Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tua did NOT have an insurance policy.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,764

Tua did NOT have an insurance policy.

Nov 27, 2019, 3:45 PM

I am shocked to hear this. All future stars in all sports should have one. Insurance companies will issue a policy with little to no money down. They use your future income potential to cover it. Premium payment is due once you go to NFL or whatever sport you are playing.

Willis mcgahee had a policy but declined any payout from it. He choose to go through rehab and he returned to the nfl a few years later.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tua did NOT have an insurance policy.

Nov 27, 2019, 4:07 PM

The NCAA now allows schools to buy the policy. If he didn't get one from Bama, they should be charged with criminal neglect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 27, 2019, 6:41 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/11/explaining-tua-tagovailoas-nfl-draft-insurance-situation-after-hip-injury.html%3foutputType=amp

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 5:28 PM

Great article: https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/tua-tagovailoa-injury-alabama-nfl-draft-fall-insurance-loss-of-value?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=darrenrovell&clickref=1011l7sqZrPH&pubref=126006X1587343X1e0d5f71d183521261e51432a32e8ab2&referrer_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww-al-com.cdn.ampproject.org%2Fv%2Fs%2Fwww.al.com%2Falabamafootball%2F2019%2F11%2Fexplaining-tua-tagovailoas-nfl-draft-insurance-situation-after-hip-injury.html%3FoutputType%3Damp%26amp_js_v%3D0.1%26usqp%3Dmq331AQCKAE%253D&~campaign_id=1011l621&~click_id=1011l7sqZrPH&~secondary_publisher=1100l8b2N

Note Clemson does pay for this insurance- another recruiting advantage

And Bama probably makes the most money

Nov 27, 2019, 5:39 PM

of any program. Shameful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

A few years back, an

Nov 27, 2019, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Tua did NOT have an insurance policy. ]

All-American DB for Oregon, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu chose to return for his senior year. His parents purchased a policy on his behalf, as he was considered a high first round pick. In practice prior to the Ducks semi-final against FSU, he tore his ACL and dislocated his knee. He was drafted in the 7th round of the '15 draft...but the policy paid out $3 million.

I'm rather stunned that Bama doesn't purchase those policies on behalf of their top players...that's going to haunt them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Tua did NOT have an insurance policy. ]

Yes huge recruiting edge for us.

Nov 27, 2019, 5:35 PM

Why am i not surprised?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not totally true

Nov 27, 2019, 6:41 PM

I am not sure that Clemson pays for the type of insurance thAt Tua is missing. Read this article
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/11/explaining-tua-tagovailoas-nfl-draft-insurance-situation-after-hip-injury.html%3foutputType=amp

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you read the other article? Clemson official quoted

Nov 27, 2019, 7:21 PM

"While Alabama doesn’t do loss of value for its players, other schools do. Sources say high-profile underclassmen at other schools have been presented and taken loss of value coverage with the school paying the premium. Schools that have done this include Clemson, LSU, Ohio State and Michigan.

In 2016, Clemson paid for a $5 million permanent total disability policy with $5 million in loss of value for Deshaun Watson. Watson didn’t end up needing it. He stayed healthy and got drafted No. 12 overall by the Houston Texans.

Clemson offers to pay the permanent total disability and of value premium for student-athletes eligible to receive the policies,” said Jeff Kallin, Clemson’s associate athletic director of communications and strategic initiatives."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 5:41 PM

I thought you could only get an insurance policy if you were a upperclassman who decided to come back for your senior year?

Nov 27, 2019, 6:42 PM

Did you even read the article or just automatically jump to this conclusion. The article plainly states that Alabama had a policy for Tua just not a “loss of value” policy. Please read things before spreading false rumors.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 7:10 PM

Exactly that’s why I posted the article that I posted. He had one of the two types that were available. Did you read it?

Nov 27, 2019, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Tua did NOT have an insurance policy. ]

Exactly that’s why I posted the article that I posted. He had one of the two types that were available. Did you read it?

Nov 27, 2019, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Tua did NOT have an insurance policy. ]

When Tua is in a Bama jersey I hate him.

Nov 27, 2019, 7:57 PM

When he isn't he is a good kid and I feel really badly that he was harmed. His insurance policy is his education. The only things crushed were his hip and his dream. He can still be anything else he wants.

Sometimes life gives you a fuzzy lollipop. You just have to lick the crap off of it and spit then everything works out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,764
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic