Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA overated per
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,282

UGA overated per

Dec 3, 2020, 10:02 AM

By Barrett Sallee, CBS Sports
Dec 1, 2020 at 8:32 pm ET
3 min read

No. 8 Georgia -- Overrated

The Bulldogs donned the overrated crown last week, and the same case can be made this week. The offense has looked great for two straight weeks … but those are the only weeks it has looked functional.

Auburn is the only win Georgia has over a team with a .500 or better record. And let's be real … does a win over Auburn do anything for ya? Not me.

The committee consistently harps on strength of schedule and strength of record. Georgia's schedule is underwhelming and it doesn't have a signature win. I'm not sure what the draw is other than three letters … S-E-C.

Been this way for as long as I can remember. (and that's a long time)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-playoff-rankings-reactions-georgia-still-overrated-washington-underrated-in-new-top-25/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA overated per

Dec 3, 2020, 10:09 AM

... everybody who isn't a UGA or SEC conference fan.

FIFY

YWIA

Pretty accurate assessment IMO

Dec 3, 2020, 10:43 AM

"Auburn is the only win Georgia has over a team with a .500 or better record. And let's be real … does a win over Auburn do anything for ya? Not me.

The committee consistently harps on strength of schedule and strength of record. Georgia's schedule is underwhelming and it doesn't have a signature win. I'm not sure what the draw is other than three letters … S-E-C."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Pretty accurate assessment IMO

Dec 3, 2020, 11:14 AM

I was shocked when I ran across this by Saturday’s Down South, which is an SEC homer publication. I appreciate when these guys realize their assumptions were wrong and they admit it. That’s how science & journalism should be and used to be!

This article kills a lot of SEC & CootU narratives.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/who-actually-beats-good-teams-ap-top-25-interesting-playoff-trend/?ez_cid=CLIENT_ID(AMP_ECID_EZOIC)

more writers need to point this out - screw the sec

Dec 3, 2020, 10:48 AM

and their schedule

null

Re: UGA overated per

Dec 3, 2020, 11:00 AM

Georgia has become Do Less With More U in the last 4 years. No other team with the amount of 5 stars and Talent has ever watched the Championship game on TV instead of playing in it year after year. Kirby is a good recruiter but not a good developer or coach.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

longer than that. It was Mark Richt’s calling card.

Dec 3, 2020, 11:23 AM

But honestly it’s quite common and proof that coaching is more important than talent. Pretty much all elite programs have consistently high level recruiting regardless of coaching staff, but they only have high level success with really really good coaching.

It’s why UGa got better under this staff over night and why Meyer and Saban won titles in only year 2 @ Florida & Bama.

Long term consistent success (Bama, Clemson, OSU) takes BOTH.

I love to see it. The jawja hype train is losing steam

Dec 3, 2020, 11:04 AM

But Kirby has more 5 stars than anyone else!

He’s gonna win it all! #soonenough

I shouldn’t enjoy it so much but.. Georgia fans disappointment every year is hilarious. They are like coots with talent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGa football; achieving less with more since 1981***

Dec 3, 2020, 11:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Georgia is always overrated.

Dec 3, 2020, 11:51 AM

I can't think of many programs that fail to meet expectations as often as Georgia does. Granted, those are usually very high expectations since they recruit so well, but they are unmet expectations nonetheless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Georgia is always overrated.

Dec 3, 2020, 12:31 PM

Pretty much!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIFY: UGA overated per...

Dec 3, 2020, 12:03 PM

anyone who knows anything at all about football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,282
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic