Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump talked to Kevin Warren...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Trump talked to Kevin Warren...

Sep 1, 2020, 12:49 PM

Looks like what I have seen on Tritter since yesterday, the B1G is considering opening games in early Oct...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1300815396950478849?s=20

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This sounds extremely petty, but I hope the B1G

Sep 1, 2020, 12:51 PM

doesn't play ... I want to enjoy the whining of the OSU fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Me too, but it would be a Hyuuuuuuge win for Trump if he

Sep 1, 2020, 12:53 PM

could claim that he got B10 football on again.

Re: Me too, but it would be a Hyuuuuuuge win for Trump if he

Sep 2, 2020, 1:06 PM

Which is the exact reason it WON'T happen. Big Ten football was shut down by the University Presidents for political reasons, there is no way they will switch course to make Trump look good. I feel more confident than ever that now they won't play. And there is no asterisk. The Champion is crowned as the best of those that actually COMPETE. You don't compete, you've got no claim.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Sep 1, 2020, 1:45 PM [ in reply to This sounds extremely petty, but I hope the B1G ]

I want them to not play, see how successful everything goes, try and then play in the freezing cold of Jan and Feb and do it all for nothing bc its all been decided at that point.

Re: I agree

Sep 1, 2020, 5:03 PM

Yeah, and then play again in the Fall. Now That would be a health problem! Such an unrealistic idea.

Re: Trump talked to Kevin Warren...

Sep 1, 2020, 1:00 PM

I saw that. Interesting. Take that asterisk off what will be our best season ever.

PAC 12 still wussing out

Sep 2, 2020, 12:12 PM

So still a astrick if we win but no astrisk if sec team wins

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Trump wants the B1G to play, he should threaten to

Sep 1, 2020, 1:00 PM

bring out the National Guard to prevent it, and tweet about how bad B1G football is anyway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 1:02 PM

Whatever else you want to say about the man he can clearly broker deals. I only hope he didn’t guarantee the BIG two CFP spots to seal the deal. ??

Sep 1, 2020, 1:13 PM

Where are the links to support the reports they are considering resuming by Oct? I think that's about as close to happening as my chances of sleeping with J Lo.

Sep 1, 2020, 1:13 PM

Oh...this just in from B10....

Basically said they are working hard to get the kids back on the field at the appropriate time. Ha.

Sep 1, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump talked to Kevin Warren... ]

bisraeljr said:

Where are the links to support the reports they are considering resuming by Oct? I think that's about as close to happening as my chances of sleeping with J Lo.

Here is another tweet. Looks like more meetings today including more testing.

https://twitter.com/AWardSports/status/1300819154199511044?s=20

Sep 1, 2020, 1:24 PM

Heard there also might be a press conf. on this around 5:30pm today. Looks like we probably will have more college football which is always good...

Sep 1, 2020, 1:27 PM

When should we expect a leak from a disaffected bureaucrat Claiming Trump offered to have Russia pay the B10 boatloads of cash to resume playing? Let the next impeachment begin!

Sep 1, 2020, 1:32 PM

Meanwhile Biden plans on watching football from his basement

If it is November just skip it***

Sep 1, 2020, 1:28 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 2:31 PM

what assistance can the feds provide? they know how to play football but arent preparing to. last votem I saw was 11-3 against playing. If they dont want to play leave them alone. why coerce them and get blamed

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2020, 9:50 AM

100% agree. He jumped the gun, made the decision and thought NCAA football could not possibly go on without their participation. I think the should have to live with the decision to opt out due to their over inflation of their self-worth.

Better luck next year B1G.

Sep 1, 2020, 2:38 PM

Trump is a true patriot and knows what the backbone of America wants and right now it’s football.
By the way the backbone is the hard working middle class people.
You sheep keep hiding in the basement like Creepy Joe is .

Sep 1, 2020, 2:56 PM

I don't care either way what the Big 10 does. If Trump helps to pull this off it will help him politically. It's a smart move unless COVID blows up in the Big 10 if they do end up playing, but honestly this seems like such an unimportant issue for any president to get involved in. If the Big 10 does end up playing and doesn't play as many games as everyone else, they will still claim they meet the eye test and deserve a playoff spot. They made their decision based on the "best medical evidence." So what has changed? I would love to hear their medical experts explain all of this. Nah, changed my mind. I don't want them to play a down.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

football may be unimportant on face but all the jobs & $$

Sep 2, 2020, 9:01 AM

generated in the economy (local economy especially) by football is significant. That is a good enough reason to be involved. I will give you the point also that if all works out, it will help him tremendously politically. Think how important states like Ohio or PA is to the election and it is usually really close in these swing states. If this succeeds and he can campaign on helping save football in these states, he may be able to peel off some dem Penn State/OSU fans and local business owners into voting for him.

Sep 1, 2020, 2:52 PM

So the taxpayer would pay for the testing for the BIG 10 like they can't afford it with that big TV contract? Give me a break.

Not just COVID issues now though

Sep 1, 2020, 3:31 PM

you've also got security issues. Probably no night games. Heavy guard for people/Students in and out of game areas. etc. etc.

Sep 1, 2020, 3:43 PM

Meanwhile Pac12 over there going "Thanks......thanks a lot."

Sep 1, 2020, 3:45 PM

I noticed there is no mention of meeting with PAC 12 commissioner - it’s almost like they aren’t really part of college football. Maybe the optics of 4 out of 5 Power 5 conferences having a season will put a little giddy up in their stride but more likely they are too far left to even consider playing.

Good point...wonder if Pac12 commish is calling Warren...

Sep 1, 2020, 3:50 PM

...yelling "dangit Kevin, you promised me!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Sep 2, 2020, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump talked to Kevin Warren... ]

They really are the lost boys of college football, for all the talent on the west coast, the great weather and other nice to have's for college age kids you would think they would be the Go-To but they suck ... USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington ...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2020, 12:16 PM

Really Trump bailed Kevin Warren out. He now can reverse his decision and always calm that he reversed course due to promises made by the President. If there is a problem, he can always blame it on the President too, which he probably would not hesitate to do.

Sep 2, 2020, 12:23 PM

There’s no doubt it will turn political regardless of the outcome. But to me it’s very simple. If ACC had decided not to play and I owned a business in Clemson , I would be grateful if President Trump helped bring back football in a difficult business year.

yep many just dont get

Sep 2, 2020, 12:46 PM

how no football in those college towns will just crush those small businesses...like darlington raceway when they first started back they didnt have fans..but this weekend they will have 8k and that will mean a ton to that small community in darlington

Re: yep many just dont get

Sep 2, 2020, 3:49 PM

Absolutely ..... 20,000 or so in Clemson for a game will at least help many of the businesses. Like most games there will probably be way more people come than are in the stadium .... even without tailgating.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic