Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trying to find something positive for the baseball team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,257

Trying to find something positive for the baseball team

Mar 13, 2020, 2:06 PM

in all of this mess. Carson Spiers and Sheldon Reed can both return for next year but other than that the entire roster and I mean EVERY player already had eligibility left. If anything I'm concerned about players leaving early without us getting to witness what could've been with them. I'm really talking about Weatherly, Strider, and Meredith. Weatherly only got 4 opportunities to showcase his stuff as an ace pitcher so maybe scouts want to see more. I wouldn't need to. The kid's stuff is electric. I'm also no scout. Strider is coming off an injury but touched 97 vs scar and his breaking ball is coming along well too. Both those guys just seem like pitchers scouts would love. Meredith is the one I think would come back before any of them. I sure hope so. What are yall's thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trying to find something positive for the baseball team

Mar 13, 2020, 2:09 PM

Spiers made a jump from upper 80s and touching 90 sometimes to throwing 92-94 this season and has touched 95 in a game.

He just lost 45 games of opportunity to cash in for this summer.

Now he either has to take what he can get in this draft or try to maintain his current level for another offseason and full season.

What a difficult position this has put all baseball players who have to make a decision on how much money it takes to get them to leave school or try to come back and earn more.

Re: Trying to find something positive for the baseball team

Mar 13, 2020, 2:18 PM

Based on what we saw in those 4 games (and the fact he is a lefty) MLB will make Weatherly an offer he probably won't be able to refuse. That is assuming the MLB draft actually happens this year.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,257
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic