Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump goes after Firefighters.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 808

Trump goes after Firefighters.

May 1, 2019, 6:14 PM

"“I’ve done more for Firefighters than this dues sucking union will ever do, and I get paid ZERO!” -Pres. Donald Trump. 05/01/2019

Exactly what does he think he's supposed to get paid?

What an embarrassment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump was going after union bosses who endorsed Biden.

May 1, 2019, 6:35 PM

He wasn't going after the rank and file firefighters any more than he was going after any union. He was comparing what he'd done to help the working class against what union leaders did to help the working class, I believe.

Where did you get this idea that Trump went after firefighters?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump was going after union bosses who endorsed Biden.

May 1, 2019, 6:58 PM

What do you mean? Read the quote. It's a direct quote from Trump.

You're intellectual calisthenics to excuse this bore of a President are getting more and more creative. I mean, you're trying to tell what "Trump actually meant."

He meant to call the Firefighters Union "dues sucking union".

Stop trying to say, 'well he really meant this' or 'no, he really meant that'.

The man is a nut. Everyone knows it.

Dood, it's me.

May 1, 2019, 10:25 PM

I know what I'm talking about and didn't make that up. Trump has been saying this since Biden announced his candidacy in Pennsylvania a couple three days ago. He was addressing union members who supported him in 2016.

Before you shoot you should take aim. When you aim small you miss small, that isn't what you did this time. Shall we continue slinging platitudes at each other or will you look in to this in more than superficial depth? One last shot and I'm done with this topic.

You're way too close to your feminine side. Do you find yourself weeping often or is this a special circumstance?

Felix, I'm kidding. You're wrong about how you thing Trump is approaching the topic of firefighters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dood, it's me.

May 2, 2019, 2:54 PM

Why is everyone assuming the union leadership isn't supported by the Firefighters? The premise seems to be that Trump is attacking the leadership because the Firefighters are really for him. I haven't seen that established.

I know it's you, I was feeling a little cantankerous and hence started flinging platitudes.

You are right about my feminine side. I get all weepy and my nose runs bad when I see the horrors that is our Administration.

My wife is getting me some Midol now. :)

I also got your 'hose' joke. I have the same problem, whenever it gets excited I pass out from a loss of blood. (this water's cold....and it's deep too!) ;)

sshhhh, dont tell them***

May 1, 2019, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Trump was going after union bosses who endorsed Biden. ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: Trump goes after Firefighters.

May 1, 2019, 6:37 PM

everyone knows fire fighters already make entirely too much, mainly due to excessive help from trump.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 7:04 PM

A lot of the fire fighters were homeless under Obama. Thanks to Trump their salaries have skyrocketed across the nation in spite of the union leaders bringing them down. God I admire Trump.

Holy misleading headline

May 1, 2019, 6:50 PM

Try unions not firefighters

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Holy misleading headline

May 1, 2019, 7:00 PM

xtiger said:

Try unions not firefighters

That isn't what he said. Take the man at his word. And what is he supposed to get paid for ?

Do I have to perform a 7th grade sentence outline exercise..

May 1, 2019, 10:41 PM

to explain the sentence meaning to you? Did you skip 7th grade English grammar class often?

Trump is supposed to be paid $400,000/year, all of which is

May 1, 2019, 6:54 PM

donated to a different cause each quarter.

Re: Trump is supposed to be paid $400,000/year, all of which is

May 1, 2019, 7:01 PM

Tax write off.

Noted. Thank you for your comment, good sir.***

May 1, 2019, 7:02 PM

May 1, 2019, 6:54 PM

He was going after the leaders. He thinks they don't represent the masses of firefighters. He is just unhinged as usual.

Trump would get knocked on his ######## if he had to man

May 1, 2019, 7:25 PM

a 2.5" flowing hundreds of gallons per minute. Even in his younger day.

He is a pussy just like his followers.

That's not the most difficult challenge a firefighter faces.

May 1, 2019, 10:33 PM

Dragging a 200# sack of dead weight in full gear on your knees 50 ft in a building filled with smoke is a part of the training at one station. Pulling an empty hose up the side of a 3 story building is another. Some hoses take two to handle. My hose, is an example.

lol?

I'm not going to enjoy this.

May 1, 2019, 11:37 PM

Here's a CNN article which makes my point.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump, still seething over a major firefighters union's endorsement of former Vice President Joe Biden, retweeted nearly five dozen tweets on Wednesday rebuffing Biden's claim to support from firefighters.

"The 58 retweets before 6:30 a.m. ET sought to make the case that while the International Association of Fire Fighters' leadership supports Biden, many firefighters themselves support Trump. While the retweets -- which included a parody account -- did not conclusively make that case, the spree belied Trump's public claims that he is not concerned about the prospect of facing Biden in the 2020 general election..."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/01/politics/trump-joe-biden-firefighters-union/index.html

Re: I'm not going to enjoy this.

May 1, 2019, 11:40 PM

He is retweeting parody accounts? Sounds unhinged.

Didn't the article mention there was one, just one?

May 1, 2019, 11:52 PM

My point was that Trump wasn't attacking firefighters but the union bosses and Biden for claiming that unions supported Biden after supporting Trump. Whether or not a poll show that most firefighters support Trump or not that is not the point of discussion either.

Re: Didn't the article mention there was one, just one?

May 1, 2019, 11:58 PM

He is using parody accounts he is so unhinged. I looked it up and there over 1.2 million firefighters in the US. 350k full time approx and the rest volunteers. So the stable genius is going to grab a handful off of Twitter as well as a parody account to make his point? Unhinged.

You're being petty and arguing a tangent to the subject...

May 2, 2019, 10:27 AM

of the discussion. It seems like a distraction to avoid the truth. I won't bother recapping the details. We've been fairly civilized and I'm enjoying discussions with you too much to labor the topic.

I made my point to Felix. That's the point.

Re: You're being petty and arguing a tangent to the subject...

May 2, 2019, 1:12 PM

I made my point as well. The "leader of the free world" is easily distracted and easily becomes unhinged.

So it's 'Trump did this,' then I show that he didn't and...

May 2, 2019, 7:11 PM

then it's 'Any criticism of him is justified even if it's made up?' Hellofapoint.

Re: Didn't the article mention there was one, just one?

May 2, 2019, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Didn't the article mention there was one, just one? ]

My point was that Trump wasn't attacking firefighters but the union bosses and Biden for claiming that unions supported Biden after supporting Trump. Whether or not a poll show that most firefighters support Trump or not that is not the point of discussion either.

Trump wasn't attacking ANY firefighters. He attacked a firefighter Union's endorsement of Biden.

That union - the IAFF - has royally pissed off a lot of their membership with that endorsement. Biden's politics are not congruent with many career firefighters that the IAFF allegedly represents.

May 1, 2019, 11:42 PM

Trump knows more than the firemen anyway. Remember when he tried to help the French with their fire at Notre Dame? They could have used his expertise.

Replies: 25
| visibility 808
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic