Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Try not to think about it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Try not to think about it

Nov 27, 2020, 1:43 PM

Less than a week since the first report of 12 positive cases, and it is now 53 residents and 15 staff have tested positive and my Mom is one of them.......phone just rang and it's now 68 residents and 21 staff. That increase is in one day and I'm really scared for my Mother as there is nothing I can do, hell I can't even see her. The one thing I keep telling my self is if she makes it til Jan 25 she will be 98.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Prayer sent.***

Nov 27, 2020, 1:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

1. Lots of love & prayers for your Mom, you, and all the

Nov 27, 2020, 1:51 PM

folks at her place. Absolutely terrible on 100 different levels.

2. In the pointed words of John Cougar Mellencamp - does your Momma still have the thrill of living or does life just go on for her ?

My Mom has been gone about 3 years and we had to have some pretty sucky conversations and these lyrics kept ringing in my head.

Best of luck - hang in there - keep us updated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: 1. Lots of love & prayers for your Mom, you, and all the

Nov 27, 2020, 2:03 PM

folks at her place. Absolutely terrible on 100 different levels.

2. In the pointed words of John Cougar Mellencamp - does your Momma still have the thrill of living or does life just go on for her ?

My Mom has been gone about 3 years and we had to have some pretty sucky conversations and these lyrics kept ringing in my head.

Best of luck - hang in there - keep us updated.

That's one thing that she still has, her sense of humor! She has a cell and I talk to her almost everyday, still makes me laugh at the things she says.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer

Re: Try not to think about it

Nov 27, 2020, 1:53 PM

I hate hearing this. It has been a really tough issue at homes across the nation.

I’ll pray for your mom and for you sir.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 1:55 PM

Keep praying. Most powerful force on Earth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers sent.***

Nov 27, 2020, 2:09 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 2:11 PM

Thoughts and prayers are with you 2K. It's got to be tough, made even worse by feeling so helpless. God bless you in the waiting!

Nov 27, 2020, 2:17 PM

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom!

Nov 27, 2020, 3:27 PM

Sending prayers for a quick and full recovery.

Nov 27, 2020, 3:33 PM

Prayers sent for you, your mom and your family!

Nov 27, 2020, 4:08 PM

prayers sent. mine is about that age too. fortunately she lives independently but I still worry about that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really sorry to hear this

Nov 27, 2020, 4:42 PM

My dad (Masters in ME 1964) is in assisted living as well. Fifty three positive cases seems extraordinarily high - where is this place?? What happened???

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

White Oak of Rock Hill

Nov 27, 2020, 7:59 PM

They only have 140 beds and with the positive rate approaching 50% (0 a little over a week ago) that crap is spreading faster than a Ca fire.

monter le cheval de fer

Re: White Oak of Rock Hill

Nov 27, 2020, 11:57 PM

Wow, I literally live less than a mile from there. Had no idea. My grandfather is struggling with dementia, luckily we still have him at home but it’s hard either way. Praying for your family

Nov 27, 2020, 6:43 PM

I am admitting ignorance of the nursing/assisted living regulations , just the horror stories I've heard in some of these states. . Can you not just go get her out until things die down?

Nov 27, 2020, 10:01 PM

Prayers Brother!

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 27, 2020, 11:13 PM

Praying for your mom and you during this difficult time. God bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 12:13 AM

Sorry to hear the news.

My wife and I have 4 parents in assisted living. Two are in quarantine because 3 staff members tested positive. My Thanksgiving with Mom/Dad consisted of taking a food plate to the front entrance for delivery and visiting with my parents by phone through glass doors.

It is a sad time.

Prayers for you, your mom and family and everyone.

Dec 17, 2020, 3:35 PM

involved.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need an update on this please

Dec 17, 2020, 3:36 PM

2k®

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: We need an update on this please

Dec 17, 2020, 5:34 PM

I don't think things could have gone better! Last 2 tests have been negative and she is being moved ack to her old room. A great big Tiger thank you to all that thought of her and prayed for her. She will be 98 in a few weeks and is getting back to her old self......full of spit and vinegar.

monter le cheval de fer

great news

Dec 17, 2020, 5:36 PM

happy for you and family

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic