Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA should not be ahead of Indiana
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

UGA should not be ahead of Indiana

Nov 24, 2020, 7:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA should not be ahead of Indiana

Nov 24, 2020, 7:30 PM

I was gonna post something even stronger than that.

9th? Based on what? Not the record. Not the eye test. They have not looked good, even in their wins.

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but if I were I'd be saying that the committee is laying the groundwork to ensure two SEC teams make the playoffs.

I thought, based on reputation, that Oregon would be in the top 10. I was pleased to see them down at 15.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2020, 6:56 AM

UGA has clearly not lived up to the hype this year. I'm still not sold on what makes Indiana better. Their wins over 2-3 Michigan, 1-3 Michigan State, 0-5 Penn State? How much credit you willing to give them for a loss to Ohio State? As for the committee, how is it you think that year after year, different committees with different people, all seem to have one objective - get as many SEC teams in the playoffs as possible? I read it here in post after post. Do you really think that everyone is corrupt and they are all corrupted to benefit SEC teams - no matter the school they represent?

Question. When has Georgia ever lived up to expectations?***

Nov 25, 2020, 7:24 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, there was that one year....

Nov 25, 2020, 7:32 AM

Yessir...UGA IV....we are currently on UGA X...and the 1980 Car Of The Year...and President Jimmy Carter

Nov 25, 2020, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA should not be ahead of Indiana ]

I don't really think there's a goal of the committee to try and get as many SEC teams in as possible, but I do of course think there's a certain bias around ranking teams based on traditional results. If one were to truly look at this season alone, then what has Georgia done to deserve being ahead of Indiana?

Wins over 3-5 Arkansas, 2-5 Tennessee, a 14-3 win over 3-5 Kentucky, and a 7 point win over a 2-5 Mississippi State team? Yeah, they have the win over Auburn, but who decided Auburn was good? Auburn hasn't beaten a single team with a winning record, lost a game against a 2-6 South Carolina team, and lost by 21 in their game against Georgia.

Yeah, Indiana doesn't have any wins to write home about, but at least they only lost by 7 points to the only good team on their schedule so far. The problem for Georgia isn't that they lost 2 games, but that they lost one of them by 16, and the other by 17.

Nov 25, 2020, 10:24 AM

I can see the argument for Oklahoma being ranked ahead of UGA. I just don't see it with Indiana. Yeah, they lost by 7 to Ohio State but at one point that was a 35-7 game. Kudos to Indiana for battling back but I think if those teams played again OSU wins big. I'd agree there is some level of a program's tradition when it comes to rankings, but when that ranking is #9 - and clearly a non-issue in the playoffs, I'm not sure why all the rancor.

Until You Get a Coach That Doesn't Wear a Visor

Nov 25, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA should not be ahead of Indiana ]

I don't want to hear it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA should not be ahead of Indiana. . . . ye olde SE She

Nov 24, 2020, 7:30 PM

The S.E. She has to get better recognition "see"! That's how it works "see"!

((note: you might not be old enough to know that reference))!

They have to prop Georgia up as high as they can - the defense!

What else though? NADA!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 7:36 PM

Agreed. Not really sure what Georgia has done this season. They have the win over Auburn who’s ranked #22, but lost by 17 and 16 against the other two ranked teams they played.

Nov 24, 2020, 7:42 PM

I hope the bowl season becomes a reality and the “dawgs” play Miami in a big game.

With that said ND vs. Indiana would be interesting too.

This happens every year....

Nov 25, 2020, 7:52 AM

just pick your SEC team to be highly over-rated between UGA, UF, and TAM. This year it happens to be all three.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing is less meaningful than the first CFP rankings.

Nov 25, 2020, 11:42 AM

I don't think there has ever been a year where all four of the initial top 4 ultimately got into the playoffs. Usually it is half, or less than half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic