Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UDP Griddle Post
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 389

UDP Griddle Post

Dec 28, 2020, 10:27 AM

Was gifted a Royal Gourmet 4-Burner Flat Top Griddle for Christmas. Its not Blackstone, but close enough. Whats the move on seasoning these bad boys? What is maintenance like on these? I think I have read a few of you mention that you had mold issues with the covers? Should I keep this thing in the garage between uses?

FYT:

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: UDP Griddle Post

Dec 28, 2020, 10:36 AM

If it’s like mine, it has a ceramic top so no seasoning. I just leave it out on the covered part of my deck and when it gets hot squirt some water on it to let the steam kill any stuff that might have fallen on it. It gets condemnation on it when it cools off over night and the cover doesn’t let it dry out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

way to baby proof

Dec 28, 2020, 10:39 AM

that brick wall head crusher

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

We are about 4' away from the fireplace here

Dec 28, 2020, 10:45 AM

But she did learn to sit this past week, so we anticipate crawling to be following here shortly and losing any freedom of putting the baby down in one spot and knowing she will be there when we come back a few seconds later.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once you babyproof everything, she will find something you

Dec 28, 2020, 10:59 AM

didn't.

When son-of was just getting mobile, we had him out on patio. He scoots himself over to a plant, scoops up big handful of dirt and shoves it right in his mouth. Kind of made up for all of the cleaning and sanitizing we had been doing of everything.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is quite the heartwarming story

Dec 28, 2020, 11:01 AM

And sounds like something I do at least weekly.

Back in the day we didn't baby proof anything

Dec 28, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Once you babyproof everything, she will find something you ]

Do you know what happened to the dumb kids?

They didn't make it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We thought we had baby proofed

Dec 28, 2020, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Once you babyproof everything, she will find something you ]

Baby gates anchored to the walls, baby proofed the cabinets, covered the outlets, etc. He ripped one of the gates out of the wall last week, and broke two of the cabinet locks. Thinking about renaming him the Caucasian Godzilla. Would be a sweet wrestling name.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heat on high, wipe down with vegetable oil

Dec 28, 2020, 10:40 AM

Let it burn off, and do it again. Repeat 4-5 times, then cook a shitton of bacon. You should be good to go.

Gotta watch it though, I've taken to cooking fish in little tinfoil pouches on mine to reduce cleanup, and I guess since there's no juices the seasoning dried out. Had to scrape it off and reseason over the weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 10:40 AM

I've found that the hardtop cover is actually much better than the soft cover, even though the soft cover extends much further down. The soft cover allows water to sit on it after a rain and, in my opinion, traps moisture in the grill which led to some rusting issues.

The Blackstone website had good how-tos on seasoning. Crank the heat up to high and let the grill get hot, put Crisco on the grill and use a paper towel to spread it across the grill. Keep the grill on hot until it stops smoking. Let it cool and then do it again.

I will say that you really can't overseason it. When I first got my grill, I should have seasoned it more and got a few rusty spots. I took some time to really season it and that problem went away.

I only use mine for steaming oysters, so I let it sit

Dec 28, 2020, 10:59 AM

outside and rust a few times, then cleaned the rust off and steamed oysters (with wet burlap). Now, its in a storage container, but at the very back and almost irretrievable - but at least it is clean...

Happy to help...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Girdles? Chicks wear Spanx now. Girdles is from 1955.***

Dec 28, 2020, 11:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lakebum below nails the seasoning

Dec 28, 2020, 1:51 PM

you can also google or youtube but you'll circle around to about what LB said.

Yes, would highly recommend garage storing. My blackstone stays in there with a hard top cover...no mold issues.

Dec 28, 2020, 1:55 PM

Carpet in the living room? God man, you didn’t need to tell us you’re UDP, the picture tells it all.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not my house***

Dec 28, 2020, 2:12 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 389
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic