jtiger and it is a fair one. However you are failing to omit the fact that Arkansas is an SEC team. SEC teams are the greatest in the world. The only reason why Arkansas has lost 20 straight conference games is because they play other great SEC teams. Therefore losing to them at half is not anything to be ashamed of.

Sep 30, 2020, 1:11 PM

See I think it s a good thing they are keeping Georgia ranked as highly as possible.

It would be a terrible shame to ruin their big celebration of their 40-year title drought. Let them enjoy their drought celebration for at least one more week.

But they beat a SEC powerhouse!! Doesn't that.........

Sep 30, 2020, 1:47 PM

automatically justify UGA having such a high rank?????

Sep 30, 2020, 3:31 PM

The Media needs a "quality win" for Auburn on the road.

No Over reaction. Just doesn't seem consistent.

Sep 30, 2020, 6:18 PM

OP - I concur! I read some counter points - but - I still agree with you. Just wouldn't happen because "perception is reality"!
Instead of looking at the "fact" Clemson has played and beaten those "power-house schools" just like they beat Wake or Nancy St. I understand them losing points and all and other teams not being worthy and all - but last year was beyond all that. It was beyond anything that makes any sense. Just blatant disrespect really and folks outside of Clemson could understand where Tigers fans were coming from. Yes, they got tired of hearing it eventually. But, most had to agree, it was just simply "not right"!
Not if you use the same mindset to judge say Georgia's performance vs. Su wee! Arkansas had 3 Turnovers one for a TD(pick 6). The QB had a QBR of 43.6 which could be Georgia defense or "bad offense"! I think Georgia's depth caught up to the Hogs as well and just slightly better coaching and organization(vet coach vs. rookie). Outside of that - the Bulldogs were not impressive.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st half with new QB, who cares?***

Sep 30, 2020, 5:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic