Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trenton Simpson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Trenton Simpson

Dec 15, 2019, 4:43 PM

Why is this kid just now being offered? Just because of Flowe? This kid sounds like the ultimate Clemson man. I know we have Swint and Allen and they will be fantastic players, but just seems this guy is well worth it even if it pushes the numbers. So happy he is a Tiger! Seems like a great family!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trenton Simpson

Dec 15, 2019, 4:49 PM

Why is any one getting their panties in a wad over who and when Dabo and company offer someone? My goodness I think they do a great job with out our help.

Dec 15, 2019, 4:53 PM

Flow or nor Flow; just happy that Simpson is a Tiger!

Dec 15, 2019, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Trenton Simpson ]

Flowe or no flow; just happy that Simpson is a Tiger!

Dec 15, 2019, 5:16 PM

You can say that again

Dec 15, 2019, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Trenton Simpson ]

just curious

I think we are still getting Flowe

Dec 15, 2019, 4:50 PM

I don’t think we are out of that. The number could have opened up from another position too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we are still getting Flowe

Dec 15, 2019, 4:59 PM

Kinda feel the same . I don't pay any attention to what forum-experts say and if it hasn't come out of the kid's own mouth or his family's official announcements ... I wait and see .
Never ever doubt the Dabo .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Would be awesome, but my guess is USC***

Dec 15, 2019, 5:07 PM [ in reply to I think we are still getting Flowe ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 5:42 PM

I mean it sounds like Flowe wasn't going to come if Simpson came onboard. Sometimes you have guys that want to be the only top guy recruited at their position. I'm typically not a huge fan of this because my thought would be if you're confident in your abilities and a team-first guy you would only be excited for other great players to join you in a recruiting class. Especially at LB where you can both possibly get on the field together.

Sounds like they always had Simpson ready to roll if they didn't get Flowe. Probably started hearing some Flowe to west coast (USC or Oregon) stuff and decided they were tired of being strung along and just pulled the trigger on a great player in Simpson.

This is not to say there is no shot at Flowe left, but I'd be surprised. Doesn't really bother me though because considering getting both wasn't a realistic possibility I'm just as happy with Simpson as I would be Flowe. I feel whichever one would have come to Clemson would be the one to have the better career (Venables effect).

Dec 15, 2019, 6:12 PM

I never doubt this staff. This kid just seems like someone we would have wanted from the start.

Dec 15, 2019, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Trenton Simpson ]

Are you an Oregon fan that just joined to be part of this conversation?

Dec 15, 2019, 6:17 PM

Because he was committed to Auburn until a few days ago.

Dec 15, 2019, 7:02 PM

He hasn't been committed to Auburn in months.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 7:13 PM

Well I suspect that our staff isn't really quick to pull the trigger on a kid that was committed elsewhere. When you commit to Clemson you are committed and so is the staff. Took a while to properly vet the kid

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

***Simpson de-committed from Awburn in October******

Dec 15, 2019, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Trenton Simpson ]

Dec 15, 2019, 7:26 PM

I'm not recruiting expert but if I were to guess it's one of two things.

1. We knew Simpson was a HEAVY Clemson lean despite no offer but had Flowe as a priority and made a commitment to him that he had until 12/13/19 to be our last LB offer assuming there were no other shifts in the roster. So the time expired and Simpson got the offer and accepted. You can't let one elite player stop you from getting another elite player just for commitment hype.

I didn't follow his recruitment but I had seen 1 or 2 people comment that Clemson was his DREAM school and was dying for an offer.

2. We have one more LB leaving next year than we anticipated and just discovered it and had to offer Simpson to fix numbers.

Either way I'm stoked to have an elite player that is ALLLLLLL INNNNN

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic