Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
True that dissatisfied college FB Players can boycott, BUT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

True that dissatisfied college FB Players can boycott, BUT

Aug 3, 2020, 6:22 PM

so can ticket buyers & athletic donors to their colleges of choice..

and then the crapppy 4 year “free” college schollie (with books, tuition, meals, bed & board, medical care, trainers & staffs, study halls with tutors, coaches, ability to travel to neat cities & other college campuses, opportunity to play their fav sport in front of fans & on TV, etc, etc)..

can & will be withdrawn possibly to those players that want to hijack the system Without
thinking of what it costs the school to support them..the cost to recruit them..the cost to the state’s citizen’s who inadvertently support them thru taxes, etc.

I will say i’ve been for a reasonable monthly stipend for ages so they can make needed personal purchases, like $400 per month.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True that dissatisfied college FB Players can boycott, BUT

Aug 3, 2020, 6:34 PM

Bingo LBB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2020, 6:39 PM

https://youtu.be/2O8gTIr4lys

Aug 3, 2020, 6:44 PM

I thought the Clemson football budget was mostly, if not all, without any taxpayer monies....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2020, 8:23 PM

I understand that. I wish I would have had an extra $400 a month when I went to school. I had to work a 10 and sometime 12 hours a day, and in school full time at 6 hours a day. And it makes me sick to hear these guys complain bc, I was putting in 16/18 hour days, and owed $26 thousand in student loans after I graduated from a 2 program at a Technical college, and I gave up all my Pell grant money to pay on my student loans while in school. I wish I could have went to Clemson for free with all the tutor help they have for free, and any other help they need to make sure they are passing, I could have been one smart SOB with the help they have, and they owe no tuition loans when they leave... They have no right to complain about anything bc they chose what they doing, and where they wanted to go to school at to do it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2020, 8:44 PM

Then i assume you are ok with changing the rules so they can enter the NFL after HS like they do in basketball and baseball.Which would mean schools would beg to meet many of the demands.

How so?

Aug 3, 2020, 9:17 PM

No one is begging basketball or baseball players as you note.

CF would be fine for the 1-2 players a decade that would choose that route.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they do get a stipend

Aug 3, 2020, 9:38 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thecomeback.com/ncaa/how-college-football-players-spend-monthly-stipend.html

Thx T_I_P..did not they got that much already &!

Aug 3, 2020, 10:04 PM

funny about Clemson & Washington players NOT wanting to wear school colors out on the town!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they do get a stipend

Aug 4, 2020, 1:13 PM [ in reply to they do get a stipend ]

With all they don't get, if they hadn't come to college on a FB scholarship, they would have been working at a job in their hometowns and paying for everything in their life on $4-500 a week take home. With everything that college FB players get while in school and getting a payment free education even if they never play FB again after college, they will be better off than about half that is in college at the same time, when they graduate bc they are going to have a ton of student loans to pay back, that the scholarship player will not have. Advantage, the scholarship player!!!

Oh but the school is making million off of the FB player, breaking news, Amazon and the companies that employee a lot of people, those employees will not in no way shape or form, get an equal part of those companies revenue, it ain't going to happen. And when those college FB players graduate without a FB contract, they're not going to get an equal share of their employers share either. And when they are paying for a 100% of their livelihood after college, they are going to wish they were still in college playing FB for the most of them, and they won't have that huge debt that the students at those colleges will have after they leave college!!! And MOST of those getting a college education through FB scholarships, if not for being a good HS FB player, they would have never seen a day in college, especially a college like Clemson University!!!! So what is all the crying and complaining about, they are the lucky ones bc their scholarships didn't restrict them from getting whatever they wanted to get out of a college for free, and they had free tutors to help make sure they learned what they themself chose to do in college, and the ones that left early and couldn't make in professional sports, they made that choice also, but at Clemson, they are allowed to come back and finish, graduate!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2020, 10:06 PM

Nice seeing you not being Devils advocate for once?? Just kidding, agree with you whole heatedly.

Aug 4, 2020, 10:06 PM

Nice seeing you not being Devils advocate for once?? Just kidding, agree with you whole heatedly.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic