Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
U wouldn’t believe how Virus & Gov restraints are affecting part & full-time RVer’s!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,101

U wouldn’t believe how Virus & Gov restraints are affecting part & full-time RVer’s!

Apr 1, 2020, 2:27 PM

Some had sold their homes moons ago & retired to live in an rv and travel state to state and staying in state & national parks..

and they have been turned away there..and those that have left FL for Yankeeland are having to stay at Walmart’s, Cracker Barrels & Cabela’s (if city ordinance allows) since truck stops & interstate public parking for trucks & rv’s are full (of truckers mostly who are supplying our Nation)..

and many RV parks are not allowing new entries & even have 2 week max stays.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You wouldn’t believe how Virus & Gov restraints are affecting part & full-time RVer’s!

Apr 1, 2020, 2:31 PM

I went for a motorcycle ride this past weekend. I rode past 3 RV parks. All 3 were PACKED. I was surprised.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You wouldn’t believe how Virus & Gov restraints are affecting part & full-time RVer’s!

Apr 1, 2020, 2:49 PM

I hope you at least had a good time out riding with the wind in your face Fluxus. I haven't started mine up since last June or July!!! I keep it in a 12X14 building with an 8' Golf/roll up door. And I have a cover on it in there, I peeped under the cover, and it still got covered in dust. I'll back it out one day soon and spray it off with my pressure washer using the white tip for a soft high pressure rinse off!!! ;)

I keep one of those really good battery tenders from batteries plus, plugged up on it, and the light was still green, so I guess the battery is still charged up. But I had a lot of engine performance work done to it way back, and if it isn't started up daily, it takes a lot of battery to get it started. :)

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2020, 3:16 PM

Battery tenders are your friend. I'd taken mine out just a little so far this year. But Sunday was 130 miles. I did the Suches Loop in North Georgia, which is a very popular twisty, mountain loop. There were 100s of motorcyclists out on that ride. Seems everybody had the same idea.

I am concerned that there will soon be prohibitions against doing things like motorcycle riding for pleasure. Even though you literally don't interact with anyone at all unless you need gas, and then it's interacting with the gas pump. But, I see a total lockdown coming, and I'm trying to get on my bike as much as possible until then.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2020, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: You wouldn’t believe how Virus & Gov restraints are affecting part & full-time RVer’s! ]

I rode on Sunday for about an hour just to keep it running smooth. I put a new rear tire on in January hoping to ride, and this was the first time I got to ride since January. As for the wind, that's why dogs hang their heads out the window, and why bikers like to feel the wind. :)

I just wish I had ridden longer. Dang, I miss riding.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2020, 2:41 PM

We are learning that things as this covid19 can make it tough for all walks of life throughout the entire world. I wish it could waited another 10 years, I probably could have missed this nightmare Bill!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2020, 3:03 PM

I saw a tv story on this just the other day. Another thing is truckers can get trucks into a drive through and most drive thrus wont sell to walk ups.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: U wouldn’t believe how Virus & Gov restraints are affecting part & full-time RVer’s!

Apr 1, 2020, 10:58 PM

Maybe they should have kept their house or go park in a family members yard until it is over...thus is different times!??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic