Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor versus DJ
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,892

Trevor versus DJ

Dec 5, 2020, 11:56 PM

Obviously Trevor has the experience, the better knowledge of the offense, and is a better runner. And oh yeah, he will be the number one pick in the draft and many consider him one of the most highly rated quarterbacks to come out in the draft ever.

But to be totally honest in the games DJ started, I saw him make some throws that I am not sure Trevor could make. I know that sounds crazy, but DJs arm almost seems stronger than Trevor‘s. Full disclosure, after the Citadel game I made a post that said I thought DJ would never be as good as Trevor. In retrospect, I was totally wrong. He really impressed me against Boston College and Notre Dame.

So, it will be interesting to see if the offense is much better against Notre Dame with Trevor than it was with a DJ. I think it probably will be, given Trevor‘s running ability and all his other great traits. But let’s not forget that DJ is really good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor’s running should be the difference...

Dec 5, 2020, 11:59 PM

DJ definitely has a special arm and has the potential to be a better pure passer than TL.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’ll be interesting to see how Clemson fans react going from a

Dec 6, 2020, 12:03 AM

Dual threat QB with DW to a Pro Style QB that can run with TL to a pure pocket passer in DJ. I think DJ is fast, but he’s not quick. It’s almost like the Juggernaut in the marvel comics. Better get him down before he picks up a head of steam on running plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’ll be interesting to see how Clemson fans react going from a

Dec 6, 2020, 12:07 AM

Yes I agree with that. However, DJ did have a shoulder injury in the games he started. I do think DJ needs to lose a little bit of weight and get quicker. But I’m just glad we have him the next 2 years.

Re: Trevor versus DJ

Dec 6, 2020, 12:06 AM

opants said:

Obviously Trevor has the experience, the better knowledge of the offense, and is a better runner. And oh yeah, he will be the number one pick in the draft and many consider him one of the most highly rated quarterbacks to come out in the draft ever.

But to be totally honest in the games DJ started, I saw him make some throws that I am not sure Trevor could make. I know that sounds crazy, but DJs arm almost seems stronger than Trevor‘s. Full disclosure, after the Citadel game I made a post that said I thought DJ would never be as good as Trevor. In retrospect, I was totally wrong. He really impressed me against Boston College and Notre Dame.

So, it will be interesting to see if the offense is much better against Notre Dame with Trevor than it was with a DJ. I think it probably will be, given Trevor‘s running ability and all his other great traits. But let’s not forget that DJ is really good.

I think I've read a few times that DJ has a stronger arm than TL which is CRAZY considering he came in with a rocket launcher.

DJ played a GREAT GAME against ND but let's be real too...ND sold out to stop ETN and ultimately it paid off in a win.

I think ND probably starts with a similar game plan in trying to let their DL take control of the LOS and make Trevor beat them...however, I think if TL gets in a rhythm that will cause a problem.

Main thing that's going to determine the game is the trenches because if Clemson isn't able to do much better than last time it's going to be a tough night.

I think TL being in is going to swing the game by 7-10 pts in Clemson's favor vs how it went down previously. Watching ND today they didn't exactly pull away until late against Cuse but I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Let them Domers roll into Charlotte with the media hype and let the Tigers roll in with revenge on the brain

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 12:10 AM

DJ can throw further, Trevor has better touch on the ball which opens more throws. Trevor is quicker to recognize defenses and check/read at this point, aside from the strange force it to Galloway period we went through today.

Trevor is a more elusive and faster runner. DJ had/has a shoulder injury and couldn’t show his full Cam Newton-esque running style.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 12:24 AM

You're right in one respect with DJ, he hasn't been able to run but look at his tape, he can run. Trevor had a bad bad first half. Should have thrown a pick 6. But the read he made when he threw it to Galloways feet, 1. Trevor could easily have run for the first, 2. A little flip pass to etn who was wide open, probably scores a TD. Definitely in the red zone.

Powells pass into triple coverage, if he'd have pump faked it him, get the safety to lean towards Powell, he had amari to run forever in the flat.

So, not sure if Trevor is calling the plays or if he's forcing what TE signals down. Don't know. Do know 4 sure, we were a ton better play call with Jeff Scott here. Maybe Jeff was better at breaking down the D or what. But no slam at TE, because maybe Trevor made the wrong read, or a play breaks down because of missed assignments. It's something tonight.

Oh, and yeah, they milked the clock but VA Tech helped us on defense with their mistakes. We've got to get a healthy D and we need a lockdown corner desperately or we may get embarrassed by Bama.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jeff Scott did not call plays... Elliott did...***

Dec 6, 2020, 12:29 AM

Re: Jeff Scott did not call plays... Elliott did...***

Dec 6, 2020, 12:38 AM

Some people are stuck on the idea Coach Elliott is a problem and won't let go. It's crazy that when Coach Scott wants to talk offense he doesn't call the Bama coordinator or the O Cry O St. OC instead he calls Tony Elliott.
He has said it plenty of times "from his own mouth" about play design and implementation how much he thinks of Coach Elliott!

I think it's just.......I D K!

Re: Jeff Scott did not call plays... Elliott did...***

Dec 6, 2020, 12:42 AM

p.s. Coach Elliott and the offense went into a top 3 teams home field and put up 500 yards of offense "with a freshman QB"!

Everyone gives Coach V a pass because we had young guys. How about replacing 4 long in the tooth OL from the past few years! Clearly, it's about push we aren't getting like we did. And it's about stacking the box to stop Travis. Yet, this team is over 500 yards of offense with Coach Elliott calling plays! And top ten in total offense!

Dec 6, 2020, 12:25 AM

Don’t forget he was playing with a hurt shoulder against ND. That’s why they didn’t run him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 12:43 AM

I think DJ would be even better if he lost a few pounds but I will take him like he is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 12:49 AM

opants said:

You’re absolutely correct dude...DJ can make arm angle throws and flip the wrist with velocity that Trevor can’t...but TL can control a game better, run better, make better decisions at the moment because of knowledge, experience, etc...but yeah...DJ may/may not ever be as good as Trevor but he certainly can make throws that Trevor cannot!!!

Dec 6, 2020, 8:04 AM

Fun Fact: 100% of every drive lead by DJ resulted in a score vs VT. In fact Clemson scored on every play he was under center against VT.

Wait one minute my friend

Dec 6, 2020, 8:21 AM

DJ might have a slightly stronger arm, but Trevor has a very strong arm and is the better passer in every way. Arm strength is only an issue if you don’t have it. But Trevor has better touch, anticipation, accuracy and is the far superior runner. He’s faster much quicker and more agile. DJ will be a power runner, but he will take more sacks than Trevor because he doesn’t have that quickness and subtle elusiveness in the pocket, which was also KB’s problem and why KB was grossly overrated as a runner.

Strong arm does not mean better passer

Dec 6, 2020, 8:27 AM

Trevor has made so many touch throws, right on target, over linebackers, etc - for you to equate arm strength and being a good passer is wrong.
DJU - may become a very good passer. But right now, he is more of a thrower.

Right now, clearly an apple vs an orange.

TL is a once every 25 year QB. Don’t forget it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Strong arm does not mean better passer

Dec 6, 2020, 9:21 AM

Agreed. Love DJ and what he brings but he is a thrower right now. TL will most likely not have the same yardage that DJ did against Notre Dame but if our defense plays better and Book doesn’t have the best game of his career and if Travis E. doesn't fumble and give away a TD and if Notre Dame doesn’t make a miracle catch in the end zone we should be fine in the ACC championship game.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,892
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic